Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana (2266 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by atlwireles: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
These are some of the best days in Nigeria. Now we all know, where we stand. No more pretending and some fake political alliances. God, please hasten the division of this hell you call Nigeria, so we can all find our ways. God bless Fani and Falana for saying, what most of his tribesmen would not say in public.. Only a mentally sick person will invest a penny in Lagos after all this and not make plans to begin sell their assets. Nigeria will end, there's just no two ways about it.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
It's actually the rich versus the poor. It is not politics or ethnicity or anything else. The poor is under attack from the rich and powerful.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
[size=16pt]
Where is the MOP when u need his take on burning issues or has he sold his soul to d dev.il?

I have pondered on the following questions:

Is Mr. Fa5hola a fascist?

Is he a nazi?

Is he a gestapo?

Is he a kidnapper?

Is he a molester of the less privileged and down trodden in society?[/size]
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by pistol: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
They have been exposing Themselves one by one,
I can't just stop thanking God for this issue of deportation to have crept up now,
Now we really know the wolves amongst us.
It is quite disheartening to read all this garbage from Femi Falana,a man I used to hold in high regard.
Just see the contradiction and fallacy....
Can this argument he just spewed here win him a case in a Law court.
He was neither here nor there.
Running round in circles.
He first tried to water and dilute down the unconstitutional rascality of fashola by giving us irrelevant and meaningless examples before feebly trying to condemn it.
I weep for these Nation.
Nobody can just stand up and speak the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by redsun(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
pistol: They have been exposing Themselves one by one,
I can't just stop thanking God for this issue of deportation to have crept up now,
Now we really know the wolves amongst us.
It is quite disheartening to read all this garbage from Femi Falana,a man I used to hold in high regard.
Just see the contradiction and fallacy....
Can this argument he just spewed here win him a case in a Law court.
He was neither here nor there.
Running round in circles.
He first tried to water and dilute down the unconstitutional rascality of fashola by giving us irrelevant and meaningless examples before feebly trying to condemn it.
I weep for these Nation.
Nobody can just stand up and speak the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.

It is like a man that speaks from both side of his mouth,that was why concluded he was kayode without even reading through. Those that reads through the trashy thesis of kayode must be insane like him.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Where is that OPC.NAIRALAND who was interpreting silly laws to me

Now Femi Falana has spoken

Deportation of Nigerians within Nigeria is unacceptable no matter which State Government is doing it!
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by malc619(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
kITA TITA: It's actually the rich versus the poor. It is not politics or ethnicity or anything else. The poor is under attack from the rich and powerful.

That's what Ibos on this thread have failed to decipher from Falana's write-up. Its all about them. They want everyone to forget about the deportation carried out by Abia and Anambra state while focusing on Fashola. I'm glad they've been disappointed once again......

grin grin
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by malc619(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
mikeansy: Where is that OPC.NAIRALAND who was interpreting silly laws to me

Now Femi Falana has spoken

Deportation of Nigerians within Nigeria is unacceptable no matter which State Government is doing it!

Ok its illegal (according to Falana) so why isn't anybody in court to challenge Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Lagos States and even the FCT for their illegal acts??

grin grin
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by malc619(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
redsun:

It is like a man that speaks from both side of his mouth,that was why concluded he was kayode without even reading through. Those that reads through the trashy thesis of kayode must be insane like him.

A write-up is only balanced when it satisfies your bigoted cravings....abi?? Shame on you and those like you.

Falana has spoken as a legal luminary and not as a Yoruba or Ibo man.

Why do you want people to forget that Anambra also deported Nigerians??

All you wanted was for Fashola to be condemned, but sorry Falana isn't a shallow-minded pr1ck like Peter Obi and OUK...

grin
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by roga: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
@SINCERE 9GERIAN I think u should have taken your time to read the whole article before writing all what you wrote, honestly am disappointed in you, this is one of the best article have read on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 12, 2013
malc619:

That's what Ibos on this thread have failed to decipher from Falana's write-up. Its all about them. They want everyone to forget about the deportation carried out by Abia and Anambra state while focusing on Fashola. I'm glad they've been disappointed once again......

