Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (11948 Views)

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 6:34am On Jul 31, 2013
The movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has condemned what it describe as the insensitivity and cowardly altitude of Igbo governors , traditional and Religious leaders towards the recent deportation of over 100 Igbos residents from Lagos State.

This was contained in a statement issued by the National Information Officer of MASSOB , Mr Uchenna Madu. He reasoned that the Igbo leaders failure to condemn the act against Ndigbo was open evidence that most Igbo leaders are cowards.

"How can Governor Fashola hurriedly package some Igbos like carton of frozen fish , loaded in a truck and dumped under the upper Iweka fly over in Onitcha. Is this not mans' inhumanity to man? This is a direct proof that the Igbos are not part of Nigeria.

" This is second time this Year Governor Fashola of Lagos state has deported Ndigbo from Lagos without due process. We can no longer fold our hands watching with no reaction from Igbo governors, politicians , religious and Traditional leaders. This inhuman and callous act of Governor Fashola proves the pathological hatred the Yorubas have against Ndigbo irrespective of our 55% contribution to Lagos state development " Mr Madu stated.

He said Ndigbo are not happy with the degrading deportation of People of Igbo origin in Nigeria , suspecting that in no
distance time the northern governors could follow suit " this is a very big question that needed an urgent answer and Igbos shall soon reply our enemies.

" Governor Fashola's altitude justifies MASSOB's agitation for Biafra Sovereignty .MASSOB shall continue to fight for Igbo emancipation and stand for genuine interest of Ndigbo and Easterners in general" he
stated.

In the same vein, Aka Ikenga, an Igbo group, frowns at the development. In a statement issued by the president of the organisation, Chief Goddy Uwazurike, he stated: "We question the pedestal on which they were deported. Was the deportation by a court order? Was it at the whims and caprices of anybody in authority in Lagos? Some of those deported claimed they were abducted on the roads, detained in a camp and then dumped in Onitsha, Anambra State, by trailers and trucks.

"This is horrible and an aberration for a citizen to be deported from one part of the country to another. This is a democratic era and it is difficult to believe that the highly respected government of Lagos State will be suspected of involvement herein. Whatever be the case, this travesty must stop forthwith before it degenerates."

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?ui=iphone&ref=profile&option=com_content&view=article&id=1205%3Adeportation-of-igbo-s-from-lagos-to-onitsha-illegal-aliens-in-their-country&catid=115%3Anews&Itemid=551&fb_source=timeline#_=_
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FSU: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2013
So haggard-looking Fasola dumped non-Igbos in Igboland?

2 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2013
When they finish spiting fire, they should spit land and build houses for them in the east

20 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2013
first, it was their former Governor who embezzled state funds and used it to build business empire at the detriment of its citizens who invented Traffic hawking in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by malele(m): 6:53am On Jul 31, 2013
And people want this stupid CAN to rule anambra state, nigige pls leave those fools and come out from that party else u will lose ooo

2 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2013
They should be taken to Neya camp in Igberre ....it's their money used to build it.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 7:20am On Jul 31, 2013
This form of trade is illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 31, 2013
Ifashola the Igbo slayer. At non Yoruba's in the sw. Try learn the language with any of the southwestern states accent. It could help you in tough situations. .And also pray that the shape of your head don't give you away grin

1 Like

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2013
1. One time they are called Nigerians, the next, they are Igbos. Im surprised they didnt call themselves Biafrans.

2. 43% support from East, so where is the ACN governor in alaigbo? There are four parties in SE, if ACN alone got 43%, thats a landslide. Why isnt there an ACN governor in SE?

3. Anyway, the jig is past, Yoruba does not need SE support. SE will do better falling behind and supporting an Ibo party/candidate in 2015 instead of lobbying to support ACN. Keep your votes and your support for an igbo son.

4. Now, the government already issued statement on its position. This was done for family reunification, period! LSG does not owe accountability to MASSOB.

5. What does the "B" in the MASSOB stand for, is it Nigeria? Why are they, Biafrans, now advocating the law for deported Nigerians?

17 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Provie(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2013
Wat the snake wuld do if it grows legs!

4 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 9jii(m): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2013
The simplest solution is the best solution.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 9jii(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2013
If my host is really a wicked one.how dump ...to stick like parasite.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by touch4mony: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo: first, it was their former Governor who embezzled state funds and used it to build business empire at the detriment of its citizens who invented Traffic hawking in the country.
was it fashola that built ladikpo market and tread fair,it was a virgin land give to this ppl to do their biz as citizins of nigeria and now that the place is now an economic heart of lagos u now remenber they are not from yoruba land.ikom ppl are still regrating why d igbos left their for lagos.i belive if the fg can give us this onitsha sea port to a 100% functioning capacity all this insult will stop.

2 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by justsayemma(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2013
In as much as i dnt like d mode of deportation,i think d Igbo grp shd rada channel thier energy towards chalenging thier leaders 2 develop thier region,rada dan praising dem,weneva dey recieve cash 4m dem.there r milion of ibos in Lagos hustling,were they deported? U cant com 2 anoda mans land n constitute nuisance,thats dsame tin d Uk is crying abt,its a security risk,cos they cn b easily lured in2 crime.y didnt d grp carter 4 dis people wen they were roaming d street of Lag?

