Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Join A Software Army? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Join A Software Army? (5653 Views)

Is Freelancing As A Software Programmer Possible? / Cost & Requirements Of Setting Up A Software Productn Company / Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join A Software Army? by lordbenax(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2008
Hey I am back from my little hibernation, and i am thinking of recruiting a software army(actually , a team) to take on microsoft. Studied a lot of their monopoly and want to take them down. Are you with me?
Re: Join A Software Army? by davidt(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
I believe I dislike the Microsoft monopoly as much (or probably even more than you do), but how do you plan to achieve this goal of yours, anyway. I would say it's quite a lofty task and that is a massive understatement!
Re: Join A Software Army? by dapor(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2008
i am interested in goals like this. please let me know the 411 and i am available to be on the team as long as i have a good understanding of where you are going. u can reach me at dapson20002002@yahoo.co.uk.
live it up!
Re: Join A Software Army? by faoni572(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2008
This is a very good idea to think, even though i am still learning programming, i believe i can make an impart, i am interested contact me on ooniffrancis@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by websites: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2008
i am intrested. pls contact me on info@colcash.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by aphoe(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2008
i dont believe in all these. why not just define your own world and rule your world instead of chasing after uncle Bill company.

Uncle Phil (emeagwali) was said, in this life there are many rooms you can enter. Don't enter those whose doors are wide open, cos there will be a lot of people there already. dont try banging your head on those whose doors are closed. cos they might be permantly locked. but instead, look for those rooms whose doors are slightly open, there are usually very few people there, so there is a better chance of becomeing the king there

Please can you mention someone that made it in life by pulling down the leaders in his field
Re: Join A Software Army? by logica(m): 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2008
& how much expertise do u have in the domain 2 think u can accomplish this?
Re: Join A Software Army? by Jeovy(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2008
aphoe:

i don't believe in all these. why not just define your own world and rule your world instead of chasing after uncle Bill company.

Uncle Phil (emeagwali) was said, in this life there are many rooms you can enter. Don't enter those whose doors are wide open, because there will be a lot of people there already. don't try banging your head on those whose doors are closed. because they might be permantly locked. but instead, look for those rooms whose doors are slightly open, there are usually very few people there, so there is a better chance of becomeing the king there

Please can you mention someone that made it in life by pulling down the leaders in his field

None,true word man
Re: Join A Software Army? by blacksta(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2008
Please have in mind that mircosoft have a large stake or if not built the platform you will build on . What i would consider is how one can improve microsoft technology rather than fight them
Re: Join A Software Army? by javalove(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2008
i like guys that think like the poster, lets all agree its difficult that does not mean its not possible, We all can join heads together to brainstorm on the loop holes of M$, strengths and strategies to form a what could be a solution to M$'s monopoly. We might not get to implement it, but what of sending in our suggestions and then we make it a document pple can use for free, to achieve same.

my 2cents
Re: Join A Software Army? by angelchyke(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
It's alright guys! Great! And the fact that it's gonna be Nigerian? I'm game!!!!
Re: Join A Software Army? by wilkanah(m): 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2008
Bunch of idiots!!!
Re: Join A Software Army? by worldbest(m): 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
This would be an enormous task,but its achieveable.I'd like to be part of the team
Re: Join A Software Army? by worldbest(m): 12:01am On Jul 07, 2008
@wilkanah

Your Father!
Re: Join A Software Army? by angelchyke(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2008
No vulgar language allowed here, alright? Guys, the only way to a successful mastermind group is a complete sense of unity. So, let's be one guys. ANything is possible!!!
Re: Join A Software Army? by angelchyke(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2008
No vulgar language allowed here, alright? Guys, the only way to a successful mastermind group is a complete sense of unity. So, let's be one guys. ANything is possible!!!
Re: Join A Software Army? by worldbest(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2008
Ok.No vulgar words. Now what next?
Re: Join A Software Army? by simx1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hey Fellas!

Thats a good idea from the poster. Afterall monopoly is what makes a company thinks they can do any thing and always get away with it.
There is a BUT! You wont pull somebody down to make history or acomplish a task.

Microsoft already has a substitute. If today all of us want to let Microsoft go down by itself (not pulling them down) we'll just kiss windows goodbye and use more of the UNIX family OS like Linux. It's as simple as that. No pulling down, no angry emotions, just switch to LINUX and develop your software in Linux.

That is all. I guess the poster will do well if he thinks on recruiting a brigade of Open Source enthusiasts in our Community. In fact we can have something like Linux User groups as they have around the world.

