Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! (509 Views)

Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! by TrustGod01: 11:25am On Aug 09, 2013
Myself and a friend have decided go into the haulage biz in Nigeria(Oil tanker), we have identified a number of truck heads to buy from Europe and would like answer to the following questions:-

1. I need more ideas from someone who is into the biz

2. What type of truck heads is good for the biz

3. What is the minimum age of truck head one can bring into the country.

4. what is the cost of clearing a truck head
Re: Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! by goldentie4real: 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
With little experience i had when i was managing a haulage company i will answer some of the questions 1. I can't talk about tanker business because my company was into cement, fertilizer and beverages haulage but one thing i know about haulage business is that is very lucrative if you know how to run it. Because of the huge income involved anybody that comes your way will want to siphon you e.g drivers. Mechanics e.t.c but if you know how minimise uneccesary expenses then your limit is beyond the sky there are also somethings you need to put in place before you can sleep with your eyes closed. 2. As regards type of head that you can use i will recommend DAF because its rugged and the spare parts are very cheap. MACK is Also strong but if you are not stinkly rich you can't maitain it because its spare parts is to high and i will not recommend it for even my enemy.recent model of MAN DIESEL Trucks are good and you can as well try them out but in my own view i will give it to DAF 3. If you know how to do it you can import 2oyrs old truck but i will advice you import truck that is less than 10yrs because you might want to enter into haulage contract with some manufacturing companies and they may tell you that they only accept trucks that are less than 10yrs
Re: Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! by TrustGod01: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
@goldentie4real thank you very much for your advise. Based on the research I'm still doing,I was told that Mack and Iveco are the best but based from your advise I'm now having second thoughts.What do you think about Iveco? I also researched on DAF and there are two models CF and XF. Which one do you think is the best? Thank you
Re: Haulage Biz .. Need Your Advice Please! by goldentie4real: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
In terms of maintenance cost MACK Is better than IVECO And let me tell you this if you ask mechanic he will tell you to buy what he knows how to repair and what he will be working on from time to time. As an investor and administrator your objective is to maximise income or profit and how do you achieve that? Simply by reducing your running cost and most important cost is vehicle maintenance cost. When i was managing the company.we had all the vehicles but we later abandoned the MACK and IVECO because they were eating our profit. 2. ATI are the best but they are older than ten years. CF and XF are okay but they must be injector type not rotor type because most mechanic can only work perfectly on injector. Then pray about it first so that God can direct your path. I can manage it for you if you like.

(1) (Reply)

Why The So Much Dis-trust In The Nigerian Business Environment? / 3 Reasons Why Trolleys Are Immensely Useful In A Warehouse / How To Get More Customers In Your Bulk Sms Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.