Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Join A Software Army? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Join A Software Army? (5717 Views)

Is Freelancing As A Software Programmer Possible? / Cost & Requirements Of Setting Up A Software Productn Company / Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Join A Software Army? by emeke123(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
Not sure what you mean by software army,

But if you are looking for a software programer to do postive in our economy then count me in.

I have been a software programmer for 7 years,
Re: Join A Software Army? by akinsho: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2008
want to be a member
am an OCP
Re: Join A Software Army? by Greatone3(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
HI GUYS,
Does anybody know anything about this APTECH CERTIFIED COURSE Software Engineering Course. Though the cost of running the course is still moderate that is (1.5Million Naira), but does it worth the price,
Re: Join A Software Army? by sbucareer(f): 12:16am On Jul 31, 2008
Great-one :

HI GUYS,
Does anybody know anything about this APTECH CERTIFIED COURSE   Software Engineering Course.  Though the cost of running the course is still moderate that is (1.5Million Naira), but does it worth the price,

Are you mad? How can you pay such a fees for a 2-3 week course? You must be gullible. Most of this institutions has a prerequisite for their course. They assume you to have knowledge of the course. If you do, why don’t you study yourself? It would be nice if they help you get a job after successful graduation.

I don't know the tuition fees for Nigeria University but if you study BSc Software Engineer for 3-4 years, I am sure it will not cost you that much. Anywho, how do you suppose to understand software Engineering for 2-3 weeks? You must be a Mathematician to grasp that quick.

Certification of any exams is online; if you know your stuff just book for the cert yourself online. Besides, must of these institutions do not provide a pathway into employment, they only promise to help you find jobs with a CV workshop and your 1.5 Mill is gone. Good luck, maybe I should come back home and open an IT academy. I am really thinking of it now.
Re: Join A Software Army? by javaprince(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2008
@SBUCAREER
Pls check out www.naijadukes.net/jand/ . Its the new forum created for Java Nigerian Developers. Your wealth of experience will be needed to support the growth of the community at its infancy and after. Will give u more details later on.
Re: Join A Software Army? by tirex(m): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2008
I"m in too,though,i'm still learning visual C#.Net
Re: Join A Software Army? by gbolahan1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
You have a great vision, I'm yours already. Pls mail me on adesinagbenga@gmail.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by blackkabir: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
I'm ready any time day just e mail on ola014rel2000@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by beila05(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2008
count me in, you seemed to have maneged to read my grievances especially now that microsoft is at low ebb with their vista disaster cobtact me on deonondnet@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by beila05(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
count me in, you seemed to have managed to read my grievances especially now that microsoft is at low ebb with their vista disaster cobtact me on deonondnet@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by bayodaniel: 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2008
who can think for 3 hours non stop on one topic.
Re: Join A Software Army? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2008
thats how a guy a cam here boasting last year about an hackers forum,

Till today he's nowhere to be found, embarassed
Re: Join A Software Army? by lordbenax(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
I av't gone aniwhere i have being here watching all your posts, the beakdown of all this is that i am looking for competent programers 16-25 yrs, good in vb.net,java, c++ and any API technology and can work in a virtual office contact me thru my number 08027979364
Re: Join A Software Army? by worldbest(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
I work with C#

So what are we doing in this army thingy.

@poster

Tell us your next step huh?
Re: Join A Software Army? by experts: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2008
Am Abul by name, I stay in ABuja

I just came back online after many months absents.

i have been reading many reply concerning the posters view. soft army is a nice idea, although it wont be easy but it is possible.

well we dont need to start saying embarassing words to each other because we want to contribute and amake people see reason on our own view of the matter.

well or ur information, even the founder of microsoft is a destroyer, he destroy some one to stand. i.e he came our illegitimately and now we all see him as a ligitimate man,and if u want to bring anythng that concern him, many people believe u cant succed.

well as for me, it is not about bringing microsoft down, it is about creating some thing better, even if not better than microsoft product, but atleast let the product be effective and with that u can compete with him. that will make microsoft think and know there more thing to come from Nigeria. i swear if we can come out something that will compete with microsoft product it is a welcome ideal.

plz let all come together instead of critisizing the poster, lets think possible because nothing is inpossible.

plz i will want us all to to join the army soft and think possible. including those who believe its not possible, plz start thinking posible, because even microsoft think possible b4 starting and now he his a mega possible person, so let think, that what programming is all about., thinking, imagining, and no not jst about u, but about us, let think together, lets creat it together, let show the world we gat something.

