Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,890 members, 7,956,357 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Should Children Dance To Songs With Sexual Lyrics? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Should Children Dance To Songs With Sexual Lyrics? (462 Views)

Me And My Canadian Friend Did A Dance To "Show You The Money" By Wizkid / Upload And Listen To Songs For FREE!!! / Funny Video;D Banj And Don Jazzy Dance To Oliver Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Children Dance To Songs With Sexual Lyrics? by soulfood(m): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
The Nigerian Music Industry has birthed a lot of young millionaires and with it a culture of trashy lyrics. One hour of listening to a typical Nigerian radio station and you will understand what I mean.

The culture of sexually promoting songs was taking to a new level some years back by young Dbanj and his producer Don Jazzy with the song Tongolo. 7 years after and the industry has known little of sane lyrics. The artistes seem to be blinded by their greed and lust for fame so it does not matter to them whose ox is gored. Or how do you explain that they still attribute success of these songs to God. "Your waist, Your waist, All I want is your waist?" And you claim God is behind your success?

I am taking a look at this issue from the perspective of a mother who has had to shut down the TV, avoid the radio just to keep my children from such content. But then, how far can one protect them from what they hear? These songs are played at their school parties, birthday parties, eateries and other public places they visit with or without me.

Full article here.

Source http://helpingtheparents..com/2013/08/htpb-forum-should-children-dance-to.html
Re: Should Children Dance To Songs With Sexual Lyrics? by kimco(m): 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
soulfood:
The Nigerian Music Industry has birthed a lot of young millionaires and with it a culture of trashy lyrics. One hour of listening to a typical Nigerian radio station and you will understand what I mean.

The culture of sexually promoting songs was taking to a new level some years back by young Dbanj and his producer Don Jazzy with the song Tongolo. 7 years after and the industry has known little of sane lyrics. The artistes seem to be blinded by their greed and lust for fame so it does not matter to them whose ox is gored. Or how do you explain that they still attribute success of these songs to God. "Your waist, Your waist, All I want is your waist?" And you claim God is behind your success?

I am taking a look at this issue from the perspective of a mother who has had to shut down the TV, avoid the radio just to keep my children from such content. But then, how far can one protect them from what they hear? These songs are played at their school parties, birthday parties, eateries and other public places they visit with or without me.

Full article here.

Source http://helpingtheparents..com/2013/08/htpb-forum-should-children-dance-to.html
If they wanted to... Who is gonna stop them? If the adults dance to it, the children will dance to it. Children learn by observation(Bandura, 1986)

(1) (Reply)

New Song By Mikimiah / NL Plsssssss Listen To This Song And Tell Me What U Think / Trapstar Smash-low Ft Shank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.