Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors (987 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? / Dont Field Atiku, Obasanjo Warns APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by Idokojimmy: 10:46am On Aug 11, 2013
Don’t join APC – Obasanjo warns aggrieved PDP governors

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on August 11, 2013

Former president-turned-cleric, chief Olusegun Obasanjo has warned members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, against dumping the ruling party for the newly registered All Progressives Congress, APC.

Obasanjo who expressed shock over initial attempts by some governors to decamp to the opposition party said, dumping the PDP was not the best solution to their grievances.

A reliable insider disclosed that OBJ, as he’s fondly called passed this warning message through one of the aggrieved governors during the recent birthday celebration of Chief Tony Anenih in Abuja.

The former leader was quoted as saying that the APC was not an option, calling on the need for PDP “explore all internal remedies, and if necessary, fight from within.”

It was widely reported that five governors in the party were preparing to decamp to the APC, even the opposition, also confirmed their imminent defection but the governors in question have debunked the rumour.

It would be recalled that the interim National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, had sometime ago boasted that over nine PDP governors had showed interest in joining the new party once it was registered.

However, those in question have in separate interviews dismissed the claim.

Clearing the air on his alleged plan to join the PDP, Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa, said he had no intention of leaving the PDP.

He said, “I’m highly amused. Do you know what they call self-wish?

“These are local propaganda, which is terribly elementary. When you look at the party called PDP, I’ve been saying it since 1999- 14 years in 2013- it is PDP only that has remained. AD had gone from AD into AC, into ACN, into something else and now going to APC. APP had gone into ANPP and then, later on they are going to something. They are going to APC. Now, CPC is a one-man party. It is not so lost out on us of some parties that see Buhari as their industry. So they hang unto him and because he is very naive, he thinks they are serious.

“I have been wondering; they abused the PDP that we are murderers, party of riggers, a party of whatever – it is evil. Fine! Why do they want murderer governors in their midst? Why do they want us to be there? Number two, this so-called APC is again what you call ‘political fraud’ because you may change the nomenclature – change it 10 times over – did the people come from heaven?

“They are the same old people. You see, to me, I laugh at it more because the entire contraption is a creation of pain and anger. It is not about Nigeria. They are people who failed to make it in their political parties who think by coming together they can make it.

“If you input one PDP governor in APC, they will collapse. It will collapse. You don’t simply say because of some misunderstanding and destroy yourself. The PDP has attained a level in Nigeria. ‘Renegade governors’, yes, whatever they call us. Today, who is there in PDP who is older than me in the party that I should leave the party for? Who is that person? So, there is no way you will say because there is heat wave in your house, you leave your house. Where would you go? To someone else’s house? I laugh; to do what?”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/11/dont-join-apc-obasanjo-warns-aggrieved-pdp-governors/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dont-join-apc-obasanjo-warns-aggrieved-pdp-governors
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by mascot87(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2013
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by Goddex: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2013
They know they are better off in PDP. Buhari or Tinubu cannot take 10% of the rubbish they exhibit in PDP

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2013
What really is Lai Mohammed smoking? Let me reiterate that a Tinubu-led APC is not an alternative to an internally democratic PDP.
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by frainc(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
Goddex: They know they are better off PDP. Buhari or Tinubu cannot take 10% of the rubbish they exhibit in PDP
U say rubbish?
am not sure u live in lagos b'cos if u do den u ll knw dat d so call rubbish OBJ exhibited during his tenure is nothing to what Tinubu is exhibitin in lagos,
40% of lagos economy belong to Tinubu

pls b4 u start ur argument, make research on what i just pointed out
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by frainc(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
MOD. pls can u do me a favour by takin dis thread to frontpage?
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by sunstyle(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
i laugh at it more hmmm Obasanjo,so many questions were asked by him, who is older than me in Pdp? Should i go 2 someone's else house because there is heat wave in Pdp? In some houses in Nigeria dat has dog you will see it written boldly at d entrance of d gate Beware of dogs! Beware of Obasanjo because he is d sole Father of anti party activities. I dey laugh them oo.
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by Caleboha(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
Politics is technical. A couple of governors will be tossed to the APC as pawns. They'll take the bait unaware of the that tricky spot and the knight that will fork the king and the queen. King is on check, queen is @ risk. Queen is lost. Defeat is nearly inevitable! PDP decampees are nemesis's apple of discord, APC will be torn apart by them. All these drama we see now is beyond d superficial. Take note!
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by dridowu: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Without strong opposition , pdp wont do the right thing, they will just be playing us like soccer.
Re: Don’t Join APC – Obasanjo Warns Aggrieved PDP Governors by Idokojimmy: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
Frank talk. Those that have ears, let them hear

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo -Nigerians Must Go To Hellfire For Saying We Never Had A True Leader / FG Treated Lagos Unjustly, demands 50billion refunds / Korea Eyes Nigeria Railway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.