Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order (1049 Views)

Reliable Custom Email Provider For Domains Apart From Google Apps For Business / BTjunkie Shuts Down / Uh Oh! Us Govt Shuts Down Megaupload.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by Slyr0x: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2013
Lavabit, the security-conscious email provider that was the preferred email service of NSA leaker Edward Snowden, has closed its doors, citing US government interference.

"I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit," founder Ladar Levinson said in a statement posted to the company's homepage on Thursday. "After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations."

Prior to its closure, Lavabit was a dedicated email service that offered subscribers "the freedom of running your own email server – without the hassle or expense."

In addition to a variety of flexible configuration options, the service boasted that all email stored on its servers was encrypted using asymmetric elliptical curve cryptography, in such a way that it was impossible to discern the contents of any email without knowing the user's password.

As a whitepaper posted to the company's website (now removed, but available from the Internet Archive) observed:

Our goal was to make invading a user's privacy difficult, by protecting messages at their most vulnerable point. That doesn't mean a dedicated attacker, like the United States government, couldn't intercept the message in transit or once it reaches your computer.

Our hope is the difficulty associated with those strategies means they will only be used by governments on terrorists and scammers, not on honest citizens.

It now seems, however, that Levinson's hope was just wishful thinking. Without going into details, his statement on Thursday made plain that pressure from the US government was behind his decision to shutter Lavabit.

"I feel you deserve to know what's going on – the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this," Levinson wrote. "Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests."

Under current US law, requests for information by US intelligence agencies often carry a gag order that forbids the party receiving the request from disclosing what information was requested, or even that a request was made at all.

The gag orders can be challenged by appealing to the shadowy Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), which operates in complete secrecy, but such appeals are seldom granted.

Not even Google or Microsoft – each of which, it must be said, has far deeper pockets than Lavabit – has managed to challenge the surveillance orders. Both companies were named by Snowden as having turned over user data to government spies under the secretive PRISM program, but the FISC won't allow them to reveal to the public what they may or may not have actually disclosed.

Little wonder, then, that Levinson's "appropriate requests" have similarly been denied.

The Lavabit founder says he next plans to challenge the government's ruling in the US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. A favorable ruling, he says, would allow him to "resurrect Lavabit as an American company" – though he doesn't appear to hold out much hope.

"This experience," Levinson wrote, "has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would strongly recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States." ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/08/lavabit_shuts_down/
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by Slyr0x: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2013
Slyr0x:

"This experience," Levinson wrote, "has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would strongly recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States." ®

Food for thought!

1 Like

Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2013
I will rather allow US government to intercept my data than to think that Snowden is a hero. Snowden is a traitor and US government means well for its citizens.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by databoy247(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I will rather allow US government to intercept my data than to think that Snowden is a hero. Snowden is a traitor and US government means well for its citizens.

The highlighted is actually their bullet point of defense for their extreme interference of privacy. With the US government, you dont have anything called "personal or private". That does not define means well for its citizens - and that sucks.

2 Likes

Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by Slyr0x: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I will rather allow US government to intercept my data than to think that Snowden is a hero. Snowden is a traitor and US government means well for its citizens.

In revealing the colossal scale of the U.S. government’s eavesdropping on Americans and other people around the world, Snowden has performed a great public service that more than outweighs any breach of trust he may have committed.

Thanks to Snowden, the whole world now knows “The N.S.A. has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting.”

Snowden lived a "very comfortable" life earning a salary of roughly US$200,000. .about #32million naira per annum. .Point out a man that'ld give away all that + his privacy + his freedom + his family . .

So what exactly is Snowden’s real crime? Why is he being haunted? All 'cos he uncovered questionable activities that those in power would rather have kept secret.

In my humble opinion, Snowden is a man of conscience! In his words, “I don’t want to live in a society that does these sort of things. .I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under.”

I still insist that Snowden is a hero!!!

