Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo (3858 Views)

Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited / Wole Soyinka:first Lady Patience Jonathan Is A Mere Domestic Appendage Of Power / Northern Nigeria As An Appendage Of The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by grafikii: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

I think the generally summarizes the crux of the matter - from the writer's perspective. I agree with him.
You are nairaland's number one bigot
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
grafikii:
You are nairaland's number one bigot

Absolutely...

I have never come across truer words on NL. He is closely followed by Onlytruth.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by ACM10: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Well said Mr. Segun Ojo

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
This is not a tribal thread, but this is a thread that all men, can voice their conviction against an insult on our mothers, sisters, daughters and the love of our lives (wives).

Wole was my Hero before he went mad, and I regret ever adoring him. Calling a woman names is not in the dictions of any civilized man, even at the height of provocation, we are taught to apologize to women and temper anger with patience.

I am disappointed in this cult founder.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by cKaiser: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
I dont expect illiterates like the OP to understand Wole Soyinka
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: This is not a tribal thread, but this is a thread that all men, can voice their conviction against an insult on our mothers, sisters, daughters and the love of our lives (wives).

Wole was my Hero before he went mad, and I regret ever adoring him. Calling a woman names is not in the dictions of any civilized man, even at the height of provocation, we are taught to apologize to women and temper anger with patience.

im MOST DISSAPOINTED & ASHAMED to have a bigotted "father of african literature" as my fellow Nigerian.
He was an eyesore during his days in my country.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
cKaiser: I dont expect illiterates like the OP to understand Wole Soyinka
Yes, illiterates don't understand WS. His style of writing, no using difficult words like Patrick Obahiagbon, but complex construct makes his readers not to discard him as they would for Obahiagbon. But were the readers, though not all, will have problem is when they are asked what they had read.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by PointB: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: This is not a tribal thread, but this is a thread that all men, can voice their conviction against an insult on our mothers, sisters, daughters and the love of our lives (wives).

My brother thank you,

Imagine how these people think. Someone wrote an article that I think will generate intellectual discussion bordering on how women are treated using Wole Soyinka as example some folks decided to turn it into a tribal thread.

Why is it so hard to separate a man from his tribe? Wole Soyinka is someone highly respected in Nigeria but he is not god or infallible. The writer of this article presented solid reasons for his opinion on WS, alas, to many too many emotional folks have allowed sentiment cloud their objectivity.

Very sad!
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Italiano1: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

My brother thank you,

Imagine how these people think. Someone wrote an article that I think will generate intellectual discussion bordering on how women are treated using Wole Soyinka as example some folks decided to turn it into a tribal thread.

Why is it so hard to separate a man from his tribe? Wole Soyinka is someone highly respected in Nigeria but he is not god or infallible. The writer of this article presented solid reasons for his opinion on WS, alas, to many too many emotional folks have allowed sentiment cloud their objectivity.

Very sad!

Please can you stop patronising us like we are fools or something. You started a thread that you cleverly named "Revisiting" then you used an article written by a bogus "Yoruba" person as some form of justification. You clearly started this thread with malicious intent- we are not fools.

You are the loudest complainant on the Complaint thread recommending that threads be closed and as usual they are closed down immediately. You want us to have an intellectual discussion on an article that is one sided and does not offer any critical analysis. I dont blame you

It is just like a Yoruba person setting up a thread starting an intellectual discussion on the courage and lionheartedness of Mr Ojukwu----oh now that will cause a lot of problems and will be swiftly closed down and numerous posters banned immediately.

We are not fools!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by YesBosss(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
Italiano1:

Please can you stop patronising us like we are fools or something. You started a thread that you cleverly named "Revisiting" then you used an article written by a bogus "Yoruba" person as some form of justification. You clearly started this thread with malicious intent- we are not fools.

You are the loudest complainant on the Complaint thread recommending that threads be closed and as usual they are closed down immediately. You want us to have an intellectual discussion on an article that is one sided and does not offer any critical analysis. I dont blame you

It is just like a Yoruba person setting up a thread starting an intellectual discussion on the courage and lionheartedness of Mr Ojukwu----oh now that will cause a lot of problems and will be swiftly closed down and numerous posters banned immediately.

