Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials (703 Views)

APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by Emekanews(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
[size=18pt]The Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has invoked the wrath of God on Abia State Government officials who lie and deceive the public about the state of roads in Aba, the commercial town.[/size]

Reacting to a live TV programme, where former Abia State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Eze Chikamnanyo, stated that most roads in Aba, including Ngwa, had been rehabilitated by the state government, MASSOB said the statement was ridiculous and untrue.

Speaking through its Director of Information, Aba region, Mr. Sunny Okereafor, MASSOB said that based on the former commissioner’s claim, his organization had assessed the roads and found out that it was false and deceitful, adding that the residents are living in squalor.

MASSOB described as baffling, the rate at which government officials allegedly dish out lies, especially on the state of roads in the city, which it said were in terrible condition.

He stated, “which of the roads in Aba do we take for good in the real sense? Are they Ohanku, Ngwa, Ikot Ekpene, Port Harcourt or Faulks, which leads to Ariaria International Market, all of which were claimed to have been rehabilitated? Who is fooling who?

“We know that some of these officials and agents either want to remain in their posts or be re-appointed. Inasmuch as there was nothing wrong in that, it should not be achieved through barefaced lies and at the expense of the suffering masses.

“People should come to Aba and see the roads somebody went on television to tell the world they had been rehabilitated. This is mere deceit. Take Ngwa Road, for instance. That road is not only impassable, but people there are living in squalor.

“If these government officials and agents think they can go ahead telling lies and deceiving people, the wrath of God, which we have invoked, is awaiting them and there is no escape route,” MASSOB said.
shocked shocked shocked

http://www.codewit.com/nigeria-news/10607-bad-roads-massob-curses-abia-government-officials
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by infobiz9ja(m): 1:13am On Aug 11, 2013
Massob again? Its their news that's filling my ears.
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by ofala(m): 5:53am On Aug 11, 2013
Truth be told, i am not from Abia but the last time i was in Aba, i kept wondering aloud to the hearing of my friends how people live and do businesses in Abia State? Is there any Government atall in Abia State today? Aba particularly is so dirty with very bad roads and one wonders what the government is doing if such a commercial nerve section of the State is neglected to that extent. If you are in Aba and doesnt like the way its looking, kindly upload some pictures here lets all join our voices to save Abia
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2013
infobiz9ja: Massob again? Its their news that's filling my ears.
Deluded bunch sad
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by kufre2010: 6:16am On Aug 11, 2013
That Abia government spoke person lies with impunity. I was watching a Press tv commentary on Aba shoe makers when the residence were complaining about bad road network, the government spoke person denied it. But in reality when i pass through Abia state the road is so bad that i always pray that God should send them a good governor. I pray that one day Nigerians will wake up and stop collecting 1000 naira and a few cups of rice to elect bad leaders.
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by samuelkaykay(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2013
Curse is too small,what TA did in Aba especially the drainage system he opened and refused to close,many keke,several old people have been victims of that road.Infact NAIRALANDERS should join me and shout FIRRRREEEEE on THIEF ARURUALA ORJI.
Re: Bad Roads: MASSOB Curses Abia Government Officials by basilo101: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2013
T'Odour

(1) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE: Students Plan To Block All Roads In Mass Protests / NANS Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Jonathan / Apc Will Produce The Best Presidential Candidate For 2015 Elctions.....Gov Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.