Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38393 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by juman(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2013
nigeria is too backward.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Eifeh(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Mokola as for now, today picture

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Iykeponti(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2013
No underground train,no trams, no normal train network..., dem just dey build roundabout everywhere sad a country well blessed by God... Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2013
Egba girl:

angry angry angry you want us to fight abi?! Lol. We both know that's not true.

It is very true m'lady grin
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by beewhyfocs(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2013
The pictures taken are not true representation of the respective state capitals. While I would not hold brief for every state, I do not think that the picture of Abeokuta and Oshogbo are true representation of development. For instance, I was in Oshogbo over the last weekend and I was amazed by the massive road constructions (completed and on-going)within the city.

I also do not think that the red-roof picture of Ibadan is the whole thing about the city. I would rather the OP post the pictures of work done by the government than showing the dilapidated structures met on ground.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by nachrisbedis: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2013
Abagworo: Nigerian cities disgust me. Aba and Onitsha actually have some of the best skylines apart from Lagos. However the buildings are not high enough. Mostly 3 to 7 storey block of flats.

is this guy typing from that osisioma village in aba. Are you f**king kidding me with this your dry comedy undecided
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Idongesit619(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX: Northern Nigeria looks alright and probably cleaner than the rest of the country.

Maduigiri or whatever the BH head-office is, is called, shocked the hell out of me. Thought the mofos down there still probably live in the stone-age. And behold, it looks arguably better than most of the Southern cities. With nice roads and street light.

Respect to Northerners! cool

Bush man! I see u r praising Maidugri so much because u have not visited the people paradise and the land of promise b4....I sharp dude will understand what I mean.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Idongesit619(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fake pix! Come and see the People paradise and Land of Promise and u will know that those pix are fake...Lol.. Damutru the Yobe state capital is a village...The most ugly state capital in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Idongesit619(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ikot Ekpene and Eket is also a commercial city...
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Uredaddy: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oyo state residents and indigenes need to seriously pray and cry to God. It seems they are exempted from enjoying the dividends of good governance and democracy. I was in shock the day I went to Ibadan. the place is not developed at all.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Elmos: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite: Akure, Asaba, Awka, Bauchi
AKURE picture is the roundabout built and donated several years ago by first bank and shortly before election in Ondo state last year Gov. Mimiko added water fountain into it and beautified, and n for sure he showed it to everyone who care that is an achievement, even during the debate he said the water fountain and its twin brother located just a few meters from the water fountain has created jobs for people earning them about Ten Thousand Naira daily, for people see it as a tourist centre and they go there to snap pictures. What a major achievement for a Governor of an oil producing state!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abagworo: Nigerian cities disgust me. Aba and Onitsha actually have some of the best skylines apart from Lagos. However the buildings are not high enough. Mostly 3 to 7 storey block of flats.
chai,so nigeria term of a developed state is when it has tall buildings that reaches the sky?So skyscrapers is now equals to development or what.When wil 9ja pple accept d fact dat a properly and beautiful planned city is worth more than building skyscrapers everywhr without direction.?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Madawaki01(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Uredaddy: Oyo state residents and indigenes need to seriously pray and cry to God. It seems they are exempted from enjoying the dividends of good governance and democracy. I was in shock the day I went to Ibadan. the place is not developed at all.
who is this one?
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by comrChris(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Nothing has changed. I got to know how this place has been ravaged by guinea worm through my father who had to leave.
## try n b arguing base on hw much u knw a certain place,lyk l said l wz in ado btwn feb n june l can tel u pples r suffering dere,u hardly c house witout a toilet in abakaliki wia mi aunty presently live
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
I respect Ilorin for its roads. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Egbagirl(f): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX:

Never that, I was just messing about on the thread. You should know I like messing with Ibadan people whenever there's an opportunity to do that. grin

Anyway, the story is true.

No beef, all I want is a kiss. wink

What kiss? Kiss ko kiss ni. My fren!

