Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge (11810 Views)

Stay Away From Our State – Enugu Government Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Atlantic Ocean Surge Kills 16 In Lagos (Pictures) / Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by xykms101: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2013
propzncribz:

There's a time to speak and a time to shut the hell up
Why wouldn't i talk when you were about to pack our stew with your bread. Liar
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by xynerise: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2013
cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by 4peace(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2013
ceejay80s: Na so dem talk about heavy rain fall in lagos, dat any body living in canal area should run 4 their lives, and till 2day nothing done happen
are we in 2014 already
dont forget after august-break what follows is once a-while thunderous rain

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by propzncribz: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2013
xykms101: Why wouldn't i talk when you were about to pack our stew with your bread. Liar

Oga I live on alpha beach, I rent houses to people in this region. If u think I'm lying, then take a rope to the third mainland bridge, tie it around your neck and jump down.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by iheanachoEmma(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
info is power,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Na who go summon Mother Nature make she come quit all the ig**s for Lagos?
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by trolling(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what lekki is gonna look like in a few years from now
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by jaymichael(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Don Demu: I wiil love a natural disaster of this nature to occur in the east. I have for a long time been propagating the gospel of do unto others, cautioning the igbos to be careful what they wish on northerners anytime they run their smelly mouths as they jubilate, wishing all sorts of evil on the north, once the "goodnews" of boko haram bomb blast filters in, but to no avail. I guess something like this would've taught them how to behave by drowning their ugly heads.
What is this one saying? Have you been smoking "DUNG BEETLE" SHIIT? you better stop it before it kills you. Who are those bombing the North? who are the Boko Haram? are they not Northerners?
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by naptu2: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
The ocean surge would have eaten into Victoria Island, Kuramo and Goshen Estate if the Great Wall of Lagos had not been constructed. Thankfully, the Governor has stated that the wall will be extended to protect Lekki Beach and environs.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Don Demu: I wiil love a natural disaster of this nature to occur in the east. I have for a long time been propagating the gospel of do unto others, cautioning the igbos to be careful what they wish on northerners anytime they run their smelly mouths as they jubilate, wishing all sorts of evil on the north, once the "goodnews" of boko haram bomb blast filters in, but to no avail. I guess something like this would've taught them how to behave by drowning their ugly heads.

I heard a dangerous specie escaped from yaba left last night, I have notified them that you are here and you will be captured soon and sent back to yaba left where you cam from
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by nerodenero: 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
solidbroda: Sometimes, you wonder why people living in sango, ijoko, mushin, bariga are happier than people living in banana island, lekki etc
Yuzedo should answer the why!
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by nerodenero: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
When you point a finger to somebody,the remaining four points at you.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by moshoodn(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Just as the island has got its own wahala, so does the mainland..
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by moshoodn(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Looks like the "Yaba left" advice is trending....

Well, to all concerned, heed the advice if you may!
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Eko Atlantic is designed to do the exact opposite.

For hundreds of years, Lagos was protected from flooding by high sand in the waters near Bar Beach. The British destroyed this natural barrier to make room for a port. After the high sand was removed, erosion ate away at the coastline, causing regular flooding. Without intervention, the erosion was going to drag all of Lagos under the Atlantic.

Part of Eko Atlantic is the "Great Wall of Lagos" that acts as a new barrier against the ocean, and is a replacement for the high sand. It is designed to reverse the damage the British did and protect Lagos from sinking beneath the sea.

According to the LASG, it has been working. The flooding has stopped getting worse each year. Once the great wall is complete, and the sand in Eko Atlantic is filled in, regular flooding will be a thing of the past.

[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2013/03/05/000_Par7481806.jpg/610x350/[/img]
[img]http://www.svd.se/multimedia/dynamic/00795/Lagos-ekoatlantic-1_795399c.jpg[/img]
shey na wikipedia u take copy all diz tin
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
moshoodn: Just as the island has got its own wahala, so does the mainland..

so wetin be mainland problems o?
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Jethrovich(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
They expect us to relocate!!!
Where to?? have they provided houses for us and told us to relocate? with the amount we pay as taxes we deserve better environment and not just telling us to run from our homes without providing any solution
As usual Lagos State will just propose something without carefully considering its impact and providing alternative
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Ryabcool(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jethrovich: They expect us to relocate!!!
Where to?? have they provided houses for us and told us to relocate? with the amount we pay as taxes we deserve better environment and not just telling us to run from our homes without providing any solution
As usual Lagos State will just propose something without carefully considering its impact and providing alternative
will you shut the hell up? Didn't you know the environmental implications before moving there? Did LASG put a gun to your head and force you to move there? You can ask the Govt for help but don't you dare blame them for your foolishness. Carry your cross till calvary comes
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by moshoodn(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
yusufogrin:

so wetin be mainland problems o?

