Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? (1148 Views)

Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Nigerian Horror Film Trailer: KPIANS - The Feast Of Souls / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by spinna: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2013
Hi guys i want you to watch and critique this trailer. Is it typical nollywood or is it it better? (or worse).

So... typical naija film or genuinely scary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFhvGn1XPAo
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by sholay2011(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Em...so where is the trailer? 'Cos all I see is just an experimentation of a horror movie stunt which is not that bad sha.
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by spinna: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2013
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2013
sholay2011: Em...so where is the trailer? 'Cos all I see is just an experimentation of a horror movie stunt which is not that bad sha.

That IS the trailer... well he said it is so it is a bad idea - half of it is just a shot of black... duh!

But @ OP I really liked the mirror shot... I did that once in one of my uni shorts. It shows you do have creativity and figured out how to make an effect work.

But as Sholay said, this isn't a trailer... (you need to learn to edit or get a better editor)
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by spinna: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2013
smileyAs R.Rodriguez says u don't need to go to school to be a filmmaker just start introducing yourself as one. Well u guys got me, it IS an experiment....turned trailer. What are the particular flaws you noticed?
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by prof800(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
How can one achieve that mirror effect?
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by Briareos(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
I need my 2Mb and 30 seconds of my life back.
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Briareos: I need my 2Mb and 30 seconds of my life back.
Where you dey hide siiiiiince? And wetin make you dig up this thread? Horror film dey hungry you? grin
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by Briareos(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
VillageBoi:
Where you dey hide siiiiiince? And wetin make you dig up this thread? Horror film dey hungry you? grin

I'm always around o. Pop in here at least twice in a day.

Na Prof dig out the thread o.

How far you nah?
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Briareos:
I'm always around o. Pop in here at least twice in a day.
Na Prof dig out the thread o.
How far you nah?
Nice! I just nefa see you for long. Sorry I no even see say na Prof do the digging... make I try answa him kweshion.
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
prof800: How can one achieve that mirror effect?
Oga prof e no too hard to do.

The main thing is having your cam locked down on a tripod - and that must NOT move at all.

Frame your actor so he/she shows in one half of the mirror then move them so their reflection shows in the other half of the mirror. To make it even easier make sure they don't overlap - then in post mask out the 'empty' side of the mirror of each shot and presto - you have the person showing twice.

Adding screen shot of an old Uni film of mine. The guy waka go wash face for morning and his ghostly reflection appeared with the 'magical' clock, scaring the sh*t out of him. In the filming I had someone 'hiding' where 'ghost' is so the actors eyeline would be perfect; the person just had to stand up on cue. The film was called 'Tempus Fugit' - Latin for 'Time Flies'. Oh the days of filming on Sony PD150 lol

EDIT: Just watched 'horror' clip again. It's the same principal of 'masking' two different shots. Guy stands still and does the scary face and shot two is guy quickly turns around. Cut out the reflection of him turning around and replace it with scary face.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by prof800(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^^^^
Thanks VillageBoi. wink

Briareos: I need my 2Mb and 30 seconds of my life back.
grin grin grin grin
Sorry Sir, I didn't mean to do that. grin

...But I'm still learning so no knowledge is lost.
here is something better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKu4jipv2A&sns=tw
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^^
You're welcome Oga Prof.

Hahahah love this little film you posted. We also have a little lesson to learn from it. Play it again but jump to when she goes to the bathroom - then close your eyes and listen... what do you hear??
Teehee, you will hear someone 'urinating' complete with the 'end-piss squeezing out dribbles' lol. Thumbs up for indie sound design. Now had the framing been a little different and they showed the tap running. grin
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by prof800(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^^^^
you've got monsters senses.
I didn't even notice all that. sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by VillageBoi(m): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^^
Lol, na so e be.
Re: Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? by WILUG: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2014
This is more like it... from a new Nigerian director. I believe we need to encourage this guy. Met him a while back. Ese Okagbare if I remember correctly (don't know if he's related to Blessing Okagbare). Truly an interesting and inspirational chap... I have no doubt that great stuff will come from his stables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r6tz-ydjmY&list=PLoJItosP_QvQYtmM_L2fP16PlGKfLihfp

(1) (Reply)

Best Nollywood Experience: Starting Point! / Latest Nollywood Movies - Hot Sex / Hollywood Movie Download Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.