Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God (3709 Views)

General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods / Why Man Is Greater Than God (biblical God, Agnostic God Or Diest God Etc) / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
Is there any greater than Jehovah God in the Bible? I was discussing this with a friend who said to me that there is but one, and refused to disclose that to me, so what could that be because i believe in one God.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by AKO1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2008
There is no one. Your friend is absoultely wrong and has taken scripture out of context.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2008
@May Kelly: If you believe in One God (Who you call father/Jehovah/Yahweh), then the son can not be God then. If the Father never called the son God, then your believing in Trinity, flies in the face of One God! Then i your Bible, did we not see a character named Melchezdek, having the same quality of God, yet Melchezdek was here on earth long time before Jesus?

Please know that I am a Mus.li.m. I put these out to you so that you can make a better decision, in the long run.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by TayoD1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2008
@May Kelly: If you believe in One God (Who you call father/Jehovah/Yahweh), then the son can not be God then. If the Father never called the son God, then your believing in Trinity, flies in the face of One God! Then i your Bible, did we not see a character named Melchezdek, having the same quality of God, yet Melchezdek was here on earth long time before Jesus?
There you go again, arrogating importance to yourself as if you are a Bible scholar - you are absolutely not one. Have you not read in the Psalms, David's account of the conversation between the Godhead, and therefore penned the following: Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Doesn't that fly in the face of what you just wrote.

As much as I think that Mu'hammed is a fraud, there is one statement he made that I agree with him 100%. He said when you as a mu'slim don't know a thing, you should ask the Christians to explain to you: Surah 10:94 - If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.

Please know that I am a Mus.li.m. I put these out to you so that you can make a better decision, in the long run.
If you are indeed a mooslim, then follow the advice of your prophet in Surah 10:94 above.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by kolaoloye(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2008
No one is greater than Jehovah God. You better not allow any son of perdition to get you confused.
His name alone is a Strong Tower,you know Him now:the unchangeable changer,the Author and the Finisher.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by samba123(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2008
Will you take the names of “EL…ELI…ELOHIM…for a replacement of “JEHOVAH” all those are attribute names of God…as you read in the Bible. If you are Mus’lim the proper/or highest name is “Alla'h”…and the attribute names of AlRahman…AlRahim…Al Ahad…Al Qudus I names just few of them here.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2008
olabowale:

Wait wait wait! are you referring Melchezdek to Jesus, No my brother, Stop confusing things. We are talking about the SON OF THE MOST HIGH, now you see the DIFFERENCE. JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD made flesh on earth, and the WORD of GOD is GOD. may GOD gives you WISDOM to Understand, so that you will stop comparing his words with the earthly limited understanding .

olabowale, I am talking about heavenly things, wisdom and understanding ok. You can't find it in your title book.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2008
@May Kelly; Answer my question, directly with either yes or no: Did God ever called Jesus God, at anytime in the Bible?
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by TayoD1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2008
@Olabs,

@May Kelly; Answer my question, directly with either yes or no: Did God ever called Jesus God, at anytime in the Bible?
The answer is absolutely YES. Are you blind or just basically ignoring Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And further more, the Psalmist declares God calling Jesus his Son: Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2008
olabowale:

My dear Bible said it with alot of proves. In the begining was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the Word was GOD.

JESUS is the WORD of GOD and God the Son.

Use Common sence, would GOD have to tell you not to put your hand in fire the answer is no.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by jesusfreak(f): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2008
no one!

there is none like HIM  grin

He is alpha and Omega

there is no king like him

if i were u, id stop arguing and start worshiping!  grin
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2008
@May Kelly

Use Common sence, would GOD have to tell you not to put your hand in fire the answer is no.

I did use common sense, as you have suggested. Yet, I can't see where God the father called Jesus son of Mary, God. Please direct me to it, without the usual song and dance. If you don't, I hope some reasonable Christian(s) can come to your aid. If I wait long enough, without a clear cut answer of either yes or what is likely, no, then I will conclude that you and others like you are just playing footsie with all your suppositions and claims.

If you are bold enough to say yes, then verses to buttress your answer should be provided.

And God did tell me not to put my hand (part of my body) in the fire, by His warning me to save myself (my whole body) and my love ones from the fire (Hellfire). The way to save myself from this fire is not to worship three distinct personalities all role in to a god! The way to do that is not to reject the last prophet and the Book that was given to him, by God. I can give you a thousand and more ways and yet i would just have began to scratch the surface of the essence of our conversation.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2008
olabowale:

@May Kelly
If you are bold enough to say yes, then verses to buttress your answer should be provided.

