Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why Single Parent - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Single Parent (5144 Views)

Lies Single Parent Wouldn't Let You To Know / Why Single Ladies Wish To See Their Mother-in-law Dead Before Marriage / Reasons Why Single Parent Must Cooperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Single Parent by waleab: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
dont you guys love spies who cant spell?
Re: Why Single Parent by lindabong(f): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2008
Most people don't really choose to be single parents.
I know damn well that my mother did not choose to be a single parent.
Its just that shit happens under certain circumstances.
Money or skill really has nothin to do with it so why would you even make a statement like that anyways.
It just something that happens whether you wanted it to or not and you learn how to deal with and try to raise your child the best way that you can with the will of God.
Re: Why Single Parent by olanajim(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
So you guys are still debating the undebatable?
Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
olanajim:

So you guys are still debating the undebatable?

Yes, why not, is it not an issue
Re: Why Single Parent by olanajim(m): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
I don't see much breakthrough in it!

It is an attempt to criminize women folks.
Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
Would you rather choose to be a single parent (woman) than becoming one of the 86 wives?
Re: Why Single Parent by olanajim(m): 1:47am On Sep 05, 2008
Definitely! Believe me, it is better to be a responsible single parent than a wayward man. I am sure many great men had been raised by single parents. Barak Obama is an example.
Re: Why Single Parent by JustGood(m): 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2008
Maybe if a woman is too ugly, she'll be a single parent because she'll just get pregnant for any guy who happens to be too drunk to see her ugliness. or if she is (like some here) badly behaved and knows that no man will agree to stick with her with such behaviour
Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2008
JustGood:

Maybe if a woman is too ugly, she'll be a single parent because she'll just get pregnant for any guy who happens to be too drunk to see her ugliness. or if she is (like some here) badly behaved and knows that no man will agree to stick with her with such behaviour

No doubt, you have been heart broken by a woman, but sorry, you hear
Re: Why Single Parent by sojapikin(f): 4:32am On Sep 26, 2008
Being a single parent, whao, i never thought one day will come when adults/ people will come around to talk about this topic and even go to the extent of discussing how hurt some of them are. ooh yes, we are still on this topic alright. can it ever be exhausted? Some have healed, some are in the process of healing and many more are about to get into being one single parent as we write.

Need to say that there so many out there still hurting, some out there would very much wantt o have access to this kind of forum where people talk about the issue of being and single parent ( man or woman).

its deep.
Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2008
Single Parent, how do we intend to stop this.
Re: Why Single Parent by JustGood(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2008
May kelly:

No doubt, you have been heart broken by a woman, but sorry, you hear

Oh yes. I thought I was heart broken after secondary school when my girlfriend left Nigeria.
Just for your information, I am married with children.

If a woman is not filled with serious issues, she wont consider becoming a single parent.
Re: Why Single Parent by sistawoman: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2008
May kelly:

Single Parent, how do we intend to stop this.

It cant. there will always be those who will not listen to reason and wrap it or wait for marriage. There will always be those that even after marriage they divorce and a single parent is born.

Here in the states there are far more single mothers than single fathers but the single fathers do exist cuz they women go with another man and leave their children behind or they get hooked on drugs and leave their children behind.

It really is sad but it is true. Not that many would ever choose this burden for their own but instead make the wrong choice and have this choice forced on them, but is it really forced on them when they did not wrap it up? What about the ones were the spouse walks away. Those for sure are not done by choice, but by force.

As long as man is imperfect man will make imperfect mistakes.
Re: Why Single Parent by amievivian(f): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2008
please make me understand
are now blaming all female single parents

i have a child n am single
didnt plan it this way but it happene n tried as hard as i cld it didnt work out wit my babys dad
i didnt wake up one morning n said hey i want to b a single mum
it just hapend n i wld definately remain one rather b unhappily mairried
Re: Why Single Parent by Opotuniti(m): 4:21am On Sep 17, 2010
amievivian:

please make me understand
are now blaming all female single parents

i have a child n am single
didnt plan it this way but it happene n tried as hard as i cld it didnt work out wit my babys dad
i didnt wake up one morning n said hey i want to b a single mum
it just hapend n i wld definately remain one rather b unhappily mairried

dats really touching & inspiring!! luv to meet you
Re: Why Single Parent by Youngpo413: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
LAKANYE:

What do you think sweetie?
I am a woman today and standing on my toes "happy as hell" SINGLE parent with 9 children from different men, HAPPY AS HELL, because I HAVE NO MAN IN MY LIFE TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO AS A GROWN WOMAN. I pick and choose men as I wish, and dump them when I'm done.I am happy and satisfied, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME AND MY CHILDREN AS A SINGLE PARENT.

MAYBE YOU HAVE A MAN IN CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE,
I AM IN CHARGE OF THE LIFE OF MEN IN MY LIFE

this is serious!
Re: Why Single Parent by SteveOfu: 7:46am On Oct 28, 2019
THE ISSUE ABOUT SINGLE MOMS
Please approve*

I personally don't think young people today are that conservative that they can't settle with a single mom for social/cultural reasons.

I think for most, it's all economic.

Marrying a lady with a baby or two will mean you'll have to limit the number of the children you'll want to have in that marriage.
And how you take care of this family could turn out to be a problem later especially when you are not very wealthy or encounter financial problems in the future.

You'll be torn between making more commitments to your own biological children and your adopted children or child.

Admit it or not, the bond you share with your biological children will always be stronger than that of the adopted.
You'll find yourself being very partial where you're incapable of meeting the needs or demands of all the children.

So many men don't want to be in that position.
Especially living with the fear that the child will probably grow up and not accept you as his/her father no matter how much you try.
They will probably be out looking for their biological dad when they are adults, most likely if the man is richer than you are or doing better in life.

So it's really difficult.

I had to make this post for the single moms in the group, the blackmail is not really necessary.
You don't need to blackmail anybody, it's no one's fault that the father of the child is no longer around.

If you've decided to take care of your baby alone, plan for him, save up today and make sure that when the time comes, they will have everything they need in life to succeed.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Why Single Parent by Bigblessed: 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
Marital wahala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House / Raising Kids Is Not Easy (pic) / If You Think Your Kids Are Unbearable, Have A Look At These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.