Just like we say in the lab "TNTC"

Too Numerous To Count...
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by naptu2: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
At the moment they are referring to people who are at the coastline (Silverbird, parts of Jakande Estate, people living and selling in shacks on the beach, fun seekers, etc). Silverbird/Rhythm has already moved to the Galleria.

If the situation gets worse and they need to conduct mass evacuations, they'll simply move people to the Ipaja, Agbowa and other resettlement camps. Remember, the Ogunpa flood victims and the Dana Air crash victims were relocated to these camps.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by moshoodn(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2013

You can stay back. .

But remember, when the waves come rushing in, you'll be all by yourself .
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by oyimaja: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
@DONDI MUMU, pls go & check ur self. u ar not mentaly ok. ur name even confirmed it "MUMU" idiot!
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Jethrovich(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ryabcool: will you shut the hell up? Didn't you know the environmental implications before moving there? Did LASG put a gun to your head and force you to move there? You can ask the Govt for help but don't you dare blame them for your foolishness. Carry your cross till calvary comes

Well I don't blame you, your profound stup'dity comes to play here

Where in my statement did I say I was forced to live there. My point was for them to provide an alternative not just saying leave there completely.

When we have people who think and act like you, how do we expect the nation to move forward? Maybe one day you would start applying your senses.

My dear, besides not everyone knows the places to avoid in Lagos during rainy seasons
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Adewizzy007(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
propzncribz:

There's a time to speak and a time to shut the hell up
hmmm....abeg no vex ooo...u and the @op must have been on drugs for saying that is alpha beach...bt @op u sabi lie wella....in short clean ur mouth.... tongue
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by doris4u(f): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
oga ocean,no be by force 2 relocate o,if u see water 4 ur room anyday no complain o.since if u no fit 4 lagos apart 4rm d ocean areas
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by dollarlander: 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2013

and I pray that what happened to the igbos in the 60s/70s should happen to the northerners through book haram, then you will understand. I doubt if you will recover from it the way igbos did. nama.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by dollarlander: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2013

I think Lagos state has considered the impact that you and your entire house hold might relocate to the ocean bed. but because Lagos state government still have provisions to accommodate you alive, the immediate solution now is for you to cooperate with the government and relocate your life and properties else where. at least government has promised to extend Lagos great walls to lekki and beyond, that won't happen overnight, its going to take money, time and process. so cooperate with us, we love you and we don't want you to go and become breakfast to the wild eko Atlantic octopus.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by brojero: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
This was the topic of a thread on NL last year:

https://www.nairaland.com/1066657/climate-change-lagos-may-vanish

Also see this link on how climate change is affecting coastal areas worldwide

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0021/002166/216603E.pdf
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by olumentain: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
It been a longtime coming, how many acars of land do Lagos State Gov. Sandfield all because of EKO ATLANTIC, God help those were affected.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Revolva(m): 2:38am On Aug 10, 2013
haaa thats why i like...mainland yaba apapa ajegule..bariga .oshodi ikeja..and the rest....all this leki V,I..bg man house na water go soon carry them go....lol..chei and them say eko atlant city go soon start....i sorry sorry for lagos by then ..
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by Ryabcool(m): 6:49am On Aug 10, 2013
Jethrovich:

Well I don't blame you, your profound stup'dity comes to play here

Where in my statement did I say I was forced to live there. My point was for them to provide an alternative not just saying leave there completely.

When we have people who think and act like you, how do we expect the nation to move forward? Maybe one day you would start applying your senses.

My dear, besides not everyone knows the places to avoid in Lagos during rainy seasons
like someone rightly commented, there are camps on the mainland that have been built as shelters to house the homeless. If it comes right down to it, the camps will be open for you to flock in. And if you feel too rich to stay in the camp, then you can stay in a hotel. As you made your 'sensible' point, let me also state that my point is that the Lagos State government is not responsible for your woes. Blame your colonial masters for destroying the natural barrier. The best you can do is to encourage the LASG to 'QUICKLY' extend the artificial barrier to the Lekki environs.
Re: Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge by propzncribz: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2013
Adewizzy007:
hmmm....abeg no vex ooo...u and the @op must have been on drugs for saying that is alpha beach...bt @op u sabi lie wella....in short clean ur mouth.... tongue

Ok u win, I lose. Its not alpha beach area, its ajegunle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’ll Fight Corruption Like I Did —guinea President / Obiano At U-17 Finald At Rojenny Tourist & Games Village - Photos / Jubilation As Ugwuanyi Flags Off Abakpa Nike-emene Link Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.