My dear this God you call, is Greatly than you can imagine. You are living today because of JESUS CHRIST but not because of the last prophet  who died and did not resurrect.

Christ is the only God the Son that you can only pray in his name and  but not in the name of any mortal man.

USE common sence because God did not create you to be a ROBOT hence you were given a free will right from the Garden of Eden.

Our GOD is not man. Apply Heavenly Wisdom then you will see that God has 3 attributes. olabowale did not limit God to man, God is greatly that you can imagine.

YES.

BIBLE RECORDED JESUS AS GOD THE SON.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by TayoD1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2008
@Olabs, olabs,

Yet, I can't see where God the father called Jesus son of Mary, God. Please direct me to it, without the usual song and dance. If you don't, I hope some reasonable Christian(s) can come to your aid. If I wait long enough, without a clear cut answer of either yes or what is likely, no, then I will conclude that you and others like you are just playing footsie with all your suppositions and claims.

You've been directed times without number to the Psalms, and as usual, you keep doing your usual mental gymnasts by ignoring what stares you straight in the face. I wonder who is playing footsie here grin

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2008
@May Kelly:

My dear this God you call, is Greatly than you can imagine. You are living today because of JESUS CHRIST but not because of the last prophet who died and did not resurrect.

Jesus has nothing (Zero, zilch, nada, etc), to do with my being alive, here and now. The Only One is God Almighty All'ah, my Creator has everything to do with my being alive. Jesus could not even keep himself alive, at the crucial hour. As a result of this weaknesses, your Bible told us that he begged, and his prayer was rejected. He asked his followers to prepare for war, which they eventually lost, because Jesus was captured. He put up a weak defense before the Judge and was sentenced to die on the stake/cross. He was punished, tortured all the while to the place of execution. He showed bitterness, since he could not even forgive the thief who did not give him the recognition he thought that he deserved. He showed the littliest of faith, really unbelief or no faith at all asking God why he was forsaken. All of these are from your Bible. Defend each of them. You see that he said God (Elie/Eloim, etc and not Aba, father or partner, etc)?

But please you have avoided my question, again: Did God in heaven ever called Jesus God (another God; am making it very easy for you to understand), at anytime? Please try to answer yes or no, this time around.

Christ is the only God the Son that you can only pray in his name and but not in the name of any mortal man.

I guess the so called unbelievers, eg, Hindus (the nation of India), Buddhists, Taoists, Shintos (nations ofJapan, Taiwan, South Korea, even China), who do not recognize Jesus are just not successful? I guess Israel as a nation is not a successful society, since they do not even care for Jesus son of Mary from the house of David? While at the same time they use the star of the same David on their national Flag? Can you sincerely say that Jesus has anything to do with the successes of these people? Success on this earth has nothing to do with belief or disbelief. Finally, Jesus has nothing to do with the success of the hereafter of anyone alive today. Calling Jesus what he was not will lead to hellfire!

USE common sence because God did not create you to be a ROBOT hence you were given a free will right from the Garden of Eden.

Am using common sense. I guess this is why am asking you questions, yet you have not been able to answer any. Who is robotic, now? And by the way where is the location of thegarden of Eden? Do you know what becomes of the "Forbidden" tree? I mean the Christians/Jews/Biblical Apple tree? And what tree leaves did they cover themselves up with, when they discovered that they were "Naked?" Apple tree or what?

Our GOD is not man. Apply Heavenly Wisdom then you will see that God has 3 attributes. olabowale did not limit God to man, God is greatly that you can imagine.

I am a earthly man. I am given earthly wisdon; the senses! Since I am not limiting God to man, I am certain that I am correct to say that God was never a "man" at anytime. But it is you who said there was a man who used bathroom, eat, drank, slept, tired, etc and was a weakling as a child, who you called god. Therefore, it is you who need a good spiritual intervention to understand God. Just because somebody did not have a father does not mean that he created himself and therefore god! I guess when cloning truly begins to be a norm, then you will have too many gods of christianity running around in many forms. Come to think of it, they are now cloning many things now, including animals and plants.

YES.

BIBLE RECORDED JESUS AS GOD THE SON.

You continue to be very evasive. I did not ask you about son of god. I ask you directly if God ever called Jesus God or even small god? Don't give me a song and dance. Woman, I need a direct answer.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by TayoD1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2008
@May Kelly,

Welcome to the world of abracadabra of the Arabian kind. They will continually dance around the truth while embracing the falsity of hope they find in their delusion.