But Note, It require alot of fund and time.

Plz Let One love keep us together.

Armysoftworld

Website Address: www. infotechexperts.org
E-mail Address: abdool@infotechexperts.org, discuswithmayor@yahoo.com

Phone Number: 08076976917 or 07036707507
Re: Join A Software Army? by experts: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
i am part of software army

abdul

lets start
Re: Join A Software Army? by mojojojo(m): 4:49am On Sep 08, 2008
I think the project is doomed from the beginning.
When Gates started his company he was not out to destroy any monopolies that existed at that time (IBM,LOTUS, e.t.c). He had a vision, a revolutionary product  and excellent marketing. Even though he was laughed at, he changed the world of computing as we know it.
Dreams are good. You should chart your own history and path, create your vision for the world and what you would like to see and then put an army together to achieve your objective.
Only then would you bring about the downfall of Microsoft.
Re: Join A Software Army? by Bassie(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
@mojojojo

Rightly Spoken!
Re: Join A Software Army? by worm360: 12:57am On Sep 10, 2008
hello guy if we say we want to beat MS that will not be possible. the only way is to write a OS that is independent lets say like LINUX its independent on its own so if we say we wanna beat MS GUYS we are in big shit cus MS has alot of hot stuffs (GUYS) who are crazy (that the way i put it) so there is no way we can beat MS down so just think of a way 9IJA can have its own OS then we encorage them to use it thats all

so lets get our own OS nd encorage oda 9ija 2 use it

peter josiah
josiah@infotechexperts.org, josiah4life@yahoo.com
Re: Join A Software Army? by vicero(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2008
The other dude that spoke about open source, really understands what the computing world is all about. Firstly, as Blacks not just that but Nigerians, what makes u guys think u can bring Bill gates or MS down? secondly, we are not a destructive set of people, Nigerians love to create. So therefore, i suggest we use this forum to enlighten people on how wonderful Linux and Unix can be, create a user group in Nigeria and make our own OS for us to be used by us. Remember what ever 9ja goes for, the whole west Africa just has too take, That, my friends, i think is the only way to stop the monopoly of Mr Gates. Fight brain,with brain and not brain with brawl. grin
Re: Join A Software Army? by worldbest(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
worm360:

hello guy if we say we want to beat MS that will not be possible. the only way is to write a OS that is independent lets say like LINUX its independent on its own so if we say we want to beat MS GUYS we are in big shit cus MS has alot of hot stuffs (GUYS) who are crazy (that the way i put it) so there is no way we can beat MS down so just think of a way 9IJA can have its own OS then we encorage them to use it thats all

so lets get our own OS nd encorage oda 9ija 2 use it

peter josiah
josiah@infotechexperts.org, josiah4life@yahoo.com

vicero:

The other dude that spoke about open source, really understands what the computing world is all about. Firstly, as Blacks not just that but Nigerians, what makes u guys think u can bring Bill gates or MS down? secondly, we are not a destructive set of people, Nigerians love to create. So therefore, i suggest we use this forum to enlighten people on how wonderful Linux and Unix can be, create a user group in Nigeria and make our own OS for us to be used by us. Remember what ever Nigeria goes for, the whole west Africa just has too take, That, my friends, i think is the only way to stop the monopoly of Mr Gates. Fight brain,with brain and not brain with brawl. grin

Excellent idea.I think thats the way to go about the issue of bring gates down.Because,Gate's OS is his major asset.Lets do something like this,if you think just building mere applications can go a long way,then we are obviously dulling ourselves.

my 2 cents
Re: Join A Software Army? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
vicero:

The other dude that spoke about open source, really understands what the computing world is all about. Firstly, as Blacks not just that but Nigerians, what makes u guys think u can bring Bill gates or MS down? secondly, we are not a destructive set of people, Nigerians love to create. So therefore, i suggest we use this forum to enlighten people on how wonderful Linux and Unix can be, create a user group in Nigeria and make our own OS for us to be used by us. Remember what ever Nigeria goes for, the whole west Africa just has too take, That, my friends, i think is the only way to stop the monopoly of Mr Gates. Fight brain,with brain and not brain with brawl. grin

