Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

. . . - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . . . (6575 Views)

Stop Your Family From Changing PHCN Cutout Manually! Get Automatic Phase Changer / At What Point In A Relationship Phase Should You Let Old Intimate Friends Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . . . by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
chaircover:

LOL, you ladies should calm yourselves. Please dont worry. What you are feeling is normal. It's even good, because it shows that you take the marriage institution very seriously, you want the best for you and your husbands & you def want it to work.

Do your homework, choose the right man, have the right mindset and you will be fine kiss

aluta sure babes! send me a PM smiley

I didn't even read your post before making mine
You are indeed wise Beyond your years.
Re: . . . by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: . . . by TV01(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
jidegirl12: TV did you or did not go for marriage counselling before you tie the knot with Mama JR??

Be objective for once please.

No, l did not. Otherwise l would not have asked?

I'd really appreciate thoughts here. And answers to my questions as posed would be great.

Thanks

TV
Re: . . . by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: . . . by LewsTherin: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^@CC I used to attend Family Worship Center in Abuja and they have a very well organised Pre Marital Counselling program. It's run as group sessions by couples who are not "pastors" but have had formal training in Christian Pre Marital Counselling. Believe you me, that 8-week program makes a whole lot of a difference in a marriage. But then this is where the human factor comes in. Counselling is only beneficial if BOTH couples are willing to live by what they've learned.

I am forever grateful that I had PMC because I know the value it has added to my marriage.
Re: . . . by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
LewsTherin: ^^^@CC I used to attend Family Worship Center in Abuja and they have a very well organised Pre Marital Counselling program. It's run as group sessions by couples who are not "pastors" but have had formal training in Christian Pre Marital Counselling. Believe you me, that 8-week program makes a whole lot of a difference in a marriage. But then this is where the human factor comes in. Counselling is only beneficial if BOTH couples are willing to live by what they've learned.

I am forever grateful that I had PMC because I know the value it has added to my marriage.
I know another couple who took pmc there and their personal writeup after a year of marriage really showed that it helped them.

A good foundation seems to be paramount - saves you a lot of fire-fighting.

I wish those married with faulty foundations fully realise the effects fire-fighting for them has on other people, even the firefighters get burned.

This year alone some people's wahala almost turn me paranoid, sleepless nights almost failed exams etc.
Re: . . . by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: . . . by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: . . . by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2013
Me I didn't do any PMC, I just knew it was right and hit it.

No tears shed because I was leaving my family for a new one!

No overnight thought that I may be entering one chance.

At that time, even his imperfection was perfect.

Now am in, I just live life to the full.

Whatever I get, I take charge.

Pls, one more thing.....dwell mostly in his positive attribute so long it outweighs the negative.

And make out your "u" time.

My " me" time is poker night with friends....just spice things up and see you guys going stronger
Re: . . . by onlyme07(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Good you're about to get married or already said I DO..i can't believe a married or about to get married lady using those insultive words..

Ma'am,now you have a lesson to learn from the post you quoted me..it's also a test case for you to know marriage is not a child's play and you put the right pegs into the right hole( if you haven't said I DO). A yoruba mother would always tell her daughter in your shoes that "ile oko, ile eko ni " meaning your husband's house is another school entirely. No teacher, you have to do test and exams which you must pass for a certificate which is your happy home.

Mothers or mothers to be do not abuse people,they advice and make corrections.. Happy married life!
Re: . . . by onlyme07(m): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Phema:

You are very silly!! Will you get off my thread?? This thread doesn't harbour people like you. Go back to that one that you spewed thrash. Thank you!

You don't need to be mad Ma'am. Take the piece of advice and be a wise woman.
Re: . . . by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When Your Enemy Comes To Apologize In Your Dream? / A Bad Wife Makes A Bad Mother / Waking Up With Three Unexplained Scratches On My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.