If they continue to ignore the truth of the Psalms as revealed in chapters 45 and 2 which addresses their concerns, you will do well to use the queeran to knock em back to their senses. As their spiritual mentor was told, when they are in doubt and have no clue or understanding of the truth, they should come to us christians to show them the truth and correct them from the errors of their ways Surah 10:94 - If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by MrBlacKiD(m): 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2008
Who is greater than God?

Answer: no one !  how can one be greater than something that does NOT exist ? 

Atheist 4 life --> "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful" I choose to be wise.  tongue
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2008
@olabowale , How does your God wash away/clean your sins, or are you sinless?
Do you believe that you yourself is god?

Please answer this and I will tell you where OUR LIVING GOD called my SWEEET JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND GOD.

Christ the Solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by samba123(m): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2008
@Clearity posted
"Do you remember your Gospel narrative, that when Christ was supposed to have been on the cross, he cried out with a loud voice:

"ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? which is, being interpreted, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34).

The above is a translation from the Greek manuscripts "ACCORDING TO ST. MARK." Obviously his Hebrew has a Greek accent. Because, his so-called originals were written in Greek. But listen to Matthew, who is supposed to have written his Gospel originally in Hebrew, which was aimed at the Jews. St. Jerome, an early Christian father of the 4th and 5th centuries after Christ, testifies as follows:
"MATTHEW, WHO IS ALSO LEVI, AND WHO FROM A PUBLICAN CAME TO BE AN APOSTLE, FIRST OF ALL THE EVANGELISTS, COMPOSED A GOSPEL OF CHRIST IN JUDEA IN THE HEBREW LANGUAGE AND CHARACTERS, FOR THE

BENEFIT OF THOSE OF THE CIRCUMCISION1 WHO HAD BELIEVED."
Naturally, Matthew's accent would be more Semitic (Hebrew and Arabic) than that of Mark. Matthew records the same scene as Mark 15:34, but note the variation of the dialect:
Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me'? (Matthew 27:46).

Please memorise the words - "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani." (Eli - pronounced like L and I in English) Utter the words - ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI; ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI, to your Christian friends and neighbours and ask them whether these words - "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Jehovah, Jehovah!" to them? No! is the answer if they are not deaf. Ask further, whether "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Abba, Abba!" (meaning father, father! in Hebrew) to them! Again the reply will be "No!" if they are not deaf. Can't they see that the cry is to God? "Eli, Eli - Elah, Elah, God, God!" Let them hear these words from your lips and watch their reactions. No honest per- son can help agreeing with you.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2008
@May kelly:

@olabowale , How does your God wash away/clean your sins, or are you sinless?
Do you believe that you yourself is god?

I am not sinless and I can never be God. However, my Merciful God, the One Who forgives all sins, simply forgives me any of my sins that I sincerely repent to Him on. How do I know that my sins are forgiven? When I have opportunity to commit the same sin and I fear God the Irresistable (Al Qahar) and walk away, not committing it, whether in secret or open to anyone. God also bring people, brothers in the faith to guide/guard me away from such a possibility of committing sins. God in His Mercy says He will even forgive the sins of the future. Yet you have not committed it. How? He provides you away out of it, before you commit the sin.

There is a prayer that we mus.lims make which goes something like this; Oh God separate me from my sins as East is separated from West, Wash me clean of my sins as white garment is washed clean of stain and purify me with ice, snow and frost. Another prayer is this: Al thanks belong to you Oh God. All praises belong to you Oh God, All Dominions belong to you Oh God, All soverignity belong to you Oh God. Cancell all my sins and protect me from further sins. Let me do the deeds whereby you will be pleased with me an count me among those who you favor. Another prayer: Oh God, all the goods that your Prophet (AS), ask you to give him, please give me also. Oh God, all the evils that your Prophet (as) ask you to protect him from, please protect me also from them. Now these are just few of the ammunitions from evil and sure ways of seeking mercy from the Only One who has the sure Ability of it.

Please answer this and I will tell you where OUR LIVING GOD called my SWEEET JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND GOD.

Christ the Solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand

I want you now to quote directly, with references where God Almight Creator called Jesus God. There is Only One God. Now you will prove to me that there is more than One God! It will become gods/Gods, if its more than One. You know that.

Just this afternoon, when i got out of Jumu'a, I was telling a friend about this dialogue with you. He said you will never comeback with a yes and a veriable support.