grin grin

Please I'm also Igbo. People tend to argue based on information available to them, their interests and their orientation. You don't disparage Igbo on this thread and fail to see the jaundiced and hate comments from the likes of Femi Fani-Kayode, Jide Kosoko and Joe Igbokwe( the sympathizer who is weeping louder than the bereaved). I pay my tax in Lagos and I'm concerned that someday Lagos State government will find me no longer useful and 'deport' me to wherever. The deportation policy of the present day governors is condemnable; whether carried out by Abia, Anambra, FCT or Lagos. The governors who contributed to impoverish the people have turned to attack the poor and less privileged in the society.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by malc619(m): 2:50am On Aug 12, 2013
kITA TITA:

Please I'm also Igbo. People tend to argue based on information available to them, their interests and their orientation. You don't disparage Igbo on this thread and fail to see the jaundiced and hate comments from the likes of Femi Fani-Kayode, Jide Kosoko and Joe Igbokwe( the sympathizer who is weeping louder than the bereaved). I pay my tax in Lagos and I'm concerned that someday Lagos State government will find me no longer useful and 'deport' me to wherever. The deportation policy of the present day governors is condemnable; whether carried out by Abia, Anambra, FCT or Lagos. The governors who contributed to impoverish the people have turned to attack the poor and less privileged in the society.

I agree with you as well. My point simply is, we shouldn't focus on Lagos' deportation while ignoring FCT, Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom etc who have done the same thing in the past. We should move from making it an issue of "Lagos deportation" to what it really is ie "internal deportation within Nigeria".

If we must condemn LASG at the top of our voices, then let's not spare the others as well.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 12, 2013
malc619:

I agree with you as well. My point simply is, we shouldn't focus on Lagos' deportation while ignoring FCT, Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom etc who have done the same thing in the past. We should move from making it an issue of "Lagos deportation" to what it really is ie "internal deportation within Nigeria".

If we must condemn LASG at the top of our voices, then let's not spare the others as well.

I support your view. Internal Deportation should not be encouraged but we should not make it a Fasola thing. Even Obi who is shouting is as guilty as charged as Fasola. I would have loved it if Jonathan could give a national broadcast condemning internal deportation and ask AGF to sue all 36 states. With that, Supreme court will interpret relevant sections of our military imposed constitution. That's what a president should do. During OBJ, Bola Ige sue all 36 states to determine the on-shore/off shore dichotomy. FG won eventually but later a political solution was found. Let's us enrich our democratic experience by actually doing the right thing. Mountains of emotions have been shed but until a legal step is taken against states deporting citizens, we are not addressing the issue.
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2013
bayooooooo:

I support your view. Internal Deportation should not be encouraged but we should not make it a Fasola thing. Even Obi who is shouting is as guilty as charged as Fasola. I would have loved it if Jonathan could give a national broadcast condemning internal deportation and ask AGF to sue all 36 states. With that, Supreme court will interpret relevant sections of our military imposed constitution. That's what a president should do. During OBJ, Bola Ige sue all 36 states to determine the on-shore/off shore dichotomy. FG won eventually but later a political solution was found. Let's us enrich our democratic experience by actually doing the right thing. Mountains of emotions have been shed but until a legal step is taken against states deporting citizens, we are not addressing the issue.

We have an agreement here. The Federal government can't sue because the FCT is guilty of this attack on the poor. The FCT has been involved in internal deportation as revealed by Mr. Falana. The political elite is setting up the ignorant and gullible against themselves. To satisfy their interests, they introduce ethnic, political and religious angles to their argument. The worst attack is on the people's psyche as evidenced in arguments along primordial allegiance. Widening ethnic allegiance has made it difficult for individuals to think and argue objectively. It is time for our people to hold their leaders accountable and to challenge obnoxious government policy, no matter who's in power.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Garrithe1st: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2013
Eko must not baje.....
Re: The Lagos Deportation And The Law By Femi Falana by Pukkah: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
bayooooooo:

Thank you.

Rather than challenge the system many of them are whining, crying and getting emotional.

I'm not blaming Fasola anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev. Fr. Mbaka Lashes Out At Okorocha For Giving Church N50m Dud Cheque / Over N5trillion Stolen Under Jonathan Since 2010! Investigation / President Robert Mugabe Of Zimbabwe Calls Obasanjo Eletion Manipulator ;rejec...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.