Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  (2155 Views)

Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt / 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by nairalandaddict: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Oprah Winfrey and best friend Gayle King ahead of Tina Turner and Erwin Bach's wedding celebrations in Zurich, Switzerland
A top store in Switzerland has apologised to Oprah Winfrey - one of the richest women in the world - for refusing to sell her a bag because the shop assistant thought she probably couldn't afford them.

Oprah Winfrey was in Zurich to attend Tina Turner's wedding when the incident happened.
And it occurred in the chic 'Trois Pommes' store whose owner, Trudie Götz, was also a guest at the Turner nuptials.

Winfrey was able to embarrass the store which refused her service on U.S. TV.
She told Entertainment Tonight:
'I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn't have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' is not shown in Zurich.
'I go into a store and I say to the woman, 'Excuse me, could I see the bag right above your head?' and she says to me, 'No. It's too expensive.''

[img]http://2.bp..com/-17lI5ENp3dM/UgTJSUxwGzI/AAAAAAAAZe0/_PrSBRsdoy8/s1600/article-2387630-1B36C118000005DC-793_634x684.jpg[/img]
The bag was on sale for £24,460 and was locked in a cabinet to prevent shoplifting.
The saleswoman went on to suggest Oprah looks at cheaper bags.

'I left the store but it proves that racism is still an issue,' Oprah added.

The incident comes as the Alpine state is engulfed in a wider row over racism.

The owner of the store apologized for her assistant’s behaviour, saying there had been 'a misunderstanding caused by the assistant’s failure to recognise Oprah, who is worth about two billion pounds.

Click HERE for more gists
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by LailaIkeji1: 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
ok. lol.
Nairalandaddict, I see you very well.
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by djeezy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lesson to be learnt, do not underestimate anyone, irrespective of their size, color etc. The sale's girl obviously didn't realize Oprah is the richest black woman in the world. She got her own style. I bet this can't happen to a rich Nigerian woman, she will go there with an entourage and expensive garb. I see little or no element of racism there, the bad was just expensive period.
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by dplomaticVal: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
wit the way she dressed l'd ve also advised her to go for a cheaper one if l were to b the seller
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by armyofone(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
doesn't matter whether the person is rich or poor, just give her/customer the bag to admire, maybe ask for financing as they do in the USA grin
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by Lanrefahm(m): 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
No one should ever be judged or under estimated people should b treated equaly, dis r 1 of d teaching of islam. If na some people dem go just buy the store
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by ednut1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Racism will always be an issue, jst as tribalism, oprah u for buy d shop nd employ d biatch to clean ur dog poop oops
Re: Salesgirl Refuses To Sell Oprah Winfrey A Bag 'cos Oprah Can't Afford It  by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Apparently Oprah! Isn't yet a globally recognized brand.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Clan! Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Spotted With Her Family At The “muyiwa Go / Check Out How Davido's Car Park Looks Now / Billionaire’s Daughter Meram Indimi Named Brand Ambassador 4 Almajiri Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.