Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,695 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe (4958 Views)

Scriptures Expounded:Brethren In The World Also Suffer Afflictions-1Peter5:8-10 / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
"And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating" - Exodus 16:18

All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need - Acts 2;44-45

All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. - Acts 4;32-35

Q1. If truly the Tithes and offerings being paid in churches today are a command from GOD, can someone kindly tell us why there are millions of needy people in the church despite all the Sunday to Sunday collections.

Q2. Can someone tell me why the needy are asked to give their last penny when the reverse was the case in the early church , the needy were the recipients of these collections.

Please honest answers ONLY.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Today's churches have become a terrible component of the larger society influenced by what seems to be humanly right and ideal. Much emphasis on bible verse that support given, tithing and offerings but silençe on teachings that aid church given and support to poor widows etç. Todays churches are by-product of the greed, selfishness, stingyness, and tricks we experiençe in the larger society.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Answer numba 1
according to the old testament tithes and burnt offerings are for the ministers in church and i have never come across any oda part of the bible that specifies wat the tithes should be use for;the needy or ministers...i kow not.
Answer numba2
I have attend various churches and i have never heard that the poor shuld give thier last penny and besides to pay tithe is not by force same as offering.

by the way i think the church shuld deciede on how they want to help the needy and poor among them in line with the word of God and the teachings of christ.
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by eyenCalabar(m): 12:18am On Aug 12, 2013
Q1. If truly the Tithes and offerings being paid in churches today are a command from GOD, can someone kindly tell us why there are millions of needy people in the church despite all the Sunday to Sunday collections.

Sunday to Sunday collection indeed! If I should ask you a question, how much do you contribute to this Sunday to Sunday collection? Almost nothing except your offerings which am not sure crosses a hundred naira from the way you are talking but you want this money to be shared to the "needy people". By the way, who is the needy person? You stay lazy all day and now you are channeling your annoyances to the church? C'mon!

Q2. Can someone tell me why the needy are asked to give their last penny when the reverse was the case in the early church, the needy were the recipients of these collections.

Why would you want to be identified as the needy? Don't you have the same 24hrs the other fellow has in a day? Why not make good use of your time and see if the Lord won't prosper the works of your hand? By the way, given is not by force. Nobody forces anybody to give. The principle of receiving requires that you must give. So eventhough you are a needy or whatever, to come out from there you must give atleast from the level that you can but not grudgingly. Then see if God would not fulfill His own part of the bargain.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^

I often give MONEY to where real needs exist , not into the pockets of crooks and charlatans.

Bottom line is this , there are sadly so many needy in the church today , because the tithes and offering money hardly reach those with real and genuine needs, instead the money is used to advance the vision of the MOG, enrich his family and cronies etc.

There should not be ONE needy person in the church.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Goshen360(m): 12:25am On Aug 12, 2013
Tithe is not working!. . . The tithe captives are being set free day-by-day.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by plaetton: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Frosbel,
I think you know answers.
Here is my own honest answers, and I will not mince words.

The modern church, especially the evangelical offsprings, is a progeny of different types of fraud patched together over 2 millennia.

Imagine that in Nigeria, Pentecostal pastors discourage their members from giving aid to relatives or neighbors by claiming that the aid receipiants might use it to place curses or witchcraft.
Fraud is in the DNA of Christianity. That is the honest truth.
It is impossible to build truth from a foundation of fraud.

I sympathize with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 12, 2013
^^

Frosbel you mean !

Btw, Truth is in the Person of Christ not in a Religion.

smiley
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by eyenCalabar(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I often give MONEY to where real needs exist , not into the pockets of crooks and charlatans.

smiley

Allow we the fools then to fill the pockets of our crooks and charlatans. Atleast we didn't placed them there but God did. So who are we to question what they do with the our money? If you feel your pastor doesn't make good use of your money then intercede for him in prayers. Complaining about it would only create bigger problems for you.
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by plaetton: 12:35am On Aug 12, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Allow we the fools then to fill the pockets of our crooks and charlatans. Atleast we didn't placed them there but God did. So who are we to question what they do with the our money? If you feel your pastor doesn't make good use of your money then intercede for him in prayers. Complaining about it would only create bigger problems for you.

Na wa.
An unevolved primate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Atleast we didn't placed them there but God did. So who are we to question what they do with the our money? If you feel your pastor doesn't make good use of your money then intercede for him in prayers. Complaining about it would only create bigger problems for you.

How do you know GOD placed them there ?

Not every one with a Pastor or MOG before his name is sent by GOD .

THINK !

