Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? (3578 Views)

ASUU Strike: Imsu ASUU Commences Strike / ASUU Strike Commence In Lautech? / Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Euroclydon(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
The ASUU strike has been ongoing for a long while now... Now let us look at who suffers...WE do! Inasmuch as the strike is meant to address certain grievances bothering the Union and staff allowances... I believe it has been prolonged for too long... So pls what is your opinion? Must they be given the 92billion for we wards to return to school or they should concede to a certain level for our educational sector to be removed from stagnancy...i also learnt that ASUP would soon follow suit... so where are we headed?
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by BadAttitude(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
The whole charade is a huge joke to the chagrin of the poor Nigerian student almost lagging behind their peers at private institutions.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by usmanyaro17: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
I don't how serious ASUU is when they are asking for the pocket allowance of 92 billion Naira, hiding under the guise general education lapse, now their hypocrisy is gradually manifesting..

1 Like

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Olanlere11: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
People must make sacrifices for the country to grow. Some may have to give up their time, expertise, allowances, selfish ambitions and so on.
Today we are talking about cutting down recurrent Expenditure, yet people want 92billion to be paid in allowance. It's outrageous. We have to look inward and see how capital expenditure ACN be prioritise. For me, everybody should shed some forms of allowances.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by girlkell(f): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU, I really don't see how increasing your allowance helps improve the state of the universities undecided
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Euroclydon(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
girlkell: ASUU, I really don't see how increasing your allowance helps improve the state of the universities undecided

Nice one girlkell.... No be small thing o....and the funny thing is the magnitude of the increment.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
I heard FG conceeded to ASUU's demand already,or its just rumours
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Kanwulia: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
HELL NO!
Time to implement ONLINE DEGREES IN NIGERIA.
Enough of these so-called lecturers!
AKA TOUTS! kiss

Nor be ASSSSSUUUU teach this RETIRED ITALIAN-NIGERIAN woman from THE DEAD HEARTBEAT OF NIGERIA how to read? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quT33KJBSRY
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by orgasticdance: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
No. Throwing money at a problem will never get you a solution. the whole naija eductaional system has to be revamped from the bottom up. Even if you give ASUU 1 trillion dollars, it won't address the core issues bedeviling the system.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
N92B for only lecturers for one year, how many dem be sef?
or i'm i missing something?
Is the infastructural upgrading and academic/research sponsorship included too?
SOMEBODY ANSWER ME! angry
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by BabaAlabi: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
It's only in Nigeria that lecturers take pride in students failing courses....the whole education system is immersed In corruption.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Nenyeluv(f): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU are so insatiable. imagine how there are making we the great leaders of tomorrow feel like,,,, dis country disgust me
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by mekaboy(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
I think the 92billion should be shared to the students let everyone use their share and fend for themselves. Its not like there are jobs out there when the graduate or they can defend what they learn in the schools governed by ASS-UU.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by citizenisb: 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
"The military events of both World Wars have proved anew that the capitalistic countries are paramount also in armaments production. No foreign aggressor can destroy capitalist civilization if it does not destroy itself. Where capitalistic entrepreneurship is allowed to function freely, the fighting forces will always be so well equipped that the biggest armies of the backward peoples will be no match for them. There has even been great exaggeration of the danger of making the formulas for manufacturing “secret” weapons universally known. If war comes again, the searching mind of the capitalistic world will always have a head start on the peoples who merely copy and imitate clumsily." - Ludwig von Mises, Human Action
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by stint(m): 12:14am On Aug 15, 2013
This whole news of
''ASUU wants 92 billion when we are trying to cut recurrent expenditure'' is just Jona's attempt to turn Nigerians against ASUU. unfortunately, from what you guys are saying, its obvious their plan is working.
Our politicians earn a lot more than their counterparts abroad, while our lecturers earn far less than their counterparts abroad. Now our politicians want to cut recurrent expenditure and they are asking ASUU to be the one to make the sacrifice. All this is not as painful as seeing that our so called elites are stupid enough to support the Government. too many mumus in this country.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Stiphler: 12:59am On Aug 15, 2013
everyday what we keep hearing is: we held a meeting, negotiations are going on...blah-blah-blah. Now we know it is because of N92b...initially they made it sound like only N12,500. Nobody is talking about improving our learning conditions in overcrowded lecture halls. Its only the earn allowance that they are very hot on. FYI improving labs and stuff is the 9th and last item on their "vision 20/20" list. In 2009 the hottest item was the age adjustment when most of them were 63-64. Govt obliged and every Ade and Ada was happy and went back to school. Now exactly 4yrs later...if you do the math right, most of them are now 67-68 yr old so there's nothing to loose actually. so that's why that N92b is a MUST before govt retire their sorry old rumple faces...
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Kingspin(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2013
The money is too much.ASUU should go and collect the money from corruption politicans. They are the ones holding money..Nigerians should join ASUU to demand that corruption stop in Nigeria than FG will have enough to reach all sectors including the education sector. ASUU should put their university activities in order.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
They should give whatever they want,all i want is 2 go bck 2 school!!
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by bizgen: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2013
ASUU should be scrapped.i have always said they constitute the biggest problem in the universities.they only care about themselves.why don't they fight for improved infractrure in the universities but rather hey want to spend money like politicians.when they argue they compare what they get to what politicians get if we all insist on getting what politicians get dis country will be a standstill.i am not holding justfying the looting by the politicians here but for ASUU they are thieves.
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by J0nyb0y(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2013
ASUU should calm down. They said the money is for lecturers overtime bt it would end in their p0cket. Thieves..
Re: ASUU STRIKE: Do You Think They Must Be Given N92billion? by Euroclydon(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
bizgen: ASUU should be scrapped.i have always said they constitute the biggest problem in the universities.they only care about themselves.why don't they fight for improved infractrure in the universities but rather hey want to spend money like politicians.when they argue they compare what they get to what politicians get if we all insist on getting what politicians get dis country will be a standstill.i am not holding justfying the looting by the politicians here but for ASUU they are thieves.

Good comment.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ndigbo May Not Vote APC In 2015 Elections. / See The 10 Poorest States / Buhari On Al-jazeera: My children will school abroad, Tough Luck to others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.