3 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo: first, it was their former Governor who embezzled state funds and used it to build business empire at the detriment of its citizens who invented Traffic hawking in the country.
That reminds me of orji uzor kalu.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by justsayemma(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2013
4 those criticizing Acn,d deported people shuld go 2 Pdp controlled Abj n ply thier trade,n c wat wil become of them.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Omexonomy: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2013
Fashole for president whether you like it or not tinunbu for vice. OR .....
9jii.:
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 31, 2013
Nairaland use to be one of the platform i have great regard for because i catch lots of fun,information via it. Now it reeks of tribalism, hatred and encourage division among tribes especially yoruba and igbo. It is becoming tiring and seems to have lost it's focus. There is no single day you dont get anti igbo,anti yoruba threads or even a normal topic turned into tribal bashing. Seun must do something fast about this cos lots of SANE people are getting tired already of these situation. Cant we learn how to tolerate each other? Must we always insult ourselves everyday and at every opportunity?

8 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by dridowu: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2013
If U and I constitute nuisance to the state then we need to face the music of the law.

Fashola do your work

1 Like

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2013
what could Fashola have done regarding these destitutes?

1 Like

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by bloggernaija: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2013
touch4mony: was it fashola that built ladikpo market and tread fair,it was a virgin land give to this ppl to do their biz as citizins of nigeria and now that the place is now an economic heart of lagos u now remenber they are not from yoruba land.ikom ppl are still regrating why d igbos left their for lagos.i belive if the fg can give us this onitsha sea port to a 100% functioning capacity all this insult will stop.

There was a market in ladipo before the spare part business .
Lagos trade fare complex as the name suggest was ,a trade fare complex.it was built by the government for fares.
Now adding permanent ugly lock-up shops cannot be viewed as development in any clime.
It would have been better if the place remained an open fare ground for anybody ,regardless of tribe ,with something to sell .

7 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by bloggernaija: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2013
saxywale:
That reminds me of orji uzor kalu.
All the southeast governors are building business empires from public funds.
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by BlackBaron: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2013
I'll summarise this whole episode.

'First they kicked out the northerners and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a northerner.

Then they kicked out the South Westerners and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a South Westerner.

And then they came for me (them)...'

3 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by IGBOSON1: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo: what could Fashola have done regarding these destitutes?

^^^You didn't read in the original post where some of the victims said they were busy going about their business and were picked up and detained?.....you don't have a problem with that?; you don't have a problem with all the victims being dumped at head bridge in Onitsha in the dead of the night?.......though some were not even Igbos, never mind not being from Anambra state!; you do realise that Igbo-hating Yorubas could use this opportunity to target Igbos in the hope that they could get rid of them from Lagos?

You ask what Fashola could do? If any laws have been contravened, the law courts are there to take care of offenders. Has he made a representation to the federal gov't for help in dealing with any issues he feels may have arisen from the calculated attempt in the past to make only Lagos the commercial/industrial capital of Nigeria and make it the sole centre of gravity for everything, and neglecting other regions/cities in the process......an unofficial policy which has now come round full circle to bite you firmly in the butt!

1 Like

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
[size=14pt]Bi ewure ba binu to fi ese ha ile se o fe bu olowo e je ni?

If a goat is angry and uses it's feet to scratch the ground, Can it ever bite its owner?

If Ohaneze and MASSOB like they should carry megaphone what can they do?

the decision has already been taken and its irreversible anyone who doesnt like it should go to court[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by bobthebuilder99(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2013
I am starting to notice a pattern.

Some Igbo leaders start screaming discrimination and the Igbos follow like sheep, believing whatever they say.

When Boko Haram started, everyone was upset and we all knew that Christians from every tribe were targeted. We knew that it was mainly the indigenous Christian tribes of the North that were targeted. We even knew that many Hausa were targeted or caught in the blasts.

Then some Igbo "leaders" and politicians starting beating chest that the only people suffering from Boko Haram were Igbos. Igbos still believe this nonsense to this day, even though there is absolutely zero proof. Shekau, who releases three hour long videos every so often about Boko Haram, has NEVER mentioned the Igbo at all, or for any reason. Yet the Igbo think he (and some fools think APC) is out to get them.

If PDP is behind this deception, it was a smart plan, because it made Igbos that were dissatisfied with Jonathan's non-performance start supporting him again.

Now we see another twisting of the facts when Fashola has sent people from every tribe, including Yoruba, back to their home states. Akwa Ibom gets more FG money than Lagos, but Lagos has 7x more citizens. OF COURSE beggars have to leave. If you see an empty plot of land in Lagos today, tomorrow you will see 15 illegal structures with a four people in each one. They are even building illegal structures on the water! I won't be surprised if Mokoko is bigger than Eko Atlantic by the end of the year. These are people from every tribe and even illegal immigrants from other countries building these. When they can't find work, they become touts and a nuisance.