1 Like

Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by databoy247(m): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2013
Slyr0x:

In revealing the colossal scale of the U.S. government’s eavesdropping on Americans and other people around the world, Snowden has performed a great public service that more than outweighs any breach of trust he may have committed.

Thanks to Snowden, the whole world now knows “The N.S.A. has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting.”

Snowden lived a "very comfortable" life earning a salary of roughly US$200,000. .about #32million naira per annum. .Point out a man that'ld give away all that + his privacy + his freedom + his family . .

So what exactly is Snowden’s real crime? Why is he being haunted? All 'cos he uncovered questionable activities that those in power would rather have kept secret.

In my humble opinion, Snowden is a man of conscience! In his words, “I don’t want to live in a society that does these sort of things. .I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under.”

I still insist that Snowden is a hero!!!

GBAM!!
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2013
No, Snowden is not a hero. He deliberately took the job to get inside how NSA operates. He took an oath of secrecy. When he found out about the project, he should have raised alarm within the company and offer suggestions. NSA is not operating illegally. The project has the backing of US legislative assembly.

If US knows that I sent a love or romantic email to my partner, what will they do with it? Will they come and arrest me? If they know that I send email to my friends asking them not to vote for a certain presidential candidate, will US government prosecute me? Not at all.

But what if they intercept an email from me that gives details to a fellow on how to bomb White House? This is where I will be in trouble with US. So I dont see what Snowden has achieved in blowing the whistle.

I hope you know that MTN and other telecommunication companies have copies of all the text messages and calls you have made?

The US plan to sniff communication data is not targeted to innocent citizens. If your data is just about everyday communication between friends, couple, family, business partners and colleagues, they have nothing against you. But if it's about terrorism, it will now help them to track down the terrorists.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by curiouslad(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
@graphicplus

If it was not illegal then why was it made a secret. Whatever backing it received was not made public
The issue is not with the huge data they have collected but with the profiling done with these data

What scares me is the fact that they could string unrelated information together and label anybody anything they deem fit to suit their national interest

The US government is sniffing data internationally and you think that is ok

While the intentions of the program might be Good I think it is too much power to be vested in one person

I might be paranoid but what happens if the outgoing president happens to stumble on incriminating evidence on the incoming president??
We could have a puppet in the hand of an ex president

1 Like

Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by tirtimy: 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
Almost all, If not all Country do this same that Snowden revealed. I am not surprise with it.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by CreativeWeb(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Snowden shouldn't have leaked this. Now he will live the rest of his life as US villain.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
curiouslad: @graphicplus

If it was not illegal then why was it made a secret. Whatever backing it received was not made public

It could not have been made public or the purpose will be of no use because terrorists will then find another way of passing information information to each other. Do you know how much information every government receives from secret security agents? There are classified information that should not be made public. Believe me, NSA has absolutely nothing to do with your communication data if it has nothing to do with terrorism activities.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by Lovetinz(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2013

Your ignorance of the implications of the government snooping on you is astounding!

Do You snoop on the government?

Think.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lovetinz:

Your ignorance of the implications of the government snooping on you is astounding!

Think.

Pls sir list the implications for me.

1 Like

Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by PrinceNN(m): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lovetinz:

Think.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by onyengbu: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Think.

Who is the government? There is no one person or group of persons who can be identified as government. If you are talking about NSA, then my question should be why should you snoop on them?
It is their job to 'detect' something bad that is going to happen and stop it. If they fail, people cricticise them yet no one wants to be snooped upon.

People should know that no one - at least not in this century - can build a system that can detect ONLY bad things. You have to gather all of it together and then seive out the ones you dont need.

I dont see why anyone should worry about being snooped on if they are not trying to attack the US. Even normal crime or other offences trial in a law court will not entertain evidence from a secret government monitoring.

You have to be a terrorist of some sort to be afraid of the government watching you!
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by teemy(m): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Firstly a little bit of humor on the topic above

When I read this article, I can't help but to think about when Gandalf faced Balrog in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.
"You shall not pass!!!" - Gandalf.
Good job Lavabit!! Fight against this encroachment on our freedoms!!

