Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,119 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims (761 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims by Grouppoint(m): 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2008
Christians fined in Algeria case
source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7433869.stm

Four Algerian Christians have been given suspended jail terms and fines for trying to convert Muslims.

The case provoked accusations in the West of religious repression in the largely Muslim country of 33 million, a charge the government denies.

But Christian groups point to the ordered closures of some churches.

The state-appointed Higher Islamic Council said Protestant evangelicals are secretly trying to divide Algerians to colonise the country.

There are an estimated 10,000 Christians in Algeria.

A 2006 law forbids non-Muslims from trying to convert Muslims and limits religious worship to specific buildings approved by the state - a clause that has been used to close more than a dozen churches in the past six months.

Several mosques have also been closed under the same provision.

The four men were given suspended sentences ranging from two to six months and fined between $1,575 and $3,150. Two other people were acquitted.
Re: Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims by Grouppoint(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2008
Have these Christians overstepped their boundary or are they simply following the command of God in Matt 28:19
Re: Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims by Lady2(f): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2008
Have these Christians overstepped their boundary or are they simply following the command of God in Matt 28:19

If they have overstepped their boundary so has Olabowale in trying to convert me and he needs to be fined too then, right? Olabowale and I reside in the USA, a largely Christian country, so what's your answer.
Re: Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims by olabowale(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2008
Except mine is more of a sign of love and endearment. I am not doing it to make you have an intermediary between you and God. Am actually doing it to improve your relationship with God. It will afford you to talk to Him, directly and be bold enough, not to ask for a third party. You know that three is not a company. Its a crowd.

You are a very funny, not in the hahaha way, woman. Listen to me anyway and accept my spiritual invitation. It will be good for you. I will also benefit from it.

A man once asked me if I could be guaranteed Paradise, would I accept death right away, as to say right now? I said no. The reason I would want to extend my earthly life to probably 200 years (and only God knows how much more I have), is not because of the worldly acutremen and felicities. But because in good health and mental faculty, I will love to talk to many people about the Undying and Unwary God. You see my Paradise can wait. God willing, I will get there. But I would love to be a catalyst for many not to end up in Hellfire.

That includes all, known and known. And finally, if USA were to decide to financially penalize me for inviting anyone, especially you and others to One Glorious God, that God will give me the means of paying the fine. Even if 9ja were to adopt that system, I will not stop when i begin to live in it.

And Sheniqua, be ready. I may just decide to make my home in Owerri or some other place, far from the Yoruba enclave. All is for Al Rahman.
Re: Christians Fined In Algeria For Trying To Convert Mo:slims by Lady2(f): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2008
Except mine is more of a sign of love and endearment. I am not doing it to make you have an intermediary between you and God

If you know anything about Christianity you will know that Love is the greatest virtue of all. It is because of God's love that he sacrificed himself for us. It is because of his love that he forgives of even of habitual sins.

So trust me, it is because of love for God and humans that these Christians speak to people.

Don't come here to say that you know what is in the minds of these Christians because you don't. It is because of love for God and my neighbours that I even entertain your thoughts. I am not to judge you but to love you and that is why I am friends with you. I am a Christian. I don't even have it in mind to convert you, I will let God do that himself. He always reveals himself to those who are willing.

If the muuslims have love they would not be so quick to want to murder their family members who choose to leave Is'lam. That is not love, that is pure competition and control. That takes away a person's free will. If a Christian converts to Is'lam no one tries to take their life, they are loved anyway, and are committed to the hands of God.

You know love when it is shown, and murder is not love, honour killings is not love, taking away a person's chance to make a choice for themselves is not love. Putting fear in a person's heart if they remotely think of converting to anything is not love. Love is unconditional. There is no "I will love you, if" it is "I will love you no matter what"

In Is'lam there is "I will love you, if" I know because I have a good amount of muuuslim friends who won't even let me mention the name of Jesus as the Son of God. But I love them anyway. I have lost strong friendships because of their fear of me and my faith, now we only speak every now and then and I must not discuss anything to do with faith.

Olabowale, you would not be having a conversation with me, if you do not have it in your mind to convert me. It is not love when you have an interest at stake. I speak to you just because you are who you are, without any motives. That is love.

I will also benefit from it.

You do not have any bit of love for me, but your own interest and benefit.

I have nothing to benefit from you, but will still accept you anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Who Were The Nephilims? / Is There Life After Death / Misqouting Jesus. . . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.