Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,354 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted (849 Views)

What The Heck Kind Of Medicine Are South Africans Practicing!(to Funny Must See) / How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? / Why Are South Africans So Rude, Loud And Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by POLICECAP: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Like the igbo people are always depicted with any thing connecting to money, the south-south people are always depicted with arrogance, rudeness and the likes.
in nollywood home videos, arrogant,rugged, and bad scenes are always acted using their pigeon language and attitude. Even in real life, if one wants to show bad,rude attitude its "mostly" in their form.

So my question is, are they actually as they are always portrayed?
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
no
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by lomaxx: 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Generalization is the mother of all bigotry.
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by oubi: 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Well, OP, to an extent they are...
For example, I schooled in the east and most of the people in the various cult groups are them.
In my department, they are few in no thou compared to the easterns but they are trouble lovers.. You can't march them,say sorry and pass.. You must receive a piece of the cake. Even their mod of greeting is rude.. "Migwo"(I'm on my knees) and you are still standing. how sarcastic...
So OP, I tire for them o..
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by aljharem(m): 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thats a lie. !
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
The rugged behavior is from Warri
Re: Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted by dopeJemi: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2014
Not really, its not like its our lifestyle, we only show that bad side when pissed, when it comes to ruggedity, clear road for warri boys grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And The New Trekking Trend / STRANGE: Evil Hawk Robs Market Woman In Benue Community / Description To Oshun River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.