Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,162 members, 7,845,823 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. (9108 Views)

I Was Called For An Interview From Strategic Outsourcing Ltd / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview / Your Qualifications & Experience (Company Considering IT Outsourcing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by taiwokehin(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
If you a casual worker you will take your time in reading the post no matter how long it may be. Its scarce to see a family without an unemployed graduate or a casual worker, its as bad as that. People keep praying for your promotion but deep down your mind you that can never happen. Casual worker don't get promotion, your experience can't be reckoned with when pursuing another job.

Nobody cares except when you are to compulsorily contribute to the purse of the stupid association that does not care about anything concerning you as contract staff.
This is common among polytechnic graduates and now cutting across to Bsc holder too.
FG, NLC, TUC, NUBIFFI, ASSIBIFI and all other bodies need to rise up to there responsibilities to save all contract staff or casual workers.
Mind you the casual worker holds the key operational and administrative positions in all this capitalist companies.
New business to venture into now is to become a recruiting firm to outsource for those companies. On a final note, we know the law and the truth, but the problem is the fear of the oga @ the top.

I see revolution. My right is my right.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by checkdate(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
i thought am the only Nigerian who is noticing this issue.
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by turl(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
mrpussylicker: RIP

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████▀▄▄▄▄░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░▄█░█▄██░█▄██░░░░▀█░░░

░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░▄░░░█░░░

░░░█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░

░▄█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█▀░░░

░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░

░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░

░░████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░

░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░

░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄░░

░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▀▀░░█▄░

░░░░░░░░░░▄█░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█░

░░░░░░░░░░█░░░▀▀░░░░░░░▀█░░░░█░

░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░

░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░

░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░

offtopic but...
yo
I just heard that yesterday..almost shed man tears....of all the characters to kill off
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Sircj(m): 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
the worst hit is construction coys esp those that owned by lebanese. but wat will someone do if d owner said he is not givin appointment letter? Any option?? Or those he refusd to staff
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by daylae(m): 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
most of these outsourcing companies are usually owned by people who can influence our laws and it's implementations. getting rid of indirect employment in Nigeria is a journey too far.
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by richbuky: 3:51am On Nov 28, 2013
U need to see the way these Asians treat casual workers. Even when these workers sustain permanent injury on the job, they are given peanuts and sent away. I pray a government really FOR the masses will arise soon!
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by dewize01(m): 4:49am On Nov 28, 2013
Pennywise: How can people be complaining about casualization in a country where true unemployment is in the neighborhood of 90%.

Half bread is better than no bread. A good policy of govt will fail if implemented at a wrong time. Companies, local and foreign should be encouraged through lax labor laws until the country reaches a reasonable level of commerce and industry before the govt intervenes with operational labor laws.

Otherwise these industries will simply move across the border and be exporter goods into Nigeria. Then, there will be no jobs let alone casualization.
I just wonder what your bases of resoning are!
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Aulor(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
flawless911: Who read dat?
No.. Seriously, who did
I did, u shld try reading 2...it won't kill u
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by lloydtruth: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2013
i perceive conspiracy between the private Sector and the Government, Government have failed to regulate the activities of the private Sectors which has brought the highest level of greed and modern slevary in Nigeria, while many work tirelessly a microscopic few chop tirelessly leading to the widening gap between the rich and the poor.
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Alfoasegh: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2013
There are highly skilled personnel who have been contract staff for up to 20yrs in the Oil & Gas sector especially in Shell (SPDC) Nigeria . A good number of them occupy very key positions in the establishment but are paid peanuts at tthe end of the day with no terminal benefits whatsover. They perpetuate this by issuing employment letters through manpower contractors every January for a 1-year contract which expires every December 31st. By January the following year, the whole ritual is repeated again and again leaving a good number of them frustrated, dejected and demoralized year in year out. I have a brother who is in this situation as I type.
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by mustaphagreens(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2013
flawless911: Who read dat?
No.. Seriously, who did
I did and i understood every word of it. Lazy bones learn not to be put off by the volume of a write up but by its content, you never can tell what u might gain from it after all tongue
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by awesomeness(f): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: I can't believe people are still complaining over casualization in Nigeria. embarassed

I guess the problem is with our largely unskilled, and inadequately-educated workforce. Nigerian workers should think more about being personally productive, and less about a company that'll provide them with lifetime employment.
If everybody is personally productive
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by awesomeness(f): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: I can't believe people are still complaining over casualization in Nigeria. embarassed

I guess the problem is with our largely unskilled, and inadequately-educated workforce. Nigerian workers should think more about being personally productive, and less about a company that'll provide them with lifetime employment.
If everybody is personally productive, who will work for the other or who will buy each others' product?
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by awesomeness(f): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2013
satellitedaisy: I neither read nor understand english. Who will help me undecided
How were you able to write in english since u neither read nor understand?
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Talie2kiss(f): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
God help us
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Tomoarika(m): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is a very serious topic and pple are here saying they can't be bothered to read d whole write up. I bet d pple saying these are our dear students who haven't (yet) experienced dis. Just pray you don't experience it.
I served in a bank and after my youth service, I was retained on a "contract" basis. I did it for a few months before I realised that there was no future in it and I ran away from it.
In banks, it's a source of cheap (some may say unskilled) labour. In Oil and Gas and Telecoms industries you can get skilled personnel doing it for short periods (not always).
It is something dat shd be done away with as far I'm concerned.
Re: Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing. by Qyubee(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
[/quote]
richbuky: U need to see the way these Asians treat casual workers. Even when these workers sustain permanent injury on the job, they are given peanuts and sent away. I pray a government really FOR the masses will arise soon!
. so tru! I c conspiracy with govt / labour officials

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mainone Cable Nigeria Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Currently Recruiting Experienced Tellers!!!!!!! / Pls Help Me To Solve This Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.