Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC (13140 Views)

Ribadu Visits Akande, May Defect To APC / 1000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kwara / 200 Acn Supporters Defect To Pdp In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by yusods(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2013

A Kwara State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the 2011 election, Alhaji Bala Lade, on Monday said no fewer than 5,000 members of APGA, loyal to the Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okoroacha, in Kwara State had defected to the All Progressives Congress.

During a media briefing in Ilorin to announce their defection, Lade described the APC as a viable and credible platform that would salvage Nigeria from its developmental, socio-economic, political and insecurity challenges.

He said he and other 10 members of the executives of APGA had been authorised to speak on behalf of the pro-Okorocha APGA members in the state, who defected to the APC.

Other members that attended the media briefing included the state Vice-Chairman of APGA, Alhaji Taye Abdulrasheed;the party’s former Kwara South Federal Constituency candidate for the House of Representatives, Olabode Obaoye; a former candidate of Irepodun State Constituency for the Kwara State House of Assembly, Muhammed Abubakar; another ex-candidate, House of Representatives (Kwara Central), Sikiru Ajinde; State Secretary, Olejide Adisa; Treasurer, Alaka Abubakar; ex-APGA member in Ilorin, Abdulrazaq Munir; a candidate for Kwara State House of Assembly, Ilorin North West, Wasiu Yahanya; State Youth Leader, Tajudeen Magaji; and Chief Whip, Alfa Kawu.

Lade said, “The numerical strength of a group of pro-Okorocha APGA in Kwara State embracing this merging process of APC, including all the Ndigbos that believe in the struggle, the entire APGA members loyal to Okorocha in the 16 LGs numerically should not be less than 5,000.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/okorochas-kwara-supporters-defect-to-apc/
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by braine(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
APC is the party to be with. They made the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by omiobo: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
Best decision. All we need is two party system.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Lordlexy: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
I see more politicians who wanted a true sense of value, principle, standard defecting to Apc in mass. After all, the governors of apc have shown us what purposeful leadership is and what it means to judiciously use state funds to better the lots of their citizens. I see pdp going into oblivion or extinction to a point of no return. A party synonymous with corruption. No matter the smear campaign against Apc, it is cristal clear that, day by day they are waxing strong. For pdp is, good riddance to bad rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by doncaster(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
So APGA has supporters in kwara? Was thinking its only Igbo tin.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Napoleondegreat: 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
We will appoint another APGA excos in kwara state to replace the unfaithful ones that just defected to Apc.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Olumidzti(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
I think they have a better chance than apga. But you still can't deny that every man is selfish so okorocha has a reason for joining apc..
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by alaoeri: 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
Welcome development, APC waxing stronger.
2015 APC Aso Rock straight.
GEJ Otueke straight.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by killuminati(m): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
smiley
wink
tongue
cool

Haters grab a high tension pole for a nice sweet hug! Farewell!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by nkpommpko(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
I just need light if apc can give me that lite then so be it, apc its period!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by JOEizu: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
WHAT BROUGTH ABoUT OKOROCHA IN THIS TOPIC??

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mmm I just dey observe
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by mployer(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Consolation news. Good for una sha. A handful of Igbo petty traders gathered together in kwara and it made news...mtchew. angry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by braine(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
JOEizu: WHAT BROUGTH ABoUT OKOROCHA IN THIS TOPIC??

It seems like he's the best or the most popular candidate they've ever produced.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Na them sabi
The most painful thing is some jobless Nigerians will come here and start fighting nw.
Giving themselves headache over useless tribal wars, claiming to be representing igbos and yorubas.
Thunder fire anybody that claims he is representing my tribe or that he/she is speaking for us.
FOOLS ON NAIRALAND

Moderator pls don't hide this post, I'm not referring to anybody in particular.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Okijajuju1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
Be not decieved... The Gods are not mocked...

Anyi gba cha os, anyi'a gu'o mile..

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Wsdm: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
alaoeri: Welcome development, APC waxing stronger.
2015 APC Aso Rock straight.
GEJ Otueke straight.
A decade plus is enough to test the seriousness of a political party. As PDP has performed bellow expectations, even if APC may not also meet our target of good leadership, let us try them first. The coming of APC should have given any serious ruling party warning to start performing. Instead, they are busy begging the very bad people that destroyed Nigeria to join them in remaining in power. Example IBB, Abdulsalam, theophilus Danjuma and Obassanjo of all people.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by mployer(m): 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
At times like dis I miss Tonto news on NL fp. angry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by thetrustworthy: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
I must mark down today's date.two of my posts gracing front page.PDP MUST GO AND NOT RETURN
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Tsmooth1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Dreal1247: 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
THE BIGGEST LIE OF THE CENTURY. With what Fashola is doing to Igbos in Lagos state, this is not possible.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by agitator: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
ok
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by gregg2: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Fools, they will all run again to the PDP before 2015 elections
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Sanusi0301(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
APC ON RAMPAGE
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Fazhy: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
Getting interesting.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by slimming: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
wonderful kwara.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by valdubem(m): 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
m-ployer:
Consolation news. Good for una sha. A handful of Igbo petty traders gathered together in kwara and it made news...mtchew. angry

Must you show ur stupidity in all the threads?? Na wa for U oo
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Chimaobikalu(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
braine: APC is the party to be with. They made the right decision.
. Right decision in what aspect ?.
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by meforyou1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
Has okorocha himself openly declared for apc?
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
cool
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by bismarck: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
This man Bala Lade is a very unserious person. In fact this report didn't surprise me cos he has no biz being in politics in the first place. His defection to APC should be a very big PLUS for APGA in Kwara State
Re: Okorocha's Kwara Supporters Defect To APC by Lagosbabe1: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Welcome news!!! Haters will hate and we will continue to progress!! UP APC grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Announces Ibrahim Oloriegbe Winner Of Kwara Central Senatorial Seat / Blessing Edet In Court For Allegedly Defaming Governor Udom Emmanuel / Buhari To Probe Arms Purchase Under Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.