Oya take like that kiss LOL!

But we shall talk about this matter elsewhere. I refuse to agree. That's not the version I know lol
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by joshyjags: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
make dey stop dat whinning abeg wch levels nah, na only top view we dey see oooh, make dem enter streets sef..........

NONSENSE....
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ibiso1986: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Spiff20: tanx ibiso i lik dis pix
you're welcome miss spiff..
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ibiso1986: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abagworo: Port harcourt
thank u my brother
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Naija

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
N_girl: Based on my own experience, Yoruba states are the worst states in Nigeria. Ibadan is one of the dirtiest and noisiest places in Nigeria. You guys might not agree with me but it's what I've seen.
Some people talk as if all SW states are like Lagos but most are nothing like it.
Eastern states don't look good either. Even some of the cities some times look like villages.
Northern states are not as bad as people think but they're still horrible.
In as much as you guys keep "praising" some Governors, most of them are them are doing absolutely nothing.
The best states in terms of development are still Cross Rivers, Rivers and Lagos.

NB: These pictures are old. You can't use some of them to compare what these cities look like now

You're talking nonsense woman, Ibadan is as of today one of the cleanest in Nigeria, if not the cleanest. Ask somebody.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
django1:

You're talking nonsense woman, Ibadan is as of today one of the cleanest in Nigeria, if not the cleanest. Ask somebody.

Na lie u dey lie bros..Schooled there for some years and toured that state wella and am not talking about 2007 oo, its recent.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Arcard: op d onitsha u knw must b heaven, for me onitsha wowo

Onitsha south worwor.. but onitsha north is cool except all those market areas.. gra, 33, housing, omagba, nkpor... and their plenty 4 story buildings
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
am yet to underdtand the meaning of this thread
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Julieccentric:

Na lie u dey lie bros..Schooled there for some years and toured that state wella and am not talking about 2007 oo, its recent.

By recent you mean you've not been to Ibadan since 2007 I believe. If you can't tell us right here and now where in Ibadan the dirt is, you best STFU.

Here is Ibadan: https://www.nairaland.com/1345282/ibadans-new-look-roads-infrastructures
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

jeez, I ll keep silent in calling u names, 'cos ur post itself IS ENOUGH TO DO SO.

..tell me something, (even if u were to grade development on road only), why isn't Borno a commercial capital (even only in north)?

...heck, im done wif U here.

Borno has no seaport nor was it a formal capital. infact it is a land locked state at the hell end of the country and was kinda neglected in the scope of things considering Kano and kaduna and the colonial presence and influence... u can't compare maiduguri to Lagos.. but it is a cool city
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2013

bros you are so correct.. the problem is just the poor state of roads... especially in the market areas.. main market starting from new market road.., head bridge, ariaria.. but business is always what bring most outsiders to Onitsha and aba so they end up seeing just the market areas. a drive to gra or 33 will paint a different picture. in the case of aba, ogbo hills
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Idongesit619: Ikot Ekpene and Eket is also a commercial city...

eket.. can never forget the seven months I spent there in 2011.. nice small city.. fine sweet girls.. rich oil workers.. more like an Exxon mobil residence city.. the clubs.. sodoni, tempest, the hotels on Marina... missing the city, ubong and his delicious dog meat
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by chikejude(m): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
You just showed Yenagoa Government House.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Emmadani: chai,so nigeria term of a developed state is when it has tall buildings that reaches the sky?So skyscrapers is now equals to development or what.When wil 9ja pple accept d fact dat a properly and beautiful planned city is worth more than building skyscrapers everywhr without direction.?

Look at Chicago and tell me if you prefer Owerri, Enugu or Calabar.

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by asha80(m): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
chikejude: You just show Yenagoa Government House.so who paid u. U for show the shame called a city.
akal-w- akj?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Grills CBN Directors Over Illegal Billion Naira Loan Given To Achimogu / Workers Fleeing From Explosion Scene In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.