Whatever you feel about Snowden when he relesed those files to Guardian's Glenn Greenwald as a hero or traitor, make your decision after reading through my research findings below (weekends are really good periods for spending free time).

Motivations

The 4th and 5th Amendments to the Constitution of my country, Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and numerous statutes and treaties forbid such systems of massive, pervasive surveillance. While the US Constitution marks these programs as illegal, my government argues that secret court rulings, which the world is not permitted to see, somehow legitimize an illegal affair....

Human Rights Watch said that if Snowden were able to raise the issue of NSA mass surveillance without facing espionage charges, he would not have left the United States in the first place.

Former US President Jimmy Carter said: "He's obviously violated the laws of America, for which he's responsible, but I think the invasion of human rights and American privacy has gone too far ...

In late July 2013, Lon Snowden expressed a belief that his son would be better off staying in Russia, saying he was no longer confident his son would receive a fair trial in the United States, and that Russia was probably the best place to seek asylum. The elder Snowden said that the FBI had offered to fly him to Russia on their behalf. Lon declined the offer citing a lack of assurance that he would see his son, and adding that he didn't wish to be used as "an emotional tool.

After Amnesty International met Edward Snowden in Moscow in mid July 2013, the organization said:
"What he has disclosed is patently in the public interest and as a whistleblower his actions were justified. He has exposed unlawful sweeping surveillance programmes that unquestionably interfere with an individual’s right to privacy. States that attempt to stop a person from revealing such unlawful behaviour are flouting international
law. Freedom of expression is a fundamental right."

Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, accused western governments of practicing hypocrisy, as they conducted spying on the Internet while they criticized other countries for spying on the Internet. Berners-Lee said that Internet spying can make people feel reluctant to access intimate details or use the Internet in a certain way, and as paraphrased by Steve Robson of the Daily Mail, he said that the Internet "should be protected from being controlled by governments or large corporations."

Any government employee or contractor is warned repeatedly that the unauthorized disclosure of classified information is a crime.... These were legally authorized programs; in the case of Verizon Business’s phone records, Snowden certainly knew
this, because he leaked the very court order that approved the continuation of the project. So he wasn’t blowing the whistle on anything illegal; he was exposing something that failed to meet his own standards of propriety. The question, of course, is whether the government can function when all of its employees (and contractors) can take it upon themselves to sabotage the programs they don’t like. That’s what Snowden has done.

NSA warrantless surveillance – Shortly after the September 11 attacks in 2001, President George W. Bush (R) implemented a secret program by the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on domestic telephone calls by American citizens without warrants, thus by-passing the FISA court which must approve all such actions. In 2010, Federal Judge Vaughn Walker ruled this practice to be illegal.

Senator Paul said, "I do think when history looks at this, they are going to contrast the behavior of James Clapper, our National Intelligence Director, with Edward Snowden. Mr. Clapper lied in Congress in defiance of the law, in the name of security. Mr. Snowden told the truth in the name of privacy."

Clapper commited perjury, compare with

In all, twelve Justice Department officials resigned rather than testify under oath before Congress. They included Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and his chief of staff Kyle Sampson, Gonzales’ liaison to the White House Monica Goodling, aide to the president Karl Rove and his senior aide Sara M. Taylor.

Rather than lie these people preferred to resign and what happened to Clapper?

On 21 June 2013, the Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper issued an apology for giving false testimony under oath to the United States Congress, which is a felony under 18 USC s. 1001. Earlier in March that year, Clapper had denied
that the NSA was collecting any type of data from U.S. citizens. In his letter of apology, Clapper wrote that he had focused on Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and therefore, he "simply didn't think" about Section
215 of the Patriot Act, which justifies the mass collection of telephone data from U.S. citizens. Clapper said: "My response was clearly erroneous—for which I apologize".

...and the man who exposed him is given a global chase. A different set of laws if you are acting in the interest of US National Security.

