Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike (14385 Views)

Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by ayooluwa2(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2013
RIVERS State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) is unfazed by the current nationwide strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) over differences with Federal Government.

Prof. Barineme Fakae, Vice Chancellor (VC) of the University who confirmed this yesterday however did not explain why the varsity has defied the nationwide strike by public owned universities.

Saturday Vanguard investigations revealed that the school is in full academic activities as the end of session examinations are just a week away.

A Marine Engineering student who spoke on the situation said, “RSUST under its current leadership has never taken ASUU seriously since August 2012 when the branch chapter stopped lecturing over perceived unfair reappointment of Fakae as VC by Governor Amaechi

“You are aware the Governor has since ordered a no-work-no-pay punishment for the striking lecturers as the school engaged replacement lecturers to keep lectures going. As it defied the local chapter so has the authorities defied the current general strike. Everything is running normal here.”

Another student, of Mass Communication Department, said, “My father didn’t believe it at first. My elder brother in UNIPORT has been home in Delta due to the strike for over six weeks and my father thought I was playing pranks not to have returned. He had to call a RSUST lecturer to confirm there is no strike in my school.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ASUU-strike-academic-activities-in-full-swing-at-rsust/

2 Likes

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by striker9(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
I wish other schools could emulate this,it will really save time wasting in the uni.

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Brymo: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
Boiz r ntt smiling
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
Amaechi isn't so bad after all

3 Likes

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by drealnamdy(m): 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
But they re still negotiating ...its rili a hard Goddamn work to be part of dis session..here is a pics of how hard they talk to resolve d issue..

2 Likes

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by agitator: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
crap, when others were in full swing RSUST was on a long strike. angry angry angry
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by 2fishes(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nice one there @ RSUST.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by martin92(m): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
Dis is wat i call betrayal of the highest order, i knw dat FG is bribing the vc's one by one and b4 u knw it ASUU wil lose its cause and FG will win as usual. If FG pays the moni i hope the betrayals will nt luk forward 2 benefit 4rm it

2 Likes

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by canalily(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
What? Why not take my transcript nd switch over to RUST ! !
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Ibangap(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
martin92: Dis is wat i call betrayal of the highest order, i knw dat FG is bribing the vc's one by one and b4 u knw it ASUU wil lose its cause and FG will win as usual. If FG pays the moni i hope the betrayals will nt luk forward 2 benefit 4rm it
This is not true, RSUST never embarked on the said strike from day one. So they wer neva bribed to pull out.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Another serious school
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
Soon, majority of Nigerian universities will disassociate from ASUU.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by drealnamdy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
More lik dis....

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
This is the right thing to do.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by DEGREE2466(m): 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
And UNIBEN could not continue theirs despite that the exam was few weeks away.

Kudos to RSUST
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by soundtruth(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
RSUST has been in crisis for a very long time ever since the "FAKAE" failed in his re election bid.

Most of the lecturers are on strike with some of them moving to other universities. RSUST has now began to hire lecturers on sabatical from other universities. These lecturers are mostly professors who were not doing much in their former universities.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
Iye na nice!!!
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Fazhy: 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
canalily: What? Why not take my transcript nd switch over to RUST ! !

Just like that?

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by glizengem(f): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wow d@s luvly... I wish ansu go emulate dem ... Btw u r all invited 2 my wedding don't get me any present jst bring hu go marry me
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by kilmix: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
What Business dos state Universities have with this strike? Lazy Lecturers

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by henryblaze25(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
They don't have to cos this school is like 2years behind, they've suffered enough internal strike actions earlier

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
FG dont want to honour the agreement..the chairman of ASUU is accusing fG of increasing the allowance and salaries of vice chancelors...
I see no reason why state uni should join ASUU.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
Una own better.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by jslimz(f): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
The school has suffered enough from striking lecturers, even when other universities were in session. Students stayed at home for a whole year cuz of bad administration, that was during 2008/2009 session it automatically became 2008/2010 session.

Now after the crises between their ASUU chapter, the present V.C and the Governor, literally their is no ASUU Chapter in RSUST. Therefore, the school doesn't send this strike.

Abeg praise them and remain.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by priscaoge(f): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
ASUU pls now, students are beginning to forget their Matric number.....Am gonna Port to RSUST now. Tired of staying @Home. Am gonna use ma Matric Number to port to dat sch now.

1 Like

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by oluwamikkie: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
Na wetin all dis assu dey find? If they have finish their own school they shoul allow us to graduate as well. sad
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by djeezy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
I'm proud of Rsust. My exam starts on monday. No dulling.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by donigspain(m): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
What most of you do not know is that RSUST has been on strike (internal crisis) for over 3 years now. My friend who got admission same as I is still in his 200 level in that fvcked school while I've graduated and presently serving with just two months to POP. The school should be left out of whatever external crisis that is bedeviling the Nigerian university board. Abeg, make una no pour sand sand for my guy garri make he try graduate. angry angry angry angry
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by donigspain(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
djeezy: I'm proud of Rsust. My exam starts on monday. No dulling.
You're proud of a school that has held you to ransom for over 3 years without a reasonable excuse? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by RedCard1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
It's such a good news to know that our very own RSUST wasn't on strike while others were. It's good because RSUST used to be the first to embark on strike. Well, you still need to get it right....RSUST no longer operates under ASUU. They had a little problem with ASUU which made them leave the association and that's why they weren't on strike. Maybe they will reconcile with ASUU when their current VC steps down and a now VC elected in. Hands are folded for now.
Re: Academic Activities At RSUST Despite ASUU Strike by djeezy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
donigspain: You're proud of a school that has held you to ransom for over 3 years without a reasonable excuse? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Not everyone was affected. Even if they've held me random, isn't it a good thing that they're making up for it? ASUU is just after their own selfish interest and how much they are been paid, they do not care about the students. They sit at home whilst their children school abroad, same with government officials too. I beseech other universities to follow suit and call off the strike. By the way I see no reason for Rsust to join the strike when the lecturers are the second highest paid in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / How Do I Get A Scholarship? / Federal College Of Education (sped) Ui Affiliated Putme Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.