Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode (959 Views)

SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Femi Adebayo Son Of Adebayo Salami Aka Oga Bello Quits Acting For Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by billante(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2013
Kayode Ajulo,  has frowned at the deportation of some easterners by the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, under the guise of rehabilitation or reunion.

A statement issued saturday  by the politician and human rights activist said the action of the Lagos State government has no basis in the nation’s law.

“As a matter of fact,  it was an action begat in illegality and birthed in unconstitutionality. Every Nigerian has a right to reside in any part of Nigeria without any molestation or harassment whatsoever and regardless of the name of the such infringement is described, “ he said.

Ajulo described the defence of rehabilitation cum reunion offered by officials of Lagos State as “hollow, jejune, and a gratuitous insult on our collective psyche.”

He said “It is a rape and or a violation of the right of the victims who never complained of missing home, or sought any reunion with their kinsmen back home. It is an incontrovertible fact that most of these men and women visit home at Christmas and new year.

“Pray tell me, which of Fashola’s sycophantic minions led him into this ignoble and inexcusable infamy or in the word of Patrick Obayagbon odourferious saga of gagatuangaga; “I am certain he would by now have spent much more to clear the messy fallout of his precipitous action than he would have spent to “rehabilitate” these poor victims of executive intemperance and high handedness.”

The former senatorial candidate of Labour Party in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)  however appealed  to people across the country not to see it from the ethnic angle, saying Fashola was not acting for the Yoruba.

“Let it be known that Fashola’s influence in Yorubaland does not extend beyond his Lagos State. It is also in the same vein I urge all commentators in this and other media to exercise restrain in their comment and not unduly heat up the polity, “ he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-goofed-on-deportation-of-easterners/156034/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by billante(m): 9:41am On Aug 11, 2013
God bless this yoruba man!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2013
So every failed PDP Yoruba politicians that are almost going into extinction are now finding their voices...seeking cheap relevance.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by asha80(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2013
can we allow this issue to rest?it is getting tiring.
Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
At least somebody has a conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by kunle4toyeyaho: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kayode ajulo is not to be taken seriously.He is a man who doesn't see anything good in ACN/APc govt.The bitter truth is dat his god Mimiko is the least performing governor in the southwest as today .All what they are good at is to castigate those who helped them into office,his efforts shud rather be channelled towards how his lord mimiko's purpoted victory wud be defended at the supreme court instead of demonstrating his ' charge and bail lawyer syndrome' on a matter he knows little about .As for fashola, he shud be seen as more of constitutional violation than tribal.This what I want our igbo brothers to understand.if he has done it to yorubas,then it is not a tribal thing.I know fashola has good intention,his approach is however condemnable.The fact that the destitutes were not properly handed over to anambra govt.,has defeated the good motive.I expect fashola to sanction officials of lagos state govt.who did that to the destitutes,he should also apologise to the 14 destitutes for being treated in inhumane manner.He is not too big to apologize. Anambra gov.has made fashola's action a big campaign strategy against ngige.He has always been an ethnic bigot,I am not surprised . He launched this attack on fashola and most igbo guy really believe him without being objective.The recent events lend credence to the fact that obi is not on top of his job as a governor.what wud u say of a man who calls himself a governor and is unaware that about 3 letters/correspondences were sent to him on same matter?He did not respond to the letter or seek clarification but rushed to the media and GEJ,this really uncivilized of him. He shortchanges igbo nation particularly on igbo presidency more than any other man, time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by cjrane: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
Some Yoruba men of integrity still exist.
That is why people should not term Fashola's illegal deportation of Nigerians inside Nigeria a yoruba thing.
Fashola is simply dumb and a tribalist to the core.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by kunlekunle: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
cjrane: Some Yoruba men of integrity still exist.
That is why people should not term Fashola's illegal deportation of Nigerians inside Nigeria a yoruba thing.
Fashola is simply dumb and a tribalist to the core.

you are absolutely right, he just compensated those deported ibos.
You know what he gave them 20 naira each.
Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by Yorubest: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
[b] Lagos isn't the first state to relocate beggars and destitutes from other states in a bid to reduce the stretch on its infrastructure by unnecessary influx of people from other states except there is a separate special Federal allocation to cater for this.

Must you come to Lagos to beg? Begging, as a venture, does not require any start up capital or ingenuity.