THE ANSWER IS OPEN SOURCE
Re: Join A Software Army? by dapor(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2008
i am still waiting to hear from you but i'll prefer that you send it to dapo_java@hotmail.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by DualCore1: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
its not about aiming high, its about having enough momentum in tht weapon to shoot to the aimed height.

was just thinking of setting up a software dev team of guy and gurlz who just had the flare for dev sturvs.
Re: Join A Software Army? by Hayorbahmy(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2008
it's a big project that is achievable but it's going to take a lot of determination,passion and resources.
hence I dont think motivation should come from trying to break microsoft's monopoly, coz another coy might come up 2moro and spoil M$'s monopoly so what happens to the vision and passion.

But I think our passion should be fueled by a need to change the IT world and leave an indelible mark.

If we can redefine our goals, i am in, hayorbahmy@gmail.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by thehomer: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
As was previously mentioned, Linux and open source software are very viable alternatives. But you should understand that Microsoft is involved in many other business activities like their Office suite, MSNBC etc. Besides, I don't think building a business on a vision like "Let's take down Microsoft" is a good way to start a business.
Re: Join A Software Army? by sayhi2ay(m): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2008
if it is that easy to build an operating system, you think there wont be plenty in the world already ?
Re: Join A Software Army? by digitalman: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
THE ANSWER IS OPEN SOURCE

Foolish! OPEN SOURCE MY ASS!

who among you is realy a programmer. For your info, if you think you have what it takes to beat microsoft why not go ahead and prove it. why must you come to a forum and ask people to join forces with you to kill them.

programming entails engrossing and soacking yourself in deep thinking in order to make things happen. A noise maker can never be a good programmer. a good programmer must always make a difference.
Its not about conspiracy. Its about ingenuity.
Remember that if you come out with any software that is ground breaking now, even the so called microsoft will do everything to employ you and give you every support you need to make it better. Don`t you know that microsft has employees?
There are numerous area in programming which needs attention.
If any body can come up with good software on voice recognition/ speech generation that person will surely turn out to be the richest person to come.
If you want to use linux why dont you go ahead and enjoy it?. why cry when somebody else use 'worse' thing?

WINDOWS is the best thing ever to have happened to computer. Its fast , intelligent, reliable, secure, enjoyable/entertaining, easy, versatile, and friendly. Indeed it made people love computer and created a reliable platform for ordinary business to tap the power in computers.

The inspiration we get from Windows XP will help us develop even more powerful programs. But that will mean a very xtensive research and knowledge which this consiracy will not bring.

The ingenuity that can produce anything better than widows can never go unnoticed. why not show something to the world?
Re: Join A Software Army? by sayhi2ay(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2008
@digitalman

I beg to differ a little bit, your piece is great, but Windows Vista is not so reliable !!!

anyways, perhaps the poster thinks the usual application developing is not different from developing an operating system,

he should go learn how to code Processes and Threads and the maybe then would he realize how great the Microsoft guys are
Re: Join A Software Army? by digitalman: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2008
beg to differ a little bit,

Thanks man!

I agree with you on vista to some xtent.
Re: Join A Software Army? by Bassie(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2008
With no recent word from the author of this thread(Lordbenax),i think he has probably gone into another "hibernation" session.
Re: Join A Software Army? by ukwuomaku: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2008
hey! i am with u all the way,windows is explicitly reliable to UNIX,linux,applemacOS, Though there is a "but".nevertheless we can make a difference-ukwuomakk@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by lordbenax(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2008
Yo! Av quietly watched the replys on this post for the time being and to say i av laughed a lot just to see peoples reactions when MICROSOFT is mentioned. Seriously i see no difference between Bill Gates amd LORD Voldemort, just look at how he almost took Netscape Communications out(Read Netscape Time by Jim Clark & Om Edwards.) He is also quoted to have said "if i can push a button and blow up the internet i woud do it with joy", just because he dosen't av control ova the intenet like he has with desktops. I hope he neva finds the button. So what do you call that monopoly or friendship. Note : No hard beefs towards Uncle Bill
Re: Join A Software Army? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2008
yes i would love to know, what the software army are capable of producing causes, i,m not good in programming and would love to learn software programminng even if i have to pay with my last box , anyway, i,m gamed up, u could reach me on my yahoo box Tonicloz@yahoo.com. king j of enugu is on the rock,
Re: Join A Software Army? by El(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2008
If u've got the finance, no beef.
Re: Join A Software Army? by akinsho: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2008
am in

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. / My Just Completed Android E-voting App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.