Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,680 members, 7,955,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? (6070 Views)

Download Mozilla Firefox For Java Phone Here!!! / There Is A Scammers In Nairaland / Latest Mtn And Etisalat Free Browsing Is Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by popsonj(m): 2:14am On Jun 10, 2008
OGA O!!!
A beg no post this kain topic again or dem go popo u o!!
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by humbleguy(m): 3:22am On Jun 10, 2008
@ Poster,

Must u post on Nairaland?Posting baseless topics won't increase your level of internet marketing.

Work and think harder next time,
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by bolutito(f): 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
there is rily no need to pass insults even if u don't agree with another person's point of view. what about people who use tabbed browsing for legit purposes? it isnt only firefox that offers such services. i use both internet explorer & firefox together, @ d same time, to browse and i ALWAYS open multiple tabs (i either use my personal internet connection or wireless connection @ a cafe). but come sef, is it only Africans that are scammers?. most people fall for those scams out of greed. i get a good number of scam mails delivered daily to all my email addresses; most of them have poor grammatical construction and the others are easy to see through because the stories are unbelievable and basically the same.
anyway, that's just my opinion.
example-

[b]FROM: MRS. ROSE KHUMALO
Johannesburg South Africa.
Email: rosekhumalo40@yahoo.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Don’t be surprised to receive this letter, I am ROSE KHUMALO, wife of (Mr. JAMES KHUMALO A TABCCO FARMAR IN ZIMBWABWE) my Husband was murdered by Zimbabwe War veterans and critic lack people of ZANU-PF ruling party, if you are conversant with CNN OR BBC AFRICA. Before the death of my Husband on the 22nd of March 2003, he was a prosperous tobacco and coffee farmer who has invested much in agricultural sector and a very major sponsor of the opposition party MOVEMENT OF DEMOCRATIC CHANGE). President ROBERT MUGABE and his ZANU-PF ruling party with the new land reform system, the government land being occupied by whites and some rich farmers who are opposing his consistent stay in power and radical and unnecessary reforms targeted to dehumanizing his political opponents and high rate of abuse of human rights which led to the killing of some members of opposition party including my Husband, MR JAMES KHUMALO.

I acknowledge very well that my Husband deposited the sum of (You$16) Sixteen Million, United States Dollars, with a security and financial company in Johannesburg , South Africa with the intention of using it for the purchase of new farm machineries and chemicals for agricultural purpose as well as purchasing hectares of land in Swaziland . Your contact was courtesy of EC21.COM Company profiles and information network online. With the high risk of staying in my country I have succeeded in send my son to the Republic of South Africa who is now seeking for political asylum (refugee) there in Republic of South Africa, my position does not allow me to do anything with such account of money for Security reason. And I can not bring the money back to Zimbabwe for any reason. I want you to contact my son David Khumalo on in the Republic of South Africa and help him to invest the money in any business in your country. Or to normalize this fund to any meaningful business transaction, I want you to understand that this is purely family fund not money laundering affair.

I solicit for your honest assistance to a family shattered by lyric government. I want this fund to be transferred to your nominated account overseas, with your partnership, He will invest in your country. We have agreed to offer you 25% of the fund for your kind assistance then 5% will be for any possible expenses that might occur in the process of the transaction while 70% will be for my family investment in your country. Be assured that all the necessary documents backing this fund has been arranged by me and my attorney in Republic of South Africa, feel free to ask any question regarding this transaction. Practically, once you show your willingness to assist us, we can arrange of when to come down here in South Africa.

Hoping to hear from you soonest, kindly contact me through this email address . I need your urgent and confident response towards this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Rose Khumalo (MRS).[/b]
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by ghettochyk(f): 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2008
LMAO @ THREAD cheesy

YEAH, AND PLANES ARE HELPING TERRORISTS.

NEXT TOPIC PLEASE. tongue
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by Mustay(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2008
grin
ghettochyk:

LMAO @ THREAD cheesy

YEAH, AND PLANES ARE HELPING TERRORISTS.

NEXT TOPIC PLEASE. tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by scorpio1(m): 1:44am On Jun 20, 2008
@Mambenanje

You are so sick and you aint got a job, why don't you make them stop the internet or fax machine or Hide ID on phones.

Pls be reasonable and look for something better to share with us,
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by karrye(f): 4:26am On Jun 22, 2008
does the fact that fire can burn you, mean it should be banned from human use?
How you choose to live life is a choice,
I especially like the firefox browser, it's made browsing a lot easier.
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by rancetech(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
Hello my friend,

That’s really something, unlike what others might think. I’m really glad that scam disgust you just as it does me. But I really have to point out that multiple tabs or not, scammers can still carry out their criminal jobs just fine. Mozilla firefox is not the only browser with such feature, the latest internet explorer does too, even Netscape navigator. They wouldn’t just sit and allow other browsers to surpass them, the only way to stay in business is to compete effectively, otherwise you are out of business, so almost all the latest browsers come with that feature.

There are lot of scammers online, including this forum, so don’t get offended when you receive harsh replies or comments, the truth is bitter but it must be spoken off. Keep up with your honesty and hard work; you’ll surely get to the top.

A word for scammers

And those of you scammers out there, I don’t think there is any need to continue deceiving others and your very self. There are so many legitimate ways to make income for yourself online without having to break someone’s heart, most importantly break the law and most annoyingly rubbish the image of your country. It’s really sad that we don’t know the money-making opportunities the internet has brought us especially here in West Africa.
Doesn’t it bother you to hear “scams originated from West Africa” every where and all the time? Of course I know it doesn’t, why would you still be doing it? It really breaks my heart to hear those words every time both online and offline.

I make all my money from the internet; I’m living very comfortably with peace of mind and I’m just 22 years old. You too can but not with frauds and scams, see my blog www.legitimateonliner..com to get a hint of what I’m talking about.
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by scorpio1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2008
@rancetech

You are the greatest scammer of all, if you really want our young boys to repent,why won't you give it to them for free or get them to make a commitment before you give them.
No wonder you say you are so rich, selling free ideas!
That your UBA account i will proceed with investigations on it, unless you will provide me with names and contact info of 10 people who have bought your book and benefited immensely as you claim.

Will wait to hear from you,
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by tuwon: 11:43am On Jul 02, 2008
this guy is obviously a budding 419er sending out feelers under the guise of trying to stop his type. i think the post about his been clueless and all sums it up. Wake up get a life
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by Tamipepple: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
Good or bad - end of story,
But i tell u choose the Good part, >
Re: Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2010
you people are even talking about firefox. The first tabbed browser i ever used was not firefox. it is called crazybrowser from www.crazybrowser.com. And it has been long before all these them firefox tabbed browsers. And as far as i know, it has been for almost 10years now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MyISAM Vs InnoDb - Featuring Relational Dbase With Php / Mysql / How To Get Countless Likes On Facebook / Fully Managed Semi VPS Server for High Traffic Sites - WordPress, e-Commerce etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.