We are not fools!!!

Dont mind them, its there way.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

My brother thank you,

Very sad!
Exactly. I dont understand why some people cannot separate the person from the tribe.

Fashola was lambasted on this forum for kidnapping and deporting Nigerians, yoruba APC e-rats turned it into a tribal war. Ditto WS.

It appears we can longer criticise anything associated with the southwest APC. Any criticism/attack on any southwest APC politician or sympathiser automatically becomes attack on
yorubas, which in turn leads to a tribal war.

Yet this same yoruba APC rats relentlessly attack, curse and insult GEJ on this forum.

If the Ijaws are to follow the example of the shameless yoruba APC hypocrites, this forum would have gone up in flames by now. The yoruba APC internet rats are nothing but shameless hypocrites.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

Did I mention any tribe by their name? Why do you have guilty conscience?
How do you know it is tribal when you didn't mention any tribe. Guy, you no sabi how to dem dey marshall points.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by goodslayer: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
pointb the two faced tribalist. Blowing cold on the complaints thread and blowing hot on igbo vs yoruba threads.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly. I dont understand why some people cannot separate the person from the tribe.

Fashola was lambasted on this forum for kidnapping and deporting Nigerians, yoruba APC e-rats turned it into a tribal war. Ditto WS.

It appears we can longer criticise anything associated with APC in the southwest. Any criticism/attack on any southwest APC politician or sympathiser automatically becomes attack on
yorubas.

Yet these are the same people that relentlessly attacked, cursed and insulted GEJ FROM DAY ONE on this forum.

If the Ijaws are to follow the examples of the shameless yoruba APC hypocrites, this forum would have gone up in flames by now. The yoruba APC internet rats are nothing but shameless hypocrites.
If you're a true sincere nigeria, as your moniker says, then I pity Nigeria, and sincerity itself.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by PointB: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Italiano1:

We are not fools!!!

The thread you accuse me of 'cleverly' renaming it's topic has a link. Why don't you check it out and see if I renamed anything. Like I said, this is an innocuous thread, and other than the need for discussion, the ascription of any other intent is a product of your imagination, which I believe is very fertile.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by goodslayer: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

It appears we can longer criticise anything associated with APC in the southwest. Any criticism/attack on any southwest APC politician or sympathiser automatically becomes attack on
yorubas.

Yet these are the same people that relentlessly attacked, cursed and insulted GEJ FROM DAY ONE on this forum.

If the Ijaws are to follow the examples of the shameless yoruba APC hypocrites, this forum would have gone up in flames by now. The yoruba APC internet rats are nothing but shameless hypocrites.

why you aint serving ban for trolling still baffles me. Back to the topic aint you and your co travellers bunch of hypocrates. Northeern destitutes were sent back to their region you guys were throwing high fives on this forum. When peeps were drop in oyo and osun dozzybaba was one of the igboid that mock yorubas on this forum. Now its igbos turn the world will not rest. I bow to una i.q levels and never you insult our leaders cos we dont insult yours. Gej drew the first blood by calling our leaders bunch of rascals and we the south west youth children of anger . So pack well with your whining sermons.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by PointB: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

yorubas.

Spot on bros,
It's so disgusting what these kids have turn the forum to. Fashola, Soyinka, Buhari etc are now ethnic groups to them, what a shame! Some people can be so insecure.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo by goodslayer: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

Spot on bros,
It's so disgusting what these kids have turn the forum to. Fashola, Soyinka, Buhari etc are now ethnic groups to them, what a shame! Some people can be so insecure.

who be this self aint you same person always jumping up and down whenever ojukwu, massob or your kinsmen arrested for crime are mentioned on this forum. Are this set of people same as your tribe. Look into the mirror and tell me what you see. Innocent idibia stage name i guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Names Of Ministers For Screening. / Kunle And Hon. Adamu Conversation: This Country Is In A Mess! / Jubilation In Ondo Lga As Chairman Comissions 4 Tyres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.