International
Even foreign government officials are not sacred how much their citizenry

It was revealed (by Snowden) in June 2013 that GCHQ, the intelligence agency of the British government, had intercepted phone calls and monitored computers used by foreign delegates at the summit. Their actions were sanctioned by the British government and intelligence was passed to British government ministers.

Russia, Turkey and South Africa reacted angrily after it was revealed that their diplomats had been spied on during the 2009 G-20 London summit.

Hong Kong legislators Gary Fan and Claudia Mo wrote a letter to Obama stating, "the revelations of blanket surveillance of global communications by the world's leading democracy have damaged the image of the U.S. among freedom-loving peoples around the world."[142] Ai Weiwei, a Chinese dissident, said, "Even though we know governments do all kinds of things I was shocked by the information about the US surveillance operation, Prism. To me, it's abusively using government powers to interfere in individuals' privacy. This is an important moment for international society to reconsider and protect individual rights."

Morales plane incident
Red marked nations (Spain, France and Italy) denied permission to cross their airspace. Plane landed in Austria.

On July 1, 2013, president Evo Morales of Bolivia, who had been attending a conference of gas-exporting countries in Russia, appeared predisposed to offer asylum to Snowden during an interview with Russia Today. The following day, the airplane carrying him back to Bolivia from Russia was rerouted to Austria when France, Spain and Italy denied access to their airspace due to suspicions that Snowden was on board. Upon landing in Vienna, the presidential plane was reportedly searched by Austrian officials, although the Bolivian Defense Minister denied a search took place, saying Morales had denied entry to his plane. The refusals for entry into French, Spanish and Italian airspace ostensibly for "technical reasons", strongly denounced by Bolivia, Ecuador and other South American nations, were attributed to rumors perpetuated allegedly by the US that Snowden was on board. Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs, José García-Margallo, publicly stated that they were told he was on board but did not specify as to who had informed them. Austrian media later claimed the rumor originated with the US ambassador to Austria. France apologized for the incident the day after the plane was grounded. The Spanish ambassador to Bolivia apologized two weeks later, saying that "the procedure was not appropriate".

U.S. government declares hacking an act of war, then hacks allies

Revelations from European leaders on Monday that the National Security Agency bugged European Union offices in Washington and hacked into its computer network bring to light hypocrisy on the part of the U.S. government, according to The Washington Examiner.
Now that EU officers have been hacked by the U.S. government as well, one must wonder if that was an “act of war” on the part of the United States, the Examiner

FORNSAT, which means "foreign satellite collection", and refers to intercepts from satellites that process data used by other countries

XKeyscore may be instrumental in the process of breaking in to a VPN, and to identify "exploitable" (hackable) machines via TAO

Aside what this expo caused inside the US, let's think more of international implications. A bit on how cornered lawmakers support non patriotic bills that they are themselves exposed to considering that there is the notion that some commit money laundering

Snowden described his CIA experience in Geneva as "formative", stating that the CIA deliberately got a Swiss banker drunk and encouraged him to drive home. Snowden said that when the latter was arrested, a CIA operative offered to intervene and later recruited the banker. Swiss President Ueli Maurer said it did not seem likely "that this incident played out as it has been described by Snowden and by the media." The revelations were said to be sensitive as the Swiss government was passing legislation for more banking transparency.

In Nigeria, Shell told US diplomats that it had placed staff in all the main ministries of the government.

Please Mr President give us something to believe in.
Oh but is this not the same man that as soon as he left his home country Nigerians were being victimised and deported illegally from Kenya. Quite coincidental you say and yeah right Mrs Clinton came and gave us a good tongue lash which I believe was rightly deserved but considering he has shown a snob of Nigeria in the past considering her role in Africa you mish say there is a cow (maybe, maybe not).

U.S. President Barack Obama asserted that the American public had no cause for concern because "nobody is listening to your telephone calls".

