Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Please I Need Your Advice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please I Need Your Advice (536 Views)

Is This A Crime Or Not?nairalanders, I Need Your Advice(photos) / Drop Your Advice For Nairaland Here / After Marriage Wife Discovered Husband To Be Impotent,your Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice by NotNairalandi(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
I am somehow confused,November is fast approaching,and I'm among those that will serve their fatherland(NYSC) on Nov.right now my boutique business pays me approximately 225,000 per month.both my mother,sisters and some of my friends will always remind me to go for my NYSC though I have not told them how much I earn from my business per month and also I can't entrust my business in the hand of anybody for now.but it is also pinching my heart each time I see my coursemates worming up for Nov.batch.pls my fellow NLs,should I go for letter of excemption or leave my business for NYSC.thanks
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by kpozite(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
Letter of exemption is equivalent to discharge certificate anywhere so long as you fufil the requirement to get it, but it is absolutely unnecessary to adjust your age just to go and serve considering what you are doing now it will be a waste of time. But if you are below 30 you can go for for the service, then redeploy to your business location after the camp.
Don't let your decision be influenced by the “I must wear this NYSC kit” syndrome. The unemployed number in the country can do without I more addition.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice by ITbomb(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
First of all pray for ASUU to continue on strike , and use that time to get a reliable hand on ur biz then go on NYSC .
With the business mind u already get , u stand at advantage to get the most out of your service year. When on camp , work urself to wherever the capital is and ask ur platoon officer u will like to serve in a school or government office, those places are where u can amass lot of free time and connections as you expand ur business to the new site .
In the end , u may never wish to go back again after service year .
If you are sure of a reliable source for ur goods then work ur way to Calabar , Lagos or Benin . Those girls change cloth 2 times a day. Don't go near Port Harcourt or Abuja it is just hype for nothing.
Last word.
Business can be rebuilt anytime and anywhere as long as u have done it before . NYSC is on another person's hand and when u miss the first opportunity it will be hard for u to get it again
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by ITbomb(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
kpozite: Letter of exemption is equivalent to discharge certificate anywhere so long as you fufil the requirement to get it
Theoretically correct but just like HND vs BSc, u know how this country runs.
BTW ; I don't think the OP need it to progress in life so the question of 'must wear it to get a job' is out here.
But if you can, wear it and open urself to possibilities
Remember almost doesn't count, if you have finish school , finish it well
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2013

right now my boutique business pays me approximately 225,000 per month

Ordinarily, 4 things are involved.

"Ignore boutique + Go for nysc = Failed biz, good job after nysc.

Ignore boutique + Go for nysc = Failed biz, no job after nysc, frustration, suicide.

Ignore boutique + Go for nysc = business boom! good job, biggest boi."

But I'll advice;
1. You go for your service,

2. Hand over your business to a good hand
(how to secure your goods from being stolen is a new topic for another day)

3. While serving your government, make sure you also serve yourself (unlike most otondos). Its very simple, go with your business, you make another N200,000k in 1month!
By doing this, you'd not only count N400,000k+/month, but you'll also become an employer of labour...a boss you're meant to be!

(1) (Reply)

Ojo Rotary Club Nids Application For Project Aimed@developin D Community. / How To Customize Folder’s Color With Right Click / My 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.