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by switdil(f): 1:30am On Aug 12, 2013
The ans is cus we all lack d spirit of love
Even d so called men of God

C God commanded everyone to bring tithes n offerings to his house so that there may be food not only for d pastors but for those who r in need. These days is d other way round cos most of em pastors want ride latest cars(greed)

N d reason y d poor were askd to give their last penny was just to test their faith.
God dosent need d money for anything, he just want to c if we can give somthing out of d nothing to him

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Johnchike(m): 1:41am On Aug 12, 2013
Frosbel, in the past, I have never agreed with any of your posts, but I must confess, your post today about the needy in the Church touched me and made me see you in a new light.
Back to the topic: A man met Jesus and asked what he must do to be saved. Imagine, after obeying the commandments, something was still missing in his life. Love! Charity! No wonder when Jesus asked him to sell his things and give to the poor he became sad. In the scripture, Jesus repeated this several times, that He is not after animal sacrifice but human kindness. Jesus would question us on the last day, that when He was hungry, thirsty and naked, did we give Him food, water and clothes respectively? Many would ask when did Jesus make this request and the answer would be "WHATEVER YOU DO TO THE LEAST OF YOUR BROTHERs, THAT YOU DO UNTO ME"

In the parable of the good Samaritan, the Levi Priest who passed was holy, but something was still missing in his life, Love! Charity! Jesus praised the traveller who responded to the wounded man's plight and described our neighbour/brother to be anyone who needs help and not necessarily those we know or are linked to. Truth be told, being righteous alone might not guaranty us a place in heaven. Without love and charity, we cannot see God. Yes! 1John 3:16-18 says and I quote: "This is how we know what love is: Christ gave His life for us. We too, then, ought to give our lives for our brothers! If a rich person sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against his brother, how can he claim that he loves God? My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action."

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by peteregwu(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2013
why this kind of post self? are you trying to discourage people from giving to God? what is wrong with most Christians these days? if you don't want to pay your tithe or you don't see the reason to pay it, then keep your tithe and eat it. remember, anyone that claims to he born again, who has a job or business and not pay his or her tithe, believe me that person will not make heaven. he will be cast into hell fire. this is the commandment of God, and if you break it, you pay with your soul in hell.

what is your problem with the poor....are you God? just because some children of God are poor does not mean they will be poor forever, God has a purpose for all things that His children go through. whether you are poor or rich, let your target or aim be to make heaven, the poor will always be among us no doubt. if everybody is rich in the church, who do you think will take care of the church toilets, sweep the church or make it clean. sometimes the rich finds it so difficult to do some dirty work in the church, and sometimes He trains us through poverty to depend solely on Him so that when the blessings comes we will not depart from Him.

remember if you discourage others from doing the will of God, you will pay dearly for it and their blood will be upon your head.

Matthew 26:9-11 KJV
For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. [10] When Jesus understood it , he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. [11] For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by cyrexx: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Chei, see as oga frosbel wan spoil business for our men of God. If people stop paying tithes and offerings to them, where do you expect them to get money to buy jet and live luxurious lifestyles.
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Zikkyy(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2013
peteregwu:
......if everybody is rich in the church, who do you think will take care of the church toilets, sweep the church or make it clean. sometimes the rich finds it so difficult to do some dirty work in the church,........

sad
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by eyenCalabar(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
plaetton:

Na wa.
An unevolved primate.

Accepted.
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by eyenCalabar(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
frosbel:

How do you know GOD placed them there ?

Not every one with a Pastor or MOG before his name is sent by GOD.

THINK !

And how is that our business?
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
eyenCalabar:

It is our business to watch out for our brethren in Christ, I will not standby while your so called MOG milk them, lie to them, steal their money and leave them impoverished , while they , the MOG , live luxurious lifestyles.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
peteregwu: why this kind of post self? are you trying to discourage people from giving to God? what is wrong with most Christians these days? if you don't want to pay your tithe or you don't see the reason to pay it, then keep your tithe and eat it. remember, anyone that claims to he born again, who has a job or business and not pay his or her tithe, believe me that person will not make heaven. he will be cast into hell fire. this is the commandment of God, and if you break it, you pay with your soul in hell.

what is your problem with the poor....are you God? just because some children of God are poor does not mean they will be poor forever, God has a purpose for all things that His children go through. whether you are poor or rich, let your target or aim be to make heaven, the poor will always be among us no doubt. if everybody is rich in the church, who do you think will take care of the church toilets, sweep the church or make it clean. sometimes the rich finds it so difficult to do some dirty work in the church, and sometimes He trains us through poverty to depend solely on Him so that when the blessings comes we will not depart from Him.

