Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Interested In Moderating This Section? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interested In Moderating This Section? (8889 Views)

Who Is The Most Convincin unBeliever In This Section? / What Has Happened To This Section? Even The Mods Are AWOL? Thanks, Seun! / Kindly Suggest Moderators For This Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Quit trying too hard bro, I can't see much interest in the Job, I'm sure Seun is looking your side now. Let me leave it at that.

What has the above got to do with the ish you have with ishilove? I thought the discourse was centred on her ability to moderate? Why the sudden drift?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Well, you just reminded me of tpia@'s observation here :https://www.nairaland.com/1393845/apologies-new-appointment/4#17378757

Sorry sync but I am quite disappointed that you have been here for some time and you allow the events of a few days cloud your sense of good judgement.

You KNOW full well about some of my stance which most often than not is ridiculed and rejected but still I do not shirk in my beliefs. Do you honestly believe that all I have done or say in the past few days are a deviation from what I would have done or say ordinarily?

I really care less about what people say or think about me because that does not define the ME I KNOW. Anyways, if you have a problem with the comment I made there, then you just have to live with it because I will NOT change it.

For the records, you can go through this post: https://www.nairaland.com/1145639/does-quran-permit-suicide#13594142 I made some time in December last year. This was when the death of my Uncle at the hands of Bokoharam was still fresh. Check to see if my thoughts then are any different from my thoughts now.

PS: Note that I did not try to explain anything to @tpia because it was NOT needed. You are my brother hence the need to clarify.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

I doubt your objectivity at this point in time, my trust will resume after the Mod's appointment is over. Thanks.

Now this post can only be understood by YOU. From all you have said so far, your ish seem not to be about the ability of ishilove but about ME.

A piece of advice: If you have a problem with me, come out like a man and say it. Quit hiding behind the 'skirt' of ishilove.

#No offence intended Ishilove.

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Syncan(m): 9:14am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Now this post can only be understood by YOU. From all you have said so far, your ish seem not to be about the ability of ishilove but about ME.

A piece of advice: If you have a problem with me, come out like a man and say it. Quit hiding behind the 'skirt' of ishilove.

Hmm, Spoiling for war with a man who had nominated you for mod in Seun's post...hmm, interesting how you moved the lady out of the line of fire and threw in yourself. Now I am begining to get worried.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Syncan(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry sync but I am quite disappointed that you have been here for some time and you allow the events of a few days cloud your sense of good judgement.

You KNOW full well about some of my stance which most often than not is ridiculed and rejected but still I do not shirk in my beliefs. Do you honestly believe that all I have done or say in the past few days are a deviation from what I would have done or say ordinarily?

I really care less about what people say or think about me because that does not define the ME I KNOW. Anyways, if you have a problem with the comment I made there, then you just have to live with it because I will NOT change it.

For the records, you can go through this post: https://www.nairaland.com/1145639/does-quran-permit-suicide#13594142 I made some time in December last year. This was when the death of my Uncle at the hands of Bokoharam was still fresh. Check to see if my thoughts then are any different from my thoughts now.

PS: Note that I did not try to explain anything to @tpia because it was NOT needed. You are my brother hence the need to clarify.

I am aware of your rational thoughts, I have even engaged you on a particular issue. Yet I have never thought of you as one to quckly run to the defence of someone who said "The catholic church is a joke". Who even as we speak has offered no retraction or explanation since the issue was raised.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Emm..eskiz sir, I don't wear skirts. I tie wrapper and blouse... embarassed undecided
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

I am aware of your rational thoughts, I have even engaged you on a particular issue. Yet I have never thought of you as one to quckly run to the defence of someone who said "The catholic church is a joke". Who even as we speak has offered no retraction or explanation since the issue was raised.
Why should I explain my stand, monsieur Syncan? My comment was my opinion which when I checked last, I AM ENTITLED TO. Quit hassling me, young man.

Jesus loves you wink. Mwaaaah!! grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

What has the above got to do with the ish you have with ishilove? I thought the discourse was centred on her ability to moderate? Why the sudden drift?
Emm...point of correction, sir. He might have ish with Ishi but Ishi don't gat no ish with him, ya dig? undecided
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Freedom of speech, or are you following in the footsteps of Maclatunji ?

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by drdams: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Den u arent viable enough as ur mouth piece depicts. Cos as a mod, u wud def. Make opinions dat arent ethical.
As a normal floor member, its gud as an opinion nt as a prospective mod with persuasive will.
Ishilove:
Why should I explain my stand, monsieur Syncan? My comment was my opinion which when I checked last, I AM ENTITLED TO. Quit hassling me, young man.

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2013
dr dams: Den u arent viable enough as ur mouth piece depicts. Cos as a mod, u wud def. Make opinions dat arent ethical.
As a normal floor member, its gud as an opinion nt as a prospective mod with persuasive will.
I am not a moderator, I am a floor member. I made a statement which remains my opinion and I don't see why I have to explain myself. When people go around making fun of my denomination (which they do all the time), I don't go around demanding they explain themselves because I believe this world is 'live and let live'.

Quit hassling me, dr dams.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Hmm, Spoiling for war with a man who had nominated you for mod in Seun's post...hmm, interesting how you moved the lady out of the line of fire and threw in yourself. Now I am begining to get worried.

I guess I misunderstood your post then. But it sure seems you have something you are yet to let on.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by drdams: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2013
I quit bt uve obviously lost it!!
Ishilove:
I am not a moderator, I am a floor member. I made a statement which remains my opinion and I don't see why I have to explain myself. When people go around making fun of my denomination (which they do all the time), I don't go around demanding they explain themselves because I believe this world is 'live and let live'.