This is the same case with how christian will talk about Original sin that they inherited from Adam. And you know you can not wash it away, since you will die anyhow. And at the same time always claiming to be blessed and highly favored! I ask who blessed you and highly favored you, all the while being a being with original sin around your neck and you never stop committing sins, both big and small, consciously and unconsciously. How do you carry these negative and positive in your body at the same time?

Its like have God and Devil in the system at the same time. Very starnge.

My darling May Kelly; How you dey. How body, woman. Enjoy your week end.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by KAG: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2008
Superman?
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
@olabowale hear this and include it in your book.

MY FATHER IN HEAVEN of a truth YOU'RE A WORTHY  GOD.  YOU ARE A HOLY GOD. YOU ARE THE MOST HIGH GOD AND THE GOD OF HOST. MY FATHER IN HEAVEN; I CONFESS THAT THERE IS NO ONE EVEN IN HEAVEN THAT IS GREATER THAN YOU.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by omobamital(f): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
THERE'S NO ONE LIKE OUR LORD JEHOVAH.
HE IS THE ALMIGHTY.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by olabowale(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
@May Kelly: My Father, died long time ago. God still lives. I don't see how they are the same. How can you be a true child of some entity, unless there is a conjugation between your mum and He? If this is not happen, in your case, and for sure it did not. Then you are either just saying what is not correct or he who claims to be your father is fooling you.

Or both of you are fooling each other. For sure you can not be right, for father and child always have blood relationship and ascentral lineage. In the case that you are claiming that you have this father, who is your grandfather, then? Who is the wife of this father, and who is his mother? Is this father the only child or do you have Uncles and Aunts through the bloodline?
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2008
olabowale:

@May Kelly: My Father, died long time ago. God still lives. I don't see how they are the same. How can you be a true child of some entity, unless there is a conjugation between your mum and He? If this is not happen, in your case, and for sure it did not. Then you are either just saying what is not correct or

he who claims to be your father is fooling you.
Or both of you are fooling each other. For sure you can not be right, for father and child always have blood relationship and ascentral lineage. In the case that you are claiming that you have this father, who is your grandfather, then? Who is the wife of this father, and who is his mother? Is this father the only child or do you have Uncles and Aunts through the bloodline?

olabowale. GOD is my FATHER. HE is not dead and can never be dead. My Heavenly FATHER is quiet different from my earthly father and as well different from your own father. You cannot compare My Heavenly FATHER with earthly parents here on earth.

My Lord JESUS is the reason of my living today even you olabowale believe it or not. My LORD JESUS is a merciful FATHER. He is also my Father and my Personal saviour.

there is no fooling thing in understanding the FATHER and the SON. Christ redeemed you olabowale that's why your alive praying to ALLAH if not you would have been wiped away very long time ago even existing on earth .

olabowale, let it be known to you today that "CHRIST REIGN AND HE IS REIGINING FOREVER" CHRIST IS REAL!
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2008
JEHOVAH GOD REMAINS THE ONLY I AM THAT IAM AND THE ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD. seek him and FEAR HIM
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
JEHOVAH GOD IS THE MOST HIGH GOD. THERE IS NO ONE LIKE HIM ABOVE OR BENEATH. no comparison.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 9:54am On Jun 24, 2008
Mr BlacKiD:

Who is greater than God?

Answer: no one !  how can one be greater than something that does NOT exist ? 

Atheist 4 life --> "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful" I choose to be wise.  tongue

@Mr BlacKiD, the fool has said in his heart that there is no God. 

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2008
omobamital:

THERE'S NO ONE LIKE OUR LORD JEHOVAH.
HE IS THE ALMIGHTY.

Yes and there can never be any like him.

JEHOVAH you're the MOST HIGH GOD. ALL other gods are little agbesi, aruru, and ant.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
You that said there is no GOD. Or that there is no Son of GOD beware! You are existing/living on earth today because the Son of GOD whom you rejected saved YOU! Yes you Musl.lim and Christian. IT IS A FACT.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2008
God is I am that I am.
Re: Who Is Greater Than Jehovah God by Maykelly(f): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2008
FATHER it is only those who worship true GOD that can testify that YOU ARE THE MOST HIGH GOD.The GOD of ELIJAH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

419 Oyedepo / Help Me In Prayers As I Sit For Yet Anoder Jamb Tomarrow! / The Raw Power Of God At CCT Deliverance Ministries...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.