Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error (11099 Views)

Kidnap Gang Member Shoots Member In Error While Attempting To Kill Victim (pic) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Woman Allegedly Kills Husband By Stabbing Him At The Throat In Bayelsa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by davades(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]what happens when illiterates/ untrained individuals handle firearms.[/size]
even the literate and trained.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by aryzgreat: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2013
The root cause of this is "OMONILE culture" y must some lazy youth come to disturb the alhaji for settlement, simply because a mast is been put up in his land? I say this bc i work in a telecom company and i know how much we pay to landlords for lease, but these touts and omonile crazy youth are really frustrating every effort to bring development to their land. Build mast u settle, instal equipment u settle, bring equipment to site u settle, to supply diesel to Gens dat power the site, u must settle them with not less than 25k, to do maintenance on gen or BTS equipment, u settle, u want to replace a faulty antenna or dish, they will gather and seize ur tools or vandalize ur hilux if u dont settle them.

Lagos govt should look into this lazy culture of "OMONILE" it is retrogressive! RIP alhaji.

2 Likes

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2013
Gun Powder is it same as daine gun? Because I wonder how it killed the man, anyways only the sound can do that.

Hope autopsy won't take 5yrs
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by rezzy: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
kingsley103: First to comment! Sowi.

Abegi, delete this post
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by LookGud: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]So we have a case here of;

Manslaughter: That is if it can be ascertained that Segun Salami fired upon his boss in error.

However, before any charges are brought, an investigation should be carried out. to determine the following;

1. Was he in good terms with his boss prior to the shooting. That is, did he have any reason to want him dead.

2. How many guns were a the scene. Was the Security man the only person that was armed at the crime scene or was more than one weapon involved. If the latter is the case, what weapons were the others holding, and wht weapon killed the Boss.

3. If the Security Man was indeed the person who fired the fatal shot, was it done in error. Did he have any reason to use his weapon. Who/what was he aiming at when he fired the fatal shot. Basically try and recnstruct the events according to his testimony and that of other eye witnesses to get a clearer picture.

I couldnt help but notice the 'Put some gunpowder in it' part of his account, meaning he was using a very old school local weapon that fires a unique type of pellet that can be easily traced. An autopsy should be carried out immediately and the matter put to rest.

I also hope that the Police also arrested the hoodlums that attcked the chief in the first place. Atleast charge them with 'Disturbing the peace' for starters while investigations are going on.

Barrister ABOKI Esq
Judge & Jury in cases relating to; Charge & Bail, 2 fighting, Quarrel, Lost and found, an other petty cases..
[/b]
Yes, investigation should be carried out to ascertain if it was his gun that actually killed his boss.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Aedesmuskeeto: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sad... The nigga just shot himself in the foot!!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by bash12: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
Adieu, rip to the dead
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by redcliff: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
Truckpusher: Your perceived illiterate could be a well trained hit man that was purposely planted on the deceased to kill him and make it look like an accident.........apparently you have no idea the level of sophistication that criminals do attain to carry out crimes without traces, the criminal underworld is another world of its own ,don't just come across them in your life especially in our society that has little or no policing then you're a sitting duck. angry

[size=14pt]you are right to a point. I made my comment based on the story told.[/size]
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
See what the illiteracy of some people has caused? Thank God that there is nothing like "omoile" in my zone. Eko ni bad je

1 Like

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Jekobk: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
Oga wen give bricklayer gun Wetin him go expect...
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Korad26: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Rip ,w state dis ugly incident hapen? Is it lagos or where?
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by ignis: 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
kingsley103: First to comment! Sowi.
For Ūя̲̅ yeye mind
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by 3ace(m): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ajibam: R.I.p to the boss jawe

So!!wats d moral lesson
The moral of the story is "don't be stingy" For crying out loud, how much were you going to cough out for these never-do-good boys? You struck a deal worth millions of Naira and you found it difficult to spare N20 or N30k for these nuisance called touts. The money God gave you is to impart lives and live a comfortable and honourable life. How would people honour you when you are stingy? If he had settled those boys and let them go with their problems, none of these would have happened. Those guys were even magnanimous to have come to ask him. Maybe he didn't know; they could've come in the night to rob him of the proceed of the new telecommunication mast deal cos they are potential robbers. I'm sorry, may your soul RIP but you killed yourself.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
ganase2: a gun in the first place. He however claims the gun was passed on to him by his grandfather and was used to hunt birds.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/guard-on-rescue-mission-kills-boss-in-error/
http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/guard-on-rescue-mission-allegedly-kills.html

The gun in this case is a family heirloom. Heirlooms are exempt from mandatory licensing.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by scoptorico(m): 12:23am On Aug 13, 2013
undecidedTragic,tells a lot about d state of Naija...u get wat u neva bargained for.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Highjayklm(f): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
It is very esy n, they should remove the bullet nd see if it mtches the gun the security was holding, so they can exonerte dis man. Dazall. RIP to d man

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Killed In Taraba Political Clashes / Pirates In Nigeria Kidnap Russians And Ukrainian / We Didn’t Bring Gunmen To Kill Our People — Abatete Community, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.