Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande (16923 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Senators Behind Anti Same Sex Bill (Photo) / Saraki's Victory Is Northern Conspiracy Agains Yoruba-bisi Akande Blasts / APC Has Been Registered - Bisi Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
The interim National Chairman, All Progressive Congress, Chief Bisi Akande, has described President Goodluck Jonathan as an unserious-minded person, who is running a kindergarten presidency.

Akande, who spoke in his Ila-Orangun country home during an interactive session with journalists to mark the Eid-el-Fitri festival, on Saturday, said APC would defeat the Peoples Democratic Party in 2015 presidential election.

He adduced Federal Government’s nonchalance to pressing national needs, breakdown in infrastructure, insecurity and political impunity orchestrated by the PDP in some states of the country as his reasons for describing Jonathan as unserious.

The 74-year-old statesman said, “I have my reasons not to admire President Goodluck Jonathan. I have not found him to be a serious-minded leader. Jonathan is Nigeria’s problem today. He is not a thinking leader.

“I have had two meetings with him since 2011. I have had a long telephone conversation with him. I have written him twice discussing the serious challenges facing the country but he has not found the courtesy to reply. He has reduced governance to kindergarten level. He is not serious-minded.”

Accusing Jonathan of embarking on a witch-hunt of political opponents, Akande said the president set the Code of Conduct Bureau against a former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, because Tinubu refused overtures to kowtow to the presidency.

Similarly, he accused Jonathan of victimising River State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, on account of Amaechi’s insistence that the allocation of the country must be judiciously shared among local, state and federal governments.

“The only sin of Amaechi against Jonathan is the governor’s refusal, as Chairman, Governor’s Forum, to allow illegitimate sharing of the country’s allocation. Amaechi wants the sharing to follow the dictates of the constitution but the PDP-led Jonathan, which is known for squandering only, doesn’t want this,” Akande said.

Describing former military ruler, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, as a fine soldier that led a junta, Akande, who said military rule was unlike democratic rule, stressed that Buhari was fast becoming a progressive.

Explaining that the slain Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, was the brain behind the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, Akande said the organisation died when Ige was assassinated on December 23, 2001.

Commenting on the possibilities of former governors of Osun and Kwara states, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, and Dr. Bukola Saraki, of joining APC, Akande said both politicians were welcome to the party.

“Oyinlola’s parents were in the Action Group. He deliberately went to join the bad group. I whispered it into his ears when I met him the last time, that why has he gone to join the bad boys? See how uncomfortable you’re now,” Akande said.

“I have not talked politics with Bukola Saraki but if he is desirous of joining, he is welcome. The current victimisation of Bukola Saraki has shown the people of Kwara which party to go,” Akande said.

Predicting that the PDP would have become unpopular by 2015, the former governor of Osun State said the APC would win in Kwara, Kogi and Anambra states.

He said, “When President Goodluck Jonathan led the PDP on a campaign to the Oba of Benin’s palace, the monarch told him (Jonathan) off, saying that the Benin federal road had not been completed since 1960s.”

He said the PDP was culpable in the crises that engulfed River State and the Governors’ Forum even as he described the ruling party as being replete with riggers.

“To know that the PDP is a party of unserious people, take a look at Lagos political succession and Obasanjo’s succession to Yar’Adua. Lagos succession was for progress but Obasanjo’s succession was for retrogression,” he said.

Efforts to get presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, to react to Akande’s claim did not yield positive result at press time as he did not pick the calls made to his mobile telephone lines.

Abati did not also respond to the text message and electronic mail sent to him on the matter.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-an-unserious-president-akande/

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Tolexander: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Akande, who spoke in his Ila-
Orangun country home during
an interactive session with
journalists to mark the Eid-el-
Fitri festival, on Saturday, said
APC would defeat the Peoples
Democratic Party in 2015
presidential election.
this man will never cease to amaze me most especially the night before the 2003 gubernatorial election in Osun State where he was the sitting governor.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by israel007: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
All failed elements from PDP expressing their frustration

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Deleabiodun: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2013
BIRDS OF A FEATHER.........
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by pesty100(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2013
among the tops
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by emmawiz: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2013
Akande must b a fool

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2013
This 74year old Yoruba Murrafucker should Park Well.. angry

APC cannot stop the flow of FRESH AIR in 2015..

PDP until we split this country..

