Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38371 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by owolabifunke14(f): 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
Wowo country. Please someone should volunteer to take me to London to see the Queen cheesy
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Timflex: Hahahahahaha..oboy see brown roofs for ibadan..kai na wa o..the city abi na village i go call am go good 4 tourist site..mk ppl come dey pay dey see say all these kind rusted and corrosed roofs still dey..chai!

Bwahahahahahaha @ Ibadan.

I just saved the pix of Ibadan on my phone. It's time to start clowning the gazillion of Ibadan folks out here in ldn. grin

No Ibadan nygahh is gonna win against me with 'em rusted roofs!! grin

Give dem some she-keen chicken meat!! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Syenite(m): 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Purpose of thread.
To have an aerial view of some of our Cities.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
owolabifunke14: Wowo country. Please someone should volunteer to take me to London to see the Queen cheesy

How big is your bum?

I might take you to London if it's big enough - the bigger the better! tongue
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
E be like say e get part of the country wey specialize in brown, rusty roofs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by playahP(m): 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
Calabar's own took my breath away!

I've been opportuned to be there and I tell ya, its the bestest state I've been to so far!

Aba, is a dump
Onitsha, is a pig sty
Ibadan is a rusty old town
Benin, is messed up!
Maiduguri is infrastructurally "bankrupt"

That being said, I don't think this picture is a true representation of the capitals'!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
The only thing the North has above the south is good-quality roads and nothing more.

Did you see the pictures of Gombe, Kano, Minna and Kaduna?

North is Nigeria's best kept secret!

Take the religious violence and the weather away - and it's defo. more conducive to live than most of the South.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Olumidzti(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
How do you know a south western city from the top? Brown roofs lol

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Olumidzti(m): 12:00am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX:

Did you see the pictures of Gombe, Kano, Minna and Kaduna?

Take the religious violence and the weather away - and it's defo. more conducive to live than most of the South.
unfortunately any of those reasons is enough to stay away from a place. Now you just mentioned two great reasons...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Zet72(m): 12:00am On Aug 13, 2013
grin I love the look of Abiokute,it reminds me of my village in late eighties

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by 0108(m): 12:01am On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Elfenomeno(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2013
Stupid post, deliberately showing the best place some can offer and also the worst place in others. I know the OP is up to something but I'll keep it to myself.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:06am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX:

Did you see the pictures of Gombe, Kano and Kaduna?

You've made your conclusion based on these pictures?
Most developed regions in Nigeria (according to number of developed states-Nigerian standard)
South South(4): Delta, Rivers, Cross River , Akwa Ibom
South East(3): Enugu, Imo, Anambra
South West(2): Lagos, Oyo
North central(2): Abuja, Plateau
North west (2): Kaduna, Kano
North East (0)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 13, 2013
^^^Go sit your ar.se down somewhere, mate.

INNO8 posted pics of Sokoto last year and the place looks better than 90% of the places you listed up there! undecided
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2013
More like Enugu

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Olumidzti(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2013
owolabifunke14: Wowo country. Please someone should volunteer to take me to London to see the Queen cheesy
i kinda like ur stubborness. You'll soon get there. In fact queen wants to see you..
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Lamasta(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spiff20(m): 12:15am On Aug 13, 2013
Port harcourt was not looking bad at all. Our oil Garden city "meka"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:15am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX: ^^^Go sit your ar.se down somewhere, mate.

INNO8 posted pics of Sokoto last year and the place looks better than 90% of the places you listed up there! undecided
You can take pics of selected parts of a place to deceive anyone. People who have travelled around Nigeria will confirm my list

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2013
Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite:
Ikeja is a state Capital, I did not include Lagos Island bc is not a state Capital. Maybe I should include it under commercial capital.
You are not making sense. whether it's Ikeja,V.I, Ikorodu etc its still lagos.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spiff20(m): 12:18am On Aug 13, 2013
collynzo2: You've made your conclusion based on these pictures?
Most developed regions in Nigeria (according to number of developed states-Nigerian standard)
South South(4): Delta, Rivers, Cross River , Akwa Ibom
South East(3): Enugu, Imo, Anambra
South West(2): Lagos, Oyo
North central(2): Abuja, Plateau
North west (2): Kaduna, Kano
North East (0)
south-south rocks..4 states making brainz
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2013
01 : 08:
UYO

[img]http://arikmetics.files./2009/12/uyo-tourism.jpg[/img]
a resort center now makes the list.smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by mojounited(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2013
@OP, Your picture of Awka in Anambra State is actually a picture of Uyo in Akwa Ibom State. A false representation which needs to be taken down and replaced accordingly... #If in doubt, watch one of the Uncommon Transformations videos of AKS - from 0:58sec - 1:01min..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylK_XChOA68&feature=share&list=UU44hqJiIK_HYYflwAkOqAQQ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Coal city state

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 12:34am On Aug 13, 2013
More like Owerri

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by DoffMan2: 12:45am On Aug 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Purpose of thread.

To stir ethnic bigotry!

How can those crappy pictures serve as a true representation of a city?
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Aug 13, 2013
Ibadan

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by lupey: 12:49am On Aug 13, 2013
Ibadan isn't this terrible! Come on!!! grin tongue
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2013
lupey: Ibadan isn't this terrible! Come on!!! grin tongue
It's an 'ancient' city.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Madawaki01(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Why post a 1970- pic of ibadan?in addition,an aerial view of a bad place at ibadan...
Op sucks

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Grills CBN Directors Over Illegal Billion Naira Loan Given To Achimogu / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.