Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row (15110 Views)

Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Beyonce And Kim Kardashian In Race To Give Birth To Second Child As Beyonce Post / Oprah 'suffers Racism' In Zurich Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by playahP(m): 5:56am On Aug 15, 2013
Blessmira: Dats why i like Naija. Nobody cares a fig wether u ar wearin a Loubotin boot or a Diamond stud. Wear a Bathroom slippers n come, e no concern anybody as long as u can pay 4 d fuckin item.
Long Live fellow Nigerians!!! cheesy

U wrong man!
Sometime last year, I walked into this exotic music store in shoprite ikeja (upstairs)
I actually wanted to get a grand piano (which is pretty expensive) for a client but due to simple way I was dressed, the store owner or shop girl (I no know which one ) was really really rude to me!!..

When I wanted to check the specs of the piano, she refused...
She even denied me opportunity of sending the picture of what I wanted to buy to my client
I didn't argue or say ish.. Just quietly walked out...

So this shiiit happens everywhere man!
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Austeenxx: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2013
Opera Mini I know, Okpara I know. Oprah, who are you?
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Pzone: 8:15am On Aug 15, 2013
Oprah go fit buy the store o
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2013
Valiantvaliant: please who is this oprah, is she the founder of opera mini?
Opera mini is the name of the college she went to embarassed
Thank me later for this smiley

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2013
Why would the sales girl refuse to let her see the expensive bag? Opray is not just happy because she never knew journalists would dig in so deep and blow up the story. She did not tender apology to switzerland or the shop owner.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by HezronLorraine(m): 8:41am On Aug 15, 2013
lastpage:

See me.... See GRAMMAR! grin grin grin
Who are you trying to impress with all these jagbajantis you wrote?

You said "the black race self has issues with its colour"?
What kind of "Dog-poo" were you smoking when you wrote that?

I say you need to see a psychiatrist, ASAP!
Where is "Musiwa"? I have a patient for you! grin grin

Low-level Idiota

Now, Gerrout...

Lastpage!
you lack simple assimilation of hidden insinuations.with this post I have a point clearly proven.
musiwa1e: if she did not name the country, people around the world. will assume wrong and every nation with white people will suffer for it.

I think many nation should deal with the issue. because black people goes through racism.

this is why it hurt that in nigeria, black on black racism is practices not only by the senate but the govt of nigeria..

i dont like talking about my own experience. black people gone through alot, but what can you do?

why do this people did this. because they dont want to be discriminated. because of what black people go through.

if you dont wear the skin. you cant know the pain. because people dont judge you by the contain of your character but more by the color of your skin.

i know prime minister and presidents of countries. more than 30 africa president in history ran for office because they were once discriminated on abroad. there is a need to push this that dicrimination is wrong. either black on black racism like the case of nigeria or white on black racism.

[img]http://www.beautyredefined.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/beyonce-loreal.bmp[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_YKYinnCIcVw/SxKe1-vyRMI/AAAAAAAAES0/eJjpRQTsT5E/s1600/LilKimBeforePlasticSurgery.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-KJSsILGCnfE/UamxDUbroqI/AAAAAAABILs/5Xlxb9RuXUk/s1600/see_photo_of_nicki_minaj_before_and_after.jpg[/img]
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Hoodrat(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2013
She never apologize for saying all nigerians are fraudster/ drug dearlers. I guess she still feel inferior despite all that money. Even when you owned a bank you are still a nigger.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ladenz(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Suhaibu: Poor boutique sales Man! Clearly, he didn't know Oprah. If he did, he'll give the handbag to her... then snap picture with her.

he is a she wink
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Chiopatra: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
I used to wonder too
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2013
E-Light:
No, bolt browser.
a little bit of education for everyone
Once in awhile, I have chosen to insert an article written not by me, but by our daughter, Holly (18 years old). As you will see she is the inevitable product of her mother and me. We are proud of her and so want to use something she wrote recently as a college paper.
Racism Through Education, the Media and the Government
Racism has affected the world for thousands of years. Why? What is it that makes one man think he is better than another? Most people assume that racism only deals with color of skin, but it goes way beyond that. Racism is the belief that one person is better than another person for any reason at all: color of skin, nationality, mental ability, sex, etc.
It is a serious social problem. It threatens the quality of peoples lives and cherished values. We have all seen the damage that racism has done. Why are we still dealing with this problem? The major reason is that for the past 150 years the theory of evolution has been taught in schools and evolutionary ideas are being sent throughout our society by our education system, our media and our government.
You may be saying to yourself, "How does evolution apply to this?" Here is your answer. The basic theory of evolution says that from one single-cell Amoeba came all of life. This little Amoeba supposedly evolved itself into new sub-species or races of higher class, over and over again. Eventually people arrived and from them the white man, the superior race! Well, in order for people to get here, hundreds and maybe thousands of races had to become extinct because they weren't good enough or intelligent enough or pretty enough to stay around. So they died and we were left with all those inferior beings like animals, black people, yellow people and women.
Now, you might say, "You cant be serious!" But, here is what Charles Darwin once said about white men being superior. "I could show . . . natural selection . . . doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit"The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world." "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes"will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, . . . than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the Negro . . . and the gorilla."
Here is what Charles Darwin had to say about women. "It is generally admitted that with women the powers of intuition, of rapid perception, and perhaps of imitation, are more strongly marked than in man; but some . . . of these faculties are characteristic of the lower races, and therefore of a past and lower state of civilization. The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands."
Thomas Huxley, Darwins close friend said this about Africans. "No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, . . . as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out by thoughts and not by bites."
You might say, "Okay, I can see that Darwin was a racist and that evolution is a racist theory, but, so what?" Well, when the world, began to accept the concepts of evolution,. Evolutionary concepts of superiority entered every area of life and people truly began to believe them.
Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler formed many of their beliefs around the concepts of natural selection and survival of the fittest. White race purity groups like the KKK began to arise. Everything became segregated: public transportation, public eating places, public schools. Signs were everywhere: "FOR WHITES ONLY!" Most white people believed the lie of racism, even some Christians.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2013
a little education for every one black or white ,