Quit hassling me, dr dams.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2013
dr dams: I quit bt uve obviously lost it!!
Worrefa wink grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Hmmmm....

Sync I do understand your passion for the Church and all it stands for but please work with me here a bit as I try to explain.

I NEVER voted in the last presidential election for one reason. There was no candidate worth voting for. Goodluck seem to be the obvious choice but I refused to vote for him for one reason: HE IS INDECISIVE WHEN MAKING DECISIONS!!!

He makes one pronouncement today only to change it tomorrow because of some pressure somewhere. I will understand it if Ishi tender an apology if, and only if, she broke any of the rules of nairaland.

For her to stick by her convictions is something to be admired. Get it clear that I do not like what she said but that should not form the basis of my judgement. If that does then I would be biased.

If she had come out to apologise when no rule was broken, then I would have withdrawn my support for her. She would have lost my respect.

Sync Ishi is yet to understand the Church as you do. Please don't expect her to have the same opinion about the Church as you have. If she does have the same opinion then it means she is necessarily Catholic.

For the avoidance of doubt, the following are the reasons I believe she will make a great mod:

1) She is firm when she has to. Her not recanting her comment bears testimony to this.
2) She does not take shyt from anyone. Seun did wrong and she told it to his face, point blank.
3) She seem not to know how to keep a grudge. She tell you off now and the next minute she is cracking a joke with you.
4) She tries to keep her sentiments aside when relating with people.
5) She is yet to attack an individual (that I am aware of) personally. She focuses on the issue, not the person.
6) She says her mind without mincing words and puts it across in a way that should not offend the individual.
7) Etc.

I know you might not agree with the above but she has demonstrated those qualities over time and she has my vote.

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Emm...point of correction, sir. He might have ish with Ishi but Ishi don't gat no ish with him, ya dig? undecided

Ishilove:
Emm..eskiz sir, I don't wear skirts. I tie wrapper and blouse... embarassed undecided

grin

@Bold: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmmm....

I will understand it if Ishi tender an apology if, and only if, she broke any of the rules of nairaland.

For her to stick by her convictions is something to be admired. Get it clear that I do not like what she said but that should not form the basis of my judgement. If that does then I would be biased.

If she had come out to apologise when no rule was broken, then I would have withdrawn my support for her. She would have lost my respect.

For the avoidance of doubt, the following are the reasons I believe she will make a great mod:

1) She is firm when she has to. Her not recanting her comment bears testimony to this.
2) She does not take shyt from anyone. Seun did wrong and she told it to his face, point blank.
3) She seem not to know how to keep a grudge. She tell you off now and the next minute she is cracking a joke with you.
5) She is yet to attack an individual (that I am aware of) personally. She focuses on the issue, not the person.
6) She says her mind without mincing words and puts it across in a way that should not offend the individual.
7) Etc.

I know you might not agree with the above but she has demonstrated those qualities over time and she has my vote.
All these for lil 'ol me?? shocked

I blusheth... embarassed grin grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Hernadez99: I nominate my Nubian Brother Obadiah777 for this Job coolhehe A

grin grin sup my main man Abu Mikey. is that you ?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

@Bold: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yelso...Niger Delta to the core. Au naturel wink wink
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2013
i am interested. i have a renewed interest. wink

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin sup my main man Abu Mikey. is that you ?

Obadiah please indicate your interest to make this official.

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2013
obadiah777: i am interested. i have a renewed interest. wink

Better!!!
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Yelso...Niger Delta to the core. Au naturel wink wink

grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Syncan(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:

Your comment was your Opinion and I indeed respected it, until you declared interest in becoming a Mod. This puts you in a position of authority over my posts, all you needed was to reassure the Catholics that your view wont interfere with your acts as a mod. For me though...with the bolded any day,You are cleared grin

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Better!!!
i am interested chief Striktlymi wink lets get it on. or as they say in nigeria, lets go there grin

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

Your comment was your Opinion and I indeed respected it, until you declared interest in becoming a Mod. This puts you in a position of authority over my posts, all you needed was to reassure the Catholics that your view wont interfere with your acts as a mod. For me though...with the bolded any day,You are cleared grin

Me like1000
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2013
obadiah777: i am interested chief Striktlymi wink lets get it on. or as they say in nigeria, lets go there grin

grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2013
obadiah777: i am interested chief Striktlymi wink lets get it on. or as they say in nigeria, lets go there grin
I prefer 'let's go there' grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Syncan(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel:

Freedom of speech, or are you following in the footsteps of Maclatunji ?

Charity is the watch word,even when you chastise says the scripture. And note that I had no problem with that until her declaration of intent.

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ishilove: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Syncan:

We thank Jah! cheesy
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Ishilove:
I prefer 'let's go there' grin
ahhhh the grammar police in full effect. you are the first person to be banned when i win this post grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Syncan(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmmm....

Sync I do understand your passion for the Church and all it stands for but please work with me here a bit as I try to explain.

I NEVER voted in the last presidential election for one reason. There was no candidate worth voting for. Goodluck seem to be the obvious choice but I refused to vote for him for one reason: HE IS INDECISIVE WHEN MAKING DECISIONS!!!

He makes one pronouncement today only to change it tomorrow because of some pressure somewhere. I will understand it if Ishi tender an apology if, and only if, she broke any of the rules of nairaland.

Sync Ishi is yet to understand the Church as you do. Please don't expect her to have the same opinion about the Church as you have. If she does have the same opinion then it means she is necessarily Catholic.

7) Etc.

Ok bro, It was just an observation. I guess you have a better knowledge. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

What Are You Thanking God For Nigeria At 62? / Simple Question For Christians And Creationists? / Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.