According to The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald (Snowden Report) even low-level NSA analysts are allowed to search and listen to the communications of Americans and other people without court approval and supervision. Greenwald said low level analysts can via systems like XKeyscore "listen to whatever emails they want, whatever telephone calls, browsing histories, Microsoft Word documents. And it's all done with no need to go to a court, with no need to even get supervisor approval on the part of the analyst.

Reminds me more of President Bush

In his January 2003 State of the Union speech, U.S. President George W. Bush said, "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." This single sentence is now known as "the Sixteen Words."

In late 2002 and early 2003, Bush urged the United Nations to enforce Iraqi disarmament mandates, precipitating a diplomatic crisis. In November 2002, Hans Blix and Mohamed ElBaradei led UN weapons inspectors in Iraq, but were advised by the U.S. to depart the country four days prior to the U.S. invasion, despite their requests for more time to complete their tasks.[263] The U.S. initially sought a UN Security Council resolution authorizing the use of military force but dropped the bid for UN approval due to vigorous opposition from several countries.

Inspectors began visiting sites where WMD production was suspected, but found no evidence of such activities, except for 18 undeclared empty 122 mm chemical rockets that were destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision. P. 30 Inspectors also found that the Al-Samoud-2 and Al-fatah missiles violated the UN range restrictions, the former also being partially destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision.

Inspectors began visiting sites where WMD production was suspected, but found no evidence of such activities, except for 18 undeclared empty 122 mm chemical rockets that were destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision. Inspectors also found that the Al-Samoud-2 and Al-fatah missiles violated the UN range restrictions, the former also being partially destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision.

On March 7, Hans Blix reported accelerated cooperation throughout the month of February[3] and he informed the UN security council that "it will not take years, nor weeks, but months" to verify whether Iraq had complied with its disarmament
obligations.

President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair met in the Azores for an "emergency summit" over the weekend of March 15–16, 2003, after which Bush declared that, despite Blix's report, "diplomacy had failed" to compel Iraq to comply with UN Resolution inspection requirements, and stated his intention to use military force to attack Iraq in what was, according to the Bush administration, compliance with the threat of "serious consequences" in UN 1441

Russia does not have in its possession any trustworthy data that supports the existence of nuclear weapons or any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and we have not received any such information from our partners as yet.

The invasion of Iraq was strongly opposed by some long-standing U.S. allies, including the governments of France, Germany, New Zealand, and Canada. Their leaders argued that there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that invading the country was not justified in the context of UNMOVIC's 12 February 2003 report

The government of the United States said publicly, and the British pledged privately, that they were willing to invade Iraq with or without Security Council authorization,[11] despite this being illegal under international law.

The United States does not recognize the jurisdiction of any international court over its citizens or military, holding that the United States Supreme Court is its final authority. One example of this policy is that the United States did not ratify the International Criminal Court (ICC) treaty, and on 6 May 2002 it informed the UN that it has no intention to do so.

Aftermath

After the invasion of Iraq, the Iraq Survey Group, headed by David Kay was formed to find the alleged weapons of mass destruction. Apart from a small quantity of degraded pre-1991 shells, nothing was found.

In 2005, the Central Intelligence Agency released a report saying that no weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq.

According to The Washington Post, when occupying troops found no evidence of a current nuclear program, the statement and how it came to be in the speech became a focus for critics in Washington and foreign capitals to press the case that the White House manipulated facts to take the United States to war.

Hypocrisy
On August 15, 2008, Bush said of Russia's invasion of the country of Georgia: "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century.

Killing press freedom by the initial champions of the cause. Only as free as the Big Boys want it to be

UK Defence officials issued a confidential DA-Notice to the BBC and other media asking the media to refrain from running further stories related to surveillance leaks including US PRISM programme and the British involvement therein. The US Army similarly restricted access to the Guardian website in order to prevent an unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

Is the US willing to stop?

In response to the information release by Snowden, Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) proposed an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act. If passed, the amendment "would curtail the ongoing dragnet collection and storage of the personal records of innocent Americans." The House rejected the amendment by a vote of 205–217. An analysis indicates that those who voted against the amendment received 122% more in campaign contributions from defense contractors than those who voted in favor of it.

