Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… (1388 Views)

Resign If You Can’t Stop Killings By Herdsmen – Groups Tell Buhari / Enough Of The Excuses, Resign If You Cannot Perform – Tinubu Fires At Jonathan / Iweala The Imf/world Bank Agent Vows To Resign If Gej Return To 65 Naira <Rumor> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by f18spitfire(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
GUSAU—Senator Kabir Marafa, representing Zamfara Central Zone, named by a
national daily as one of the 24 Senators allegedly collecting N35 million as salaries
monthly, has threatened to resign if it is proven that he actually collects such
amount.
Marafa, who spoke in a chat with newsmen, wondered why the said newspapers
could publish such a fabricated story to cause trouble.
According to him, even if senators were collecting what the paper had claimed, he
saw nothing bad in it, because none of them had requested for it and were not
paying themselves or asked how much they
should be earning.
The senator who was in Gusau to celebrate the Sallah, also noted that it was better
for the media house to talk about the increasing corruption bedeviling the country,
instead of such mischievous publication against the senators, describing it “as
baseless, un-true and an attempt to tarnish the image of the senate.”
On the issue of the controversial early marriage, the lawmaker said: “We have
different cultures and religions and we live peacefully with one another and you
cannot compel me to do things the way you do, or force me to either be a Muslim or
a Christian.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/n35m-salary-senator-vows-to-resign-if/
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by CrimzP(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
If they eventually prove that he earns 35million a month, would he not eat his words.
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
If the Senator disputes the figure why not state what the actual figure is?

afterall he is a public servant
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by anulaxad(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2013
f18spitfire: GUSAU—Senator Kabir Marafa, representing Zamfara Central Zone, named by a
national daily as one of the 24 Senators allegedly collecting N35 million as salaries
monthly, has threatened to resign if it is proven that he actually collects such
amount.
Marafa, who spoke in a chat with newsmen, wondered why the said newspapers
could publish such a fabricated story to cause trouble.
According to him, even if senators were collecting what the paper had claimed, he
saw nothing bad in it, because none of them had requested for it and were not
should be earning.
The senator who was in Gusau to celebrate the Sallah, also noted that it was better
for the media house to talk about the increasing corruption bedeviling the country,
instead of such mischievous publication against the senators, describing it “as
baseless, un-true and an attempt to tarnish the image of the senate.”
On the issue of the controversial early marriage, the lawmaker said: “We have
different cultures and religions and we live peacefully with one another and you
cannot compel me to do things the way you do, or force me to either be a Muslim or
a Christian.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/n35m-salary-senator-vows-to-resign-if/

THATS NONSENSE,IN FACT WE ALL KNOW HE EARNS WAY MORE A MONTH.NIGERIA cheesy
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by Ekpekus(m): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2013
Easier said than done! We are wiser than that my dear senator. Hardly seen a political office holder that willfully resign in Nigeria.
Nonsense!
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2013
Since no one has actually asserted that the monthly salary alone is N35 million naira, by sleight of hand, Senator Kabir Marafa has given himself enough wiggle room to void his own declaration. grin
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by deeptesting(m): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2013
Mr. Senator how else will the press talk about corruption than what they have said about you earning 35million? Reading through I was hoping to see where you will mention how much you earn as against the claims of the media to settle the scores but you did not...Hence, I will continue to assume that the media is right...At least they mentioned a figure can u mention your figure? I beg make i start my journey, trekking to Island from Mainland.
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by 3ace(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
According to him, even if senators were
collecting what the paper had claimed, he
saw nothing bad in it, because none of
them had requested for it and were not
should be earning.
Oga senator, so collecting N35m a month is not bad when it is always war for the government to pay a civil servant who earns a meagre N18k to cater for a wife and 5 children. Thunder fire dat ya dirty smelly mouth. And you were advising them to talk about corruption; is receiving N35m per month not part of the corruption we are talking about? But wait o, I hope this news is not exaggerated. N35m per month?
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by akintun: 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
D man is confident dat is monthly salary is about 30million, and not d 35m statedin d daily.
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by owolabifunke14(f): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ole wey be senator. Are they even supposed to be receiving up to 5m a month? What's there duty there at abuja except approving child's marriage? Criminals
Re: N35m Salary: Senator Vows To Resign If… by Tolexander: 12:09am On Aug 14, 2013
The senator who was in Gusau
to celebrate the Sallah, also noted
that it was better
for the media house to talk about
the increasing corruption
bedeviling the country,
instead of such mischievous
publication against the senators,
describing it “as
baseless, un-true and an attempt
to tarnish the image of the
senate.”
the media published the amount he is receiving monthly. It would have been very fair if he had also published the detailed amount he recieves monthly for clarification.

He asked the media to face corruption which they are doing. Or is recieving the constituency allowance and keeping it to oneself without a significant constituency project not a part of corruption?
The last time i checked, he is currently having no bill for this tenure. Is recieving a salary for the work not done not part of corruption?

Not disappointed anyway cos it came out of a senator that knows nothing than to throw punches at a colleague.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Nigerians Celebrate Halloween / ‘jonathan’s Administration Is The Worst Nigeria Has Ever Seen’ FFK / 2015: 400 Northerners Bribed To Betray Region, Says Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.