Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Providence Confirms Bolt As The Fastest Man In The World! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Providence Confirms Bolt As The Fastest Man In The World! (465 Views)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion / Fastest Man In Africa, Olusoji Fasuba, Joins Royal Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Providence Confirms Bolt As The Fastest Man In The World! by DrummaBoy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/08/12/usain-bolt-lightning-fast-in-100-meters-photo/

The picture of the day, from Sunday’s IAAF World Championships, happened when Usain Bolt bolted to a 100-meter victory just as lightning, well, bolted across the Moscow sky.

Bolt regained his 100-meter world title and won his fourth World championships gold with a time of 9.77 seconds, sprinting past Justin Gatlin with a late burst. Gatlin was second in 9.85. Nesta Carter of Jamaica was third in 9.95.
Rain soaked the track and Bolt said he was not at his best, yet he managed to match his eighth-best time.

“I am happy but I wanted to do better,” he said (via BBC Sport). “My legs were sore after the semifinals, I don’t know why, but the world record wasn’t on so I came out just to win.

“Back in Jamaica, they do not expect less than that from me. They always expect me to dominate!”
As for that image, photographer Olivier Morin called it “pure luck” and was not happy with the image because of Bolt’s passive reaction — until he saw the lightning strike.

“At this moment when I saw the lightning, I thought it’s kind of special photo,” Morin said. “A good photo. But I underestimated the reaction of this picture.”

(1) (Reply)

The Footballers Son. / Papiss Cisse Opens His Doors To Newcastle United Fans As He Throws BBQ Party / Federer Meets Zemlja On Monday In The Opening Round Of The 2013 US Open.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.