Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error (11098 Views)

Kidnap Gang Member Shoots Member In Error While Attempting To Kill Victim (pic) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Woman Allegedly Kills Husband By Stabbing Him At The Throat In Bayelsa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by ganase2: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2013
A 30-year-old security guard, Segun Salami, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly killing his boss, Alhaji Taiyewo Awolesi.

A resident of Ewuowa in the Ikorodu area of the state, Salami was said by the Police to have, in a bid to rescue his boss who was being harrassed by thugs, shot him in error.

However, he refutes the claim saying that his boss had been shot by the thugs even before his own gun was brought out. Read his account as he told Punch reporters:

“I am a security guard in the neighbourhood and I am also a bricklayer at a cemetery in the area. A telecoms company is constructing a mast on Alhaji’s (Awolesi’s) property and he called me to help him to do some work.

“After I had completed the work, he gave me N500 and I left. I was on my way to the cemetery when I started hearing gunshots.

“Alhaji called me on the telephone, saying I should come to his rescue because touts were harassing him for money because of the mast being constructed on his land. I went to get my locally made gun, put some gun powder in it and rushed back to Alhaji’s land which is very close to the cemetery.”

“I strapped the gun to my back and was attempting to disperse the thugs when someone shot Alhaji. Immediately after Alhaji fell to the ground, all the hoodlums fled. I tried to get him to a hospital but he died on the way.”

Salami's wife gave birth to a baby boy two weeks ago but he wasn't licensed to own
a gun in the first place. He however claims the gun was passed on to him by his grandfather and was used to hunt birds.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/guard-on-rescue-mission-kills-boss-in-error/
http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/guard-on-rescue-mission-allegedly-kills.html

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2013
Dafoq , anyway, first to comment
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Jeovy(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
Very tragic
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by MrAboki: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
[b]So we have a case here of;

Manslaughter: That is if it can be ascertained that Segun Salami fired upon his boss in error.

However, before any charges are brought, an investigation should be carried out. to determine the following;

1. Was he in good terms with his boss prior to the shooting. That is, did he have any reason to want him dead.

2. How many guns were a the scene. Was the Security man the only person that was armed at the crime scene or was more than one weapon involved. If the latter is the case, what weapons were the others holding, and wht weapon killed the Boss.

3. If the Security Man was indeed the person who fired the fatal shot, was it done in error. Did he have any reason to use his weapon. Who/what was he aiming at when he fired the fatal shot. Basically try and recnstruct the events according to his testimony and that of other eye witnesses to get a clearer picture.

I couldnt help but notice the 'Put some gunpowder in it' part of his account, meaning he was using a very old school local weapon that fires a unique type of pellet that can be easily traced. An autopsy should be carried out immediately and the matter put to rest.

I also hope that the Police also arrested the hoodlums that attcked the chief in the first place. Atleast charge them with 'Disturbing the peace' for starters while investigations are going on.

Barrister ABOKI Esq
Judge & Jury in cases relating to; Charge & Bail, 2 fighting, Quarrel, Lost and found, an other petty cases..
[/b]

17 Likes

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by kingsley103(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
First to comment! Sowi.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Anyi3(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
ehya! The moral of the story is -
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by redcliff: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2013
[size=14pt]what happens when illiterates/ untrained individuals handle firearms.[/size]
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by BrightCar: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2013
Sorry O, U have many questions to answer.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by kingdomoil: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2013
so sad, RIP.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by steffans(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2013
Wat do u expect 4rm a locally Made Gun
D particles alone can kill 4 ppl..
RIP 2 d dead..
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by emmasmiles(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm am short of words
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Ayorh4you(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Tolexander: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Eedi leleyi ni abi asaasi?

Iriri aye!

Nkan n sele ni juniyan!

E ma bawa kalo!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Ayorh4you(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]what happens when illiterates/ untrained individuals handle firearms.[/size]

They kill there boss
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by admitme(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2013
The man want to Do jack bauer Style, but E no work. RIP to The Dead
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by amiskurie(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
to ba dele kio ki le....to ba dono kio bere ona.
wat else?!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by AroOkigbo(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
Anything wey man jam na 'im luck.
RIP to "boss".
"Guard" you know wetin dey henceforth, and pls be a man.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by abuliveyoung(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
ganase2: a gun in the first place. He however claims the gun was passed on to him by his grandfather and was used to hunt birds.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/guard-on-rescue-mission-kills-boss-in-error/
http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/guard-on-rescue-mission-allegedly-kills.html
....so Alhaji looks like bird & he shot him? Just dnt knw why my country is full of bad & evil stories. Anyway, am Waiting 4 dat messiah!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by born2boink(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
Thugs harrasing, na naija tins...... Shai, this kontiri

1 Like

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by gunuvi(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2013
What a mistake.
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Prowizy2(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2013
If he is innocent itz only autopsy dat will prove dat..
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by driand(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Na WA o!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by slimdiggi: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2013
The police are still investigating...
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Hernadez99: 9:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Seen it all!!

Good turned to Bad!
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by frankgreat(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]So we have a case here of;

Manslaughter: That is if it can be ascertained that Segun Salami fired upon his boss in error.

However, before any charges are brought, an investigation should be carried out. to determine the following;

1. Was he in good terms with his boss prior to the shooting. That is, did he have any reason to want him dead.

2. How many guns were a the scene. Was the Security man the only person that was armed at the crime scene or was more than one weapon involved. If the latter is the case, what weapons were the others holding, and wht weapon killed the Boss.

3. If the Security Man was indeed the person who fired the fatal shot, was it done in error. Did he have any reason to use his weapon. Who/what was he aiming at when he fired the fatal shot. Basically try and recnstruct the events according to his testimony and that of other eye witnesses to get a clearer picture.

I couldnt help but notice the 'Put some gunpowder in it' part of his account, meaning he was using a very old school local weapon that fires a unique type of pellet that can be easily traced. An autopsy should be carried out immediately and the matter put to rest.

I also hope that the Police also arrested the hoodlums that attcked the chief in the first place. Atleast charge them with 'Disturbing the peace' for starters while investigations are going on.

Barrister ABOKI Esq
Judge & Jury in cases relating to; Charge & Bail, 2 fighting, Quarrel, Lost and found, an other petty cases..
[/b]
not your fault bro, guess u just finished watching CSI, SUITS and DAMAGES grin
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2013
Eko Oni Baje oo. Had this happened anywhere in the east we know what de tribal warlords would have turn this thread to.

5 Likes

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Ijawboi(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
You're fired
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Fazhy: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmmmm.

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Ajibam: 9:54am On Aug 12, 2013
R.I.p to the boss jawe

So!!wats d moral lesson
Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by julioralph(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerian detectives are sooo backward!
In order to ascertain who shot d alhaji, dey should do a post mortem... If dey find a metal pellet den he's innocent Since d guy in question owns a dane gun.

2 Likes

Re: Guard On Rescue Mission Allegedly Kills Boss In Error by Truckpusher(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]what happens when illiterates/ untrained individuals handle firearms.[/size]
Your perceived illiterate could be a well trained hit man that was purposely planted on the deceased to kill him and make it look like an accident.........apparently you have no idea the level of sophistication that criminals do attain to carry out crimes without traces, the criminal underworld is another world of its own ,don't just come across them in your life especially in our society that has little or no policing then you're a sitting duck. angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protesters Corpse Littered On The Floor After Light Restored Back At Lekki Tollg / Photos(18+)prophet"busted Having Sex With Married Woman In A Bush Commits Suicid / Mohammed Zarma: Rtd Deputy Comptroller Of Customs Kidnapped By Gunmen In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.