Matthew 26:9-11 KJV
For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. [10] When Jesus understood it , he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. [11] For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Did you read my post ?

There was NONE NEEDY in the church , yet we see millions who attend these MAN LED so called churches living in dire poverty and want.

btw, stop misquoting scripture.

remember if you discourage others from doing the will of God, you will pay dearly for it and their blood will be upon your head.

Their blood on my head Why is that ? Because I discourage the sheeple from filling the pockets of so called MOG and their empires ?

No no Bro, blood is only on one's head when you encourage the sheep into SIN and WICKEDNESS.

Away with your empty threat , very typical of these so called MOG sects.

smiley
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
eyenCalabar:

da etie didie? Its our business o to stop the theives in the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by peteregwu(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
frosbel:

Did you read my post ?

There was NONE NEEDY in the church , yet we see millions who attend these MAN LED so called churches living in dire poverty and want.

btw, stop misquoting scripture.

Their blood on my head Why is that ? Because I discourage the sheeple from filling the pockets of so called MOG and their empires ?

No no Bro, blood is only on one's head when you encourage the sheep into SIN and WICKEDNESS.

Away with your empty threat , very typical of these so called MOG sects.

smiley

Are u d one they are paying tithes to? And if your church is not doing well with the tithes, then move away from the church and ask God to show you where to worship rather than thinking every pastor is eating tithe money. their are some churches that I believe using the tithes money for good.

just be careful not to mislead or discourage people from paying tithes. God is angry with those in disobedience to His everyday.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
peteregwu:

Are u d one they are paying tithes to? And if your church is not doing well with the tithes, then move away from the church and ask God to show you where to worship rather than thinking every pastor is eating tithe money. their are some churches that I believe using the tithes money for good.

just be careful not to mislead or discourage people from paying tithes. God is angry with those in disobedience to His everyday.
pls sir show me even a verse in the bible that says CHRISTIANS SHOULD PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES EVERY WEEK OR MONTH END OR ANY OTHER PERIOD. Sir Christ did not pay or collect tithe, Peter, John, Paul or any of the aposles did not collect so why should i?
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Because these 'needy people do not have enough faith to get wealth'

But according to scripture: God has made the poor/needy to be rich in faith, James 2:5

But our generation of Pastor despise the poor, James 2:6

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
DrummaBoy: Because these 'needy people do not have enough faith to get wealth'

But according to scripture: God has made the poor/needy to be rich in faith, James 2:5

But our generation of Pastor despise the poor, James 2:6

Perfectly said.

You ban has expired grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by peteregwu(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
christemmbassey: pls sir show me even a verse in the bible that says CHRISTIANS SHOULD PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES EVERY WEEK OR MONTH END OR ANY OTHER PERIOD. Sir Christ did not pay or collect tithe, Peter, John, Paul or any of the aposles did not collect so why should i?

Brother, what happens to the commandment of tithes payment in Malachi. Malachi 3:8-10 KJV
"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it ."

We have been issued a commandment all ready. Christ came to fulfill the law and to save sinners. Christ did not come to start looking for tithe. it is our own duty to go ahead in fulfilling His commandment. in the new testament the brethren also gave to the lord also, for the work of the gospel. I dont just understand why you guys is just against tithes payment. we should see it as joy to give to the Lord. the tithes are used to take care bills and many other project in the church and also the gospel of reaching out to others. all this things require money, brethren, if the church start giving money to the poor, how many will they give or satisfy. their are some instances that require urgent attention at times.

sometime it makes me wonder if you people are even involved in your church activities. are you a worker in your church brother?

how much is the 10% self? it is nothing....haba! assuming someone is earning 40k now, the 10% is just 4k. is that one too much for God for the whole month?
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
frosbel:

Perfectly said.

You ban has expired grin

Yeah... they let me off the hook eventually
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by ayoku777(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Yeah... they let me off the hook eventually

what was the offence
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by DrummaBoy(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
ayoku777:

what was the offence

I quoted the name of a rival social site when people were asking for a substitute to nairaland following the sacking of manmuswac and people were complaining
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by PastorKun(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I quoted the name of a rival social site when people were asking for a substitute to nairaland following the sacking of manmuswac and people were complaining

You wan spoil business for seun grin
Re: Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe by shdemidemi(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
DrummaBoy:

What forum did you direct people to, make me sef go chk the forum...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Mp3: Download All Pastor Kumuyi Messages Till Date @ Www.dailyreview.com.ng / Igbo Lady Embraced Islam / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Kirk Franklin - 123 Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.