End Game
With the largest global external debt any country can boast of (US at 16 trillion dollars, UK at 9 trillion), the US has to think long term of how to provide for its coming generations. Oil prices are killing and a solution has to be made. Remember Iraq, you thought no one cared about their oil thus the sanctions? Well sanctions were lifted once a new buyer came into the block and quess who it is ... pretty cheesy.

Iraq was the sixth largest net exporter of petroleum liquids in the world in 2012, with the majority of its oil exports going to the United States and to refineries in Asia.

The US People want to really know what is done in their name as some die-hard Patriots do not care whose ox is being gored and would rather sacrifice themselves as well as others to achieve their fathers' and fathers' fathers' dream of the perfect American Dream.

Who is next on the Operation Providing For Future Generations At The Expense of Weaker Countries list

Plan A - Get government moles planted in countries
Plan B - Have them pursue your agenda and leak confidential files
Plan C - If Plans A&B fail, use sanctions on excuses as you can or cannot find or plant/frame them
Plan D - Plan C fails, go to war
In conquest, winner takes all. (We dey use style talk you no wan hear abi?)

or who isn't on the list in some way

Once again, what is Snowden to you? Cheers

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/08/201389134257869696.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_G-20_London_summit
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_%28surveillance_program%29[/url]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_mass_surveillance_disclosures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XKeyscore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_disarmament_crisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_uranium_forgeries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_oil
http://newsok.com/u.s.-government-declares-hacking-an-act-of-war-then-hacks-allies/article/3858350
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt
http://www.eia.gov/countries/cab.cfm?fips=IZ
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by databoy247(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
^^^ truly a long write up but interesting nevertheless. smiley

Where is graphicplus, you're needed in this debate sir....so, your opinion pls.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by teemy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus:
The US plan to sniff communication data is not targeted to innocent citizens. If your data is just about everyday communication between friends, couple, family, business partners and colleagues, they have nothing against you. But if it's about terrorism, it will now help them to track down the terrorists.

Honestly @graphicsplus, I really really wish that were true as I love American movies, authors, e.t.c but with the way the US government is pulling this 'If you are not for us, then you are against us' stuff is really sickening and that is what these terrorists are using against them by saying the american government are its people irrespective and so the people shoud know what their government is doing in the shadows that terrorists are accusing them for.

Take a look on these innocent Americans. http://rense.com/general72/oinvent.htm and maybe just maybe a little light on what PRISM can do in the wrong hands (it already is).

P.S Watch a few Conspiracy Theory movies to see more in 3D.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by teemy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

It could not have been made public or the purpose will be of no use because terrorists will then find another way of passing information information to each other. Do you know how much information every government receives from secret security agents? There are classified information that should not be made public. Believe me, NSA has absolutely nothing to do with your communication data if it has nothing to do with terrorism activities.

If the US government had in the past proved beyond reasonable doubt that it was using its resources to help, preserve and protect it citizens at all times and probably those of other nations then I probably would be totally on your page now but they have proved time and over to beyond reasonable doubt eliminate, victimise and blackmail both its citizens and those of other countries. So why should we be happy that the Nigerian police just had new gadjets where the mentality is yet to change.
Re: Ed Snowden's Secure Email Provider Shuts Down Under Gag Order by daybydaywebsite(f): 2:07am On Sep 15, 2018
Best Encrypted email service Providers

https://www.daybyday.website/best-encrypted-email-service-providers/

Now, you Know that there's Need for Encrypted email service Providers Right?

Get your email well secure on the go as you make your choice from these best Encrypted email service Providers HERE on this page;

Don't get me wrong, these Encrypted email service Providers RUNS both paid and free email secure servers for all and sundry.

https://www.daybyday.website/best-encrypted-email-service-providers/

(1) (Reply)

Free Javascript Ebook Download / How Can I Upload A Pdf Document As Attachment? / Cheapest Web Hosting Package With FREE .COM Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.