Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

$450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar (2250 Views)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / Check Out These 1 Lamborghini And 2 Ferrari In The Same Compound / £290,000 Lamborghini Aventador For 22-year-old Saudi Prince. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by calddon(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2013
A luxury sports car seized in London for
allegedly having no insurance could end up in
the crusher, police said Thursday.
The $450,000 Lamborghini Aventador was
stopped by police near high-end department
store Harrods at the end of last month. Should
the owner – believed to be 24-year-old Nasser
Al-Thani – fail to produce up-to-date insurance
details and refuse to pay any imposed fine, he
could see his flashy supercar wrecked by a
crusher.
And while such an unthinkable act may bring
tears to the eyes of petrolheads around the
world, Al-Thani might simply shrug his
shoulders, pop down the nearest Lamborghini
showroom and buy another one. He is, after
all, a member of the Qatari ruling family.
A spokesman for London’s Metropolitan Police
told the Evening Standard the Lamborghini,
complete with its 6.5-liter V12 engine, isn’t the
first upmarket vehicle its seized.
“We’ve had a few Porsches, BMW X5s, and a
Ferrari – that one got crushed and in fact the
vast majority of them are,” the spokesman
said.
The car, with an extraordinary purple and
orange paint job that’s rumored to glow in the
dark, drew quite a crowd when it was pulled
over by police (video below) in London’s
wealthy Knightsbridge district last week, with
many eager to snap a picture of the 217-mph
car as it was loaded onto the back of a truck.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/international/450000-lamborghini-faces-crusher-after-cops-seize-supercar/

Re: $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2013
I've never seen proof that a high-end automobile got crushed. We hear the stories, but they're unfounded. This car will get auctioned off, if the owner doesn't produce an insurance certificate, pay the towing charges, as well as daily storage fees. Once these fees mount up after a reasonable amount of time, the automobile will go up for auction.

All the British bureaucracy keep under wraps. Corruption and dishonesty isn't only a Nigerian trend.

2 Likes

Re: $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by bigt2(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Beautiful car!!!
Re: $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
Siena: I've never seen proof that a high-end automobile got crushed. We hear the stories, but they're unfounded. This car will get auctioned off, if the owner doesn't produce an insurance certificate, pay the towing charges, as well as daily storage fees. Once these fees mount up after a reasonable amount of time, the automobile will go up for auction.

All the British bureaucracy keep under wraps. Corruption and dishonesty isn't only a Nigerian trend.

these are rich people from arab nations that come for summer and fun here in UK if they can afford to ship the cars to drive here they can sort out the insurance very quick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9776500/Wealthy-London-residents-clash-with-millionaire-Arab-boy-racers.html
Re: $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

these are rich people from arab nations that come for summer and fun here in UK if they can afford to ship the cars to drive here they can sort out the insurance very quick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9776500/Wealthy-London-residents-clash-with-millionaire-Arab-boy-racers.html

Zim, I'm not disputing that...all I'm saying is these high-end automobile are NOT crushed, as the powers-that-be would have us believe. I fail to see why they'd deliberately lie, unless it's about what the realised funds are used for?
Re: $450,000 Lamborghini Faces Crusher After Cops Seize Supercar by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Siena:

Zim, I'm not disputing that...all I'm saying is these high-end automobile are NOT crushed, as the powers-that-be would have us believe. I fail to see why they'd deliberately lie, unless it's about what the realised funds are used for?
U r right, they hardly crush exotics, they r a bunch of lying bastards! australia is one country that publicly crushes riced-out cars used by the hooning crowd (mostly holdens,ford falcons) after repeated warnings. that Tron-themed lambo will be auctioned.

(1) (Reply)

These Cars In Nigeria And Prices / Hyundai Sonata 2012 Fault / Accidented Honda CRV 2012:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.