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Olucheye(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
This game of throwning tantrums all around isn't what our political stalwarts are supposed to be doing. Most important a whole Bisi Akande that calls himself an Elder statesman. If with all the experiEnce and years this man has spent, he's yet to learn the essence of Decorum in being an elder, then its safe to say he is a failed elder.

The quest for power shouldn't bring about this pettiness and bitterness that is continually splattered over the face of our media. The whole world is watching! We all know that GEJ has failed his calling as the president of Nigeria[i][anyways he was never born to be one, always an assistant with luck][/i]. Rather than continually beating the dead dog, i think Akande should focus on bringing up a better plan for their political party and continually convey this to the Nigerian populace ahead of 2015

We've had enough political war of words since the inception of Nigeria but it has not taken us anywhere. PDP vs AD, PDP vs AC, APGA vs CPC, AC vs LP and so on.....its time to focus on preparing a better strategy and let your actions speak for you just it doing currently for Fashola. [Eko Oni BaJe] We are tired of oral showdown....Baba Akande, stop disgracing the essence of white hairs!

BOTTOMLINE; APC can be safely called the association of failed PDP stalwarts. Nigerians, in our bid to push the PDP out of office, we must exercise caution! Desperation on the part of APC is becoming too watch. Watch keenly n read between the line. **Barman, Where's that Guguru and Epa, this Movie will be sweet. Wetem Cold bottle water too biko***

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Adex098(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
This man called bisi akande should better *STFU*

»»»»»

In fact , Nigerian politics is so nauseating.

The opposition and the opposed are both brainless....
Shiiiiit!!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by KaceeDcontrol(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
Bad belle people
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Adex098(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2013
Olucheye: .
BUSTED!!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by executinal(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2013
Mehn GEJ really frustrate this old corrupt fools that has been eating and drinking our national cake. I know some of them that has been crying foul since all this while never benefited from his regime.

GEJ carry go all of them will die of frustration one by one.

[size=15pt]GEJ 2015 FRESH BREEZE JOOR[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by gerrardomendes(m): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2013
luks round.....tilts buttock....diffuses fart......sneaks out before it begins tob smell

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by sugaarbear(m): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2013
Wake up GEJ
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by luvinhubby(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2013
You don't expect otherwise from a man whose children's school fees are being paid by Tinubu.
* in sergeant-major's voice*.. NEEXT!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2013
emmawiz: Akande must b a fool

And your own father and grandfather are wise ?

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by canalily(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2013
So let the honey run and let us all stop this machine gun arguments! ! !
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by teemlo: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Okija_juju: This 74year old Yoruba Murrafucker should Park Well.. angry
You fall my hand

APC cannot stop the flow of FRESH AIR in 2015..

PDP until we split this country..
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg, what's the latest akpors joke?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Lordave: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Bisi Akande, ok.
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by bakynes(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Am yoruba but I do nt see sense in what this man has said.Am nt a GEJ fan bt I do not let Ethnic sentiments get to me.This man is nt making sense @ all

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Lordave: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2013
sugaarbear: Wake up GEJ
you bin give am sleeping tablet?
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Horlawoomey(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2013
This man is too much.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by 2scorehigh(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2013
Verily verity!

Of course, what do you expect When all your countrymen reason and behave like kindergaten pupils?
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Maxymilliano(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2013
~Referring to a sitting President as"kindergarten" reduces the opposition to even less... And I recall Akande, inviting the "kindergarten" President to join his party.

I think that is very illustrative of the type and calibre of people who populate APC.~

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2013
kindagarten presidency?.....now thats a line...

GEJ would be the kid and PEJ would be the Auntyyyyy

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Cmoyor: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2013
Politricks @ its best
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by ikecaesar(m): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2013
sugaarbear: Wake up GEJ
tell ur family APC 2 wake up
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by Kslib(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2013
Typical example of what i call "The correct gist coming from the wrong man"...
His personality has dwarfed the importance of his message!!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by DCTrendy(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2013
Really surprised at the above comments.

We all know if the man is saying the truth or not.
Re: Jonathan Is An Unserious President - Bisi Akande by DWJOBScom(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2013
Something is wrong with our elders!!! I wonder who will call us to order when things go bad.....
God can be trusted!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-West Governors, Senators, Reps Insist On 5% For Host Communities / Bobrisky: Yorubas Have A Culture Of Spraying Naira - Reno Omokri / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.