Just imagine all the beggars and jobless Nigerians thronging Lagos, I'm sure every person that has raised an eyebrow about this action will call for their removal because they will be ready tools for crime and will sit and beg at your front porch, your office gates, line the streets, the markets, your children's schools, your churches, your mosques, your restaurants etc. Should they require medical attention, they will be admitted into the same hospitals government is building ... And I ask, at whose cost? Lagos gets a federal allocation just like every other state these people come from. The other day, one woman from Delta State was wailing and begging at Alausa, asking BRF to help. If BRF had helped this woman, who comes from a state that receives about the most from the FG, what will be the consequence? The next day, a thousand women from the state and others will line the streets of Alausa. BRF's action is aimed at making other governors responsible for their citizens.

Anambra, Akwa Ibom and Abuja have at different times removed indigent non indigenes

Abia's termination of the appointment of non indigenes in its civil service is even a worse form of injustice

From the submission, it is clear that apart from the fact that the relocated Igbos were dumped at 3am (although the explanation was that there was a traffic hitch), there is nothing new, strange and unusual in the move as even Anambra has done same before. Till date, we don't know what has become of those destitutes Anambra picked. Maybe they were dumped at 3am in Kano or even killed or thrown into the river. Who knows?

I also believe that Obi should have contacted BRF directly and its a shame that he still hasn't till date despite being contacted by BRF before the action was taken

Obi has also not in any way offered financial or social first aid to the victims but has chosen to politicize the event

I know some people will not agree with me and I'm not posting this to court anyone's favor or support but if BRF had some blame in this, Obi has an even worse blame[/b]
Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by gregg2: 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
Very reassuring statement from a true son of Oduduwa.
Ondo state looks like the only sane state in South West at the moment. God bless you Kayode. For you to have vied a senatorial seat in the FCT means you are a true Nigerian not the likes of some village champions who hardly travel outside Lagos/South West Fashola inclusive. I particularly like this your comment.

“I am certain he would by now have spent much more to clear the messy fallout of his precipitous action than he would have spent to “rehabilitate” these poor victims of executive intemperance and high handedness.”

“Let it be known that Fashola’s influence in Yorubaland does not extend beyond his Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by samilo88(m): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
Kayode ajulo is not to be taken seriously.He is a man who doesn't see anything good in ACN/APc govt.The bitter truth is dat his god Mimiko is the least performing governor in the southwest as today .All what they are good at is to castigate those who helped them into office,his efforts shud rather be channelled towards how his lord mimiko's purpoted victory wud be defended at the supreme court instead of demonstrating his ' charge and bail lawyer syndrome' on a matter he knows little about .As for fashola, he shud be seen as more of constitutional violation than tribal.This what I want our igbo brothers to understand.if he has done it to yorubas,then it is not a tribal thing.I know fashola has good intention,his approach is however condemnable.The fact that the destitutes were not properly handed over to anambra govt.,has defeated the good motive.I expect fashola to sanction officials of lagos state govt.who did that to the destitutes,he should also apologise to the 14 destitutes for being treated in inhumane manner.He is not too big to apologize. Anambra gov.has made fashola's action a big campaign strategy against ngige.He has always been an ethnic bigot,I am not surprised . He launched this attack on fashola and most igbo guy really believe him without being objective.The recent events lend credence to the fact that obi is not on top of his job as a governor.what wud u say of a man who calls himself a governor and is unaware that about 3 letters/correspondences were sent to him on same matter?He did not respond to the letter or seek clarification but rushed to the media and GEJ,this really uncivilized of him. He shortchanges igbo nation particularly on igbo presidency more than any other man, time will tell.
Gosh, why do all these APC trolls think they are the only one with the monopoly to provide good governance. Mimiko is d least performing governor because he isn't under ur stupid progressive platform,yet he took ur party to the cleaners at the polls. How do you explain that. Forget about the court case its all charade you guys don't like accepting defeat. 2015 una go go court tire..
Re: Fashola Was Not Acting For The Yoruba In The Deportation Saga- Kayode by kunle4toyeyaho: 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
samilo88:
Gosh, why do all these APC trolls think they are the only one with the monopoly to provide good governance. Mimiko is d least performing governor because he isn't under ur stupid progressive platform,yet he took ur party to the cleaners at the polls. How do you explain that. Forget about the court case its all charade you guys don't like accepting defeat. 2015 una go go court tire..
I am not being sentimental,this is reality.Tell me an APC governor in the southwest that is not performing better than mimiko as at now particularly with the available resources available to ondo state ?

(1) (Reply)

, / My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Army / Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.