Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

The Difference Between Christians And Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Christians And Muslims (1118 Views)

What Is The Population Between Christians And Muslims In Nigeria / What Are Some Reasons For The Animosity Between Christians And Muslims? / Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by mazaje(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2013
I have noticed that muslims are far better adherents of their religions than christians. Why is that so?. . .Once something is written in the Koran muslims follow it to the end, but when some thing is written in the bible christians just push it aside and always look for excuses not to obey it. . .

When the child marriage brouhaha came up, muslims all came out and supported the Koran and the hadiths. . .The prophet married a 9 years old child, to them he is the best human being that has ever lived, they support him and in very clear terms stated that they are not against early marriage if certain conditions are fulfilled or meet . . .

The bible for example is against gay marriage but christians will go round it and say things like who are they do judge the gays, god likes gays but dislike what they do(When the bible in some places has god sayig that gays should be killed). . .The bible in very clear terms is against women teaching in the church, but christians will dance around it, disobey it and find excuses. . .They have women teaching in churches when the bible says they should not. . .If Koran says women should not teach, muslims will abide by it, bible says so many things yet christians go against it. . .Why is that so?. . .

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Hey boss,

Your assessment is very flawed...obviously, you are looking at it from the 'balcony'.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by Sunymoore(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2013
My Oga long time.
this is all because of divisios ee have in our religions.
True christians are those that adheres to wjat bible says strickly, weda catholics or what ever.
But this problem is not syrickly to christian but also we muslims. I hopevyouvhave had shia n sunni problem all this while.
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by mazaje(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi: Hey boss,

Your assessment is very flawed...obviously, you are looking at it from the 'balcony'.

Yes boss,

Na for stadium I dey watch am ohh. . .
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
mazaje:

Yes boss,

Na for stadium I dey watch am ohh. . .

grin grin grin
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by PastorKun(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
True christianity is not a religion but islam is.

That aside there are two dispensations in the bible, the old covenant based on law and the new covenant based on grace. Christians are under grace so they are not bound to follow all laws written in the old testament.
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by bizmahn: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Excellent observation by a non christian.Spotted the major problem with christianity.A lot of xtians like to "pick & choose"what suites their wanton desires from the bible.Verses that demand total purity,sanctity,obedience,selfless service,self denial,suffering,endurance etc are either explained away as 'old testament requirement' or labelled 'legalistic' or where these two terms fail they tell you christ has done it all for us & we are required to do nothing else than have "faith" in christ while we enjoy however we like.This teaching has even created g'ay churches.Iniquity shall abound matt.24:12.
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by tpia5: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
Op

If you are neither then it doesnt concern you.

And do not foam at the mouth when responding to my post.
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
bizmahn: Excellent observation by a non christian.Spotted the major problem with christianity. A lot of xtians like to "pick & choose"what suites their wanton desires from the bible. Verses that demand total purity,sanctity,obedience,selfless service,self denial,suffering,endurance etc are either explained away as 'old testament requirement' or labelled 'legalistic' or where these two terms fail they tell you christ has done it all for us & we are required to do nothing else than have "faith" in christ while we enjoy however we like.This teaching has even created g'ay churches.Iniquity shall abound matt.24:12.

Excellent observation

Consider the following and let us know if Christ was also guilty of 'picking and chosing'?

Deuteronomy 22:22
New International Version (NIV)

22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

John 8:4-8
New International Version (NIV)

4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Just curious...if you were Christ would you have carried the law prescribed by Moses?
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by turnstoner(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pastor Kun: True christianity is not a religion but islam is.

That aside there are two dispensations in the bible, the old covenant based on law and the new covenant based on grace. Christians are under grace so they are not bound to follow all laws written in the old testament.

Baloney!
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by mazaje(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
tpia@:
Op

tpia@:
Op

I have told you to stop stalking me. . .Wetin?.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by free2ryhme: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
the former is a pacifist while the latter is a terrorist
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by Gday7(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
The Bible say, ‘‘z nt evry 1 who say to me LORD,LORD wil enter my kingdom“. Samy say i wil praise the LORD with all my heart,soul,boby etc with harbs lyric. DEBORA,ESTHER,MARTA work with GOD.
Re: The Difference Between Christians And Muslims by NewAlfa: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Just curious...if you were Christ would you have carried the law prescribed by Moses?

I don't think jesus cared a lot about moses. He just saw a damsel in distress and like the fast guy he is, he rescued her. The girl just naturally followed him around, applying oil to his legs and sensually drying it with her hair. If you think jesus was thinking of moses at those moments, then you must be smoking a sterner stuff than obadiah.

(1) (Reply)

Will Your Life Build A Memorial Before The Throne Of God? / Failed Trip To Marine World: Woman Trapped In Ezu River / Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.