Open Source is the solution. Sun Solaris OS is a good place to start
Re: Join A Software Army? by lordbenax(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2008
i av enjoyed all the post u guys sent in but the fact remains that bill gates is not a super programmer but a super business man. Now i am looking at it form both sides: through the programming and business aspect. My main aim is not to bring bill gates down (HE IS ONE OF MY ROLE MODELS). I want to build an application-software company that would put nigeria on the software technology map and match microsoft applications. You nid to read the recent speech by the Head of Microsoft West Africa during their recent search for more partners; "Microsoft wants to be the only competition in West Africa". Now thats annoying to me, and i wont let it happen. My team; Ephod Software Systems would stand and fight this good war and we have started. Fil free to hop in. Our Company Focus is simply irresitible.
Re: Join A Software Army? by ThePhantom(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2008
Funny, Even Google is still trying to beat Microsoft at it own game.

If you want his software army  thing to work, I think we have to get through some issue.

Issues I see.
Can we even agree on what to build?
What programming language?
Who is going to lead?
can you devote enough time?
Who is going to finance it?
how to deploy it?
etc,
Re: Join A Software Army? by BigStar1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2008
Hi, to me this is a very good idea, but many peolple misunderstood the concept.

It's not about pulling microsoft, but challanging the company.

For those that loss hope, remember that a rome was not built in a day. It's not when Bill Door or Gate started that he becomes what he's today.

Suppose people like Charles Darwin thought as many people think here, He won't have come up with THEORY OF EVOLUTION.

I don't give a damn!

We can do better!

Wish to join the team 08060678106, bigstar4sure@yahoo.com.

When we make it, all the doubting Thomas will surely come our way.
Re: Join A Software Army? by ThePhantom(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
Yes, it can be done. But can this software army do it.
Re: Join A Software Army? by BigStar1(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2008
ThePhantom:

Yes, it can be done. But can this software army done it.

Yes ! If you believe, you will achieve it. Let's plan it, and have it started.

Let's think of how to get the interested people, individual contributions.

Thanks.
Re: Join A Software Army? by lordbenax(m): 11:28am On Sep 23, 2008
Yo! The step is application-software not an operating system. Microsoft didnt build the Windows check the report on The GUI Confrence held at california 1999, send me your e-mail address to receive it, they only modified what the earlier proagrammers at seattle at built. Now the monopoly Microsoft enjoys is due to Apple's Macintosh mistake; The Company had just built a wonderful and first of its kind GUI OS- The Macintosh- then they fired Steve JOBS and refused to license the system to independent hardware makers. This cost them because Uncle Bill just moved with in his team and copied the whole thing and started licensing it, that was how their focused changed to the OS industry.

To challenge microsoft we nid to span across multiple OSes not just build a new one. Why is java still better than vb.net, because it serves a hosts of operating system. Think Possible and act possible. My Team would be going on launch January 12th next year, just watch out for what we have. We are not deciding to build OSes but applications, applications that challenge what OSes do. Imagine accessing your Home TV, Home kitchen etc from your office through your Home 2.0 application, it is just imaginations away.

Peace!!! I am still watching this thread

End Class
Re: Join A Software Army? by BigStar1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
I feel you lordbenax.

The imagination is very fantastic and feasible.

Please I wish to join the team
Re: Join A Software Army? by experts: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
lordbenax, abdul says great thinking.

for as long u can think possible, men for sure it shall be accomplished.[b]

(for those who belive Uncle bill is the lord, they are the followers of Ferros, but for us, we follow Moses.) he communicates directly to the Father. so u re our moses for thinking and bringing the idea and hope to feel the great acchievement of the Software Army

eversince, i know ur aim and i have always come along with u.

please keep posting to keep the real guy updated.

u can reach my mail and send me info.

abdool@infotechexperts.org

discuswithmayor@yahoo.com

One Love Software army Team.
Re: Join A Software Army? by binkabir(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
wink wink wink wink wink wink i think the best software army are those who try to enhance open source softwares, subsequently in the support and development of open source.
i started that first by migrating to linux (ubuntu) www.ubuntu.com then im in the course of producing softwares using python programming language and wxglade for GUI design.
all are free to download and distribute. this has help in deploying customized softwares for some companies in abuja. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Join A Software Army? by BigStar1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hi abdul, It's a pity i'm not getting any update from lordbenax.

I don't know if you do.

bigstar4sure@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field / Functional Programming For Java Programmer Scala Or Clojure? / JSP Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.