Once in awhile, I have chosen to insert an article written not by me, but by our daughter, Holly (18 years old). As you will see she is the inevitable product of her mother and me. We are proud of her and so want to use something she wrote recently as a college paper.
Racism Through Education, the Media and the Government
Racism has affected the world for thousands of years. Why? What is it that makes one man think he is better than another? Most people assume that racism only deals with color of skin, but it goes way beyond that. Racism is the belief that one person is better than another person for any reason at all: color of skin, nationality, mental ability, sex, etc.
It is a serious social problem. It threatens the quality of peoples lives and cherished values. We have all seen the damage that racism has done. Why are we still dealing with this problem? The major reason is that for the past 150 years the theory of evolution has been taught in schools and evolutionary ideas are being sent throughout our society by our education system, our media and our government.
You may be saying to yourself, "How does evolution apply to this?" Here is your answer. The basic theory of evolution says that from one single-cell Amoeba came all of life. This little Amoeba supposedly evolved itself into new sub-species or races of higher class, over and over again. Eventually people arrived and from them the white man, the superior race! Well, in order for people to get here, hundreds and maybe thousands of races had to become extinct because they weren't good enough or intelligent enough or pretty enough to stay around. So they died and we were left with all those inferior beings like animals, black people, yellow people and women.
Now, you might say, "You cant be serious!" But, here is what Charles Darwin once said about white men being superior. "I could show . . . natural selection . . . doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit"The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world." "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes"will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, . . . than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the Negro . . . and the gorilla."
Here is what Charles Darwin had to say about women. "It is generally admitted that with women the powers of intuition, of rapid perception, and perhaps of imitation, are more strongly marked than in man; but some . . . of these faculties are characteristic of the lower races, and therefore of a past and lower state of civilization. The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands."
Thomas Huxley, Darwins close friend said this about Africans. "No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, . . . as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out by thoughts and not by bites."
You might say, "Okay, I can see that Darwin was a racist and that evolution is a racist theory, but, so what?" Well, when the world, began to accept the concepts of evolution,. Evolutionary concepts of superiority entered every area of life and people truly began to believe them.
Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler formed many of their beliefs around the concepts of natural selection and survival of the fittest. White race purity groups like the KKK began to arise. Everything became segregated: public transportation, public eating places, public schools. Signs were everywhere: "FOR WHITES ONLY!" Most white people believed the lie of racism, even some Christians.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by J0nyb0y(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Adehwale: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2013
REALITY101: Stuupid woman. Black people need to give up on playing race card on every damn thing. They are the real racist
I just want to conclude, u obviously, dont av a clue of wot racism means. And kindly find a way of changin ur name. you using it, is a form of disrespect to d use of english.

2 Likes

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ono(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2013
@ ooshinibos
How about you post your daughter's entire piece as a .pdf for me to download? Nice write up in there - a little education, here and there, maybe we can help wipe off the scourge of racism all over the world.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
ono: @ ooshinibos
How about you post your daughter's entire piece as a .pdf for me to download? Nice write up in there - a little education, here and there, maybe we can help wipe off the scourge of racism all over the world.

that gonna be a tough one , this article was written about 4 years ago ...at the time i just extracted the one that relates to race actually , the rest might not be applicable because it deals other stuff like sexism and evolution stuff which i was not interested in
This publication about race has actually reduced racism crimes in countries like canada and Germany hence the low rate of racism incident in these countries ..since racism is a learned behaviour or habit , it could be wiped out gradually through exposure and education ...dont forget Nigeria has a bit of this bad behaviour , we call it tribalism , xenophobia and ethnism ...they are all a type of racism ..and can destroy life as well
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by DexxyAlebs(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
NO, UCBROWSER
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by DexxyAlebs(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
homesteady:

Don't you understand logic??
She is apologising that a small matter which she thought was racist and was actually not, was taken to another dimension!
Well I still stand my grounds that the sales girl is innocent
dude must you knw my worth before something to me? sales rep is very wrong!
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by manny4life(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
bejeria101: is that so she pays your house rent? Na wa o

What hole did you crawl out from?

What has the topic got to do with my rent? Nama
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by jafsumar07: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
She is simply saying a whole country cnt carry d cross of a crime committed by jst one. From ds, i see humbleness in ha traits
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ono(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
ooshinibos:

that gonna be a tough one , this article was written about 4 years ago ...at the time i just extracted the one that relates to race actually , the rest might not be applicable because it deals other stuff like sexism and evolution stuff which i was not interested in
This publication about race has actually reduced racism crimes in countries like canada and Germany hence the low rate of racism incident in these countries ..since racism is a learned behaviour or habit , it could be wiped out gradually through exposure and education ...dont forget Nigeria has a bit of this bad behaviour , we call it tribalism , xenophobia and ethnism ...they are all a type of racism ..and can destroy life as well

I am very happy about this. Obviously, education is the key. And the more we get many people to be enlightened in this area, the better the world will be for all to live in.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
They must have really begged her to quench the matter.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2013
homesteady: grin

-:\
Foolish fool
shocked
homesteady: grin

-:\
Foolish fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

meet ten of the most sexy nigerian female celebrities / Pics Of 2 2ndary School Students Kissing & Smooshing On Road Go Viral(pics,video / Kam Adams: Linda Ikeji Hosted By The Speaker Of Hackney & Ex Speaker Of Hackney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.