We will wait and see if Igbos follow follow again and start believing that Fashola's rehabilitation program for beggars has ANYTHING to with "hatred for Igbos". God forbid Jonathan COMPLETE a SE project like the Second Niger Bridge or the East-West Road. That must be Fashola's fault too. If you want to contribute, come to Lagos. If you are desperate because your own Governor is failing you, don't come! Your life will just get worse! If you belive that the highly welcoming Yoruba hate Igbos, then don't come! The funny thing is that the FG is treating one of your son's WORSE than any of the Governors under State of Emergency, while you are worried about 10 people that were deported because they refused to go to a rehabilitation center to learn skills like vulcanizing. According to the LASG, 6000 people move to Lagos everyday. Fashola doesn't care what tribe you are. If you don't need to be in Lagos, then get out. If Fashola really wanted to deport Igbos, he would use a lot more than one bus.

Look at this madness! Only a small part of present day Mokoko is legal.

10 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Bournvitanisha: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
BlackBaron: I'll summarise this whole episode.

'First they kicked out the northerners and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a northerner.

Then they kicked out the South Westerners and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a South Westerner.

And then they came for me (them)...'

Perfect description .

The same Ibos rejoiced on different social sites that Fashola deported Yorubas from Lagos to Ogun , Osun, etc

Other nationalities need to stand up to the pathetic whine and cries of the Ibos. They believe that by crying marginalization and hate, they can get the special treatments. NO!!!

MASSOBS is useless as can be anyway.......what have they done for Ibos since their formation? Apart from noise making?

Where was MASSOBs when Abia (Igbo state) state fired Non-Abian workers?

4 Likes

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by oxygen47: 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
bobthebuilder99: I am starting to notice a pattern.

Some Igbo leaders start screaming discrimination and the Igbos follow like sheep, believing whatever they say.

When Boko Haram started, everyone was upset and we all knew that Christians from every tribe were targeted. We knew that it was mainly the indigenous Christian tribes of the North that were targeted. We even knew that many Hausa were targeted or caught in the blasts.

Then some Igbo "leaders" and politicians starting claiming that the only people suffering from Boko Haram were Igbos. Igbos still believe this nonsense to this day, even though there is absolutely zero proof. Shekau, who releases three hour long videos every so often about Boko Haram, has NEVER mentioned the Igbo at all, or for any reason. Yet the Igbo think he (and some fools think APC) is out to get them.

If PDP is behind this deception, it was a smart plan, because it made Igbos that were dissatisfied with Jonathan's non-performance start supporting him again.

Now we see another twisting of the facts when Fashola has sent people from every tribe, including Yoruba, back to their home states. Akwa Ibom gets more FG money than Lagos, but Lagos has 7x more citizens. OF COURSE beggars have to leave. If you see an empty plot of land in Lagos today, tomorrow you will see 15 illegal structures with a four people in each one. They are even building illegal structures on the water! I won't be surprised if Mokoko is bigger than Eko Atlantic by the end of the year. These are people from every tribe and even illegal immigrants from other countries building these. When they can't find work, they become touts and a nuisance.

We will wait and see if Igbos follow follow again and start believing that reuniting some lost souls with their families is "hatred for Igbos". God forbid Jonathan COMPLETE a SE project like the Second Niger Bridge or the East-West Road. That must be Fashola's fault too. If you want to contribute, come to Lagos. If you are desperate because your own Governor is failing you, don't come! Your life will just get worse! If you belive that the highly welcoming Yoruba hate Igbos, then don't come! The funny thing is that the FG is treating one of your son's WORSE than any of the Governors under State of Emergency, while you are worried about 10 people that were reunited with their families. According to the LASG, 6000 people move to Lagos everyday. Fashola doesn't care what tribe you are. If you don't need to be in Lagos, then get out. If Fashola really wanted to deport Igbos, he would use a lot more than one bus.

Look at this madness! Only a small part of present day Mokoko is legal.

Are they fishes? How on earth do they transport themselves? Do they hav access to adequate healthcare in such an environment? Jesu!!!
Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by dridowu: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
Condem upon condem yet no one could tell fashola on how to due with dos that constitute nuisance to the state.
If he detain them for some minutes, hours, days , weeks, months, years , they will complain
if he fine them they will complain
if he relocate/deport them they will complain....................................any1 that constitute nuisance to the state must be deal with according to the law of the state.

1 Like

Re: Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Bournvitanisha: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
If you come to another man's land, you need to conform to the land's tradition and culture.

Ibos, like our Hausa and Fulani brothers, have no respect for other ppl's culture and tradition.

You're trying to change a traditional law that has been placed on the market since it was formed.

The same Ibos will then shout that Lagos is not a Yorubaland.........Lagosians need to stand up for their land, lest they're displaced.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC, Senate Caucus Consider Lawan, Adamu, Ndume For Saraki’s Seat / The Eastern Region Series : The COR Movement / Enugu Guber: Baywood Urges Ekweremadu To Shelve Governorship Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.