Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion (11946 Views)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / Introducing Buhari Kerosene At N50/litre / Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by HookesLaw: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2013
The Lagos State Tenders Board has awarded no fewer than 69 capital projects proposed under the 2013 budget, which will gulp a whopping cost of N50.216 billion, although the state capital expenditure in the fiscal year was N269.376 billion.

The detail of the 69 contracts, which were awarded between January and May, was contained inthe Lagos State Government Procurement Journal, recently launched to deepen a culture of transparency and accountability in the state.

Some of the capital projects under the review include upgrading of roads within the Apapa Central Business District and reconstruction of Lagos House, Marina Phase II (external car parksand associated works) awarded to Julius Berger Plc at N17 billion and N640 million respectively.

Other projects listed in the journalinclude rehabilitation of Bishop Aboyade Cole Street, Sir Samuel Manuwa Street and Abimbola Awoniyi Close, Victoria Island, awarded to Hitech Construction Company at a cost of N2.06 billion.

Likewise, the state tenders’ board awarded construction of Josemaria Escrivia/Whitesands Secondary School in Eti-Osa Local Government to Rover ConstructionNigeria Limited at N1.02 billion to be completed in 12 months.

Also, the renovation of Staff Quarters at Epe General Hospital at N142.5 million; completion of the new Magistrate Court at Ogba at N583 million and completion of Adisa Ajibulu with Bridge in Oshodi at N840 million were also awarded.

While the reconstruction of Isashi Road in Ojo Local Government was awarded to CGC Nigeria Limited at N2.5 billion to be completed in 18 months, the completion of the rehabilitation of Obafemi Awolowo Road, Phase II in Ikorodu to Arab Contractors was awarded at a cost of N1.95 billion.

The completion of Ariyo, Ira-MuwoBridge in Ojo was awarded to Lopek Engineering and Construction Limited at N1.288 billion as the construction of Abule Ado Road, Phase II in AmuwoOdofin at N1.03 billion to Impact Solution Limited and the construction of Karimu Laka and Bamishile Street in Alimosho was awarded to Cedar Procuring and Engineering Limited at N1.12 billion.

Also, the construction of Ogunfayo Access Road/Chief Moshood Adebayo Road in Ibeju Lekki was awarded to Metropolitan Construction Company at a cost of N1.85 billion with 12 months completion, while the construction of access road from Badagry Landfill to Kese was awarded to Banci Nigeria Limited at N1.2 billion.
Source:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-awards-69-capital-projects-at-n50-billion/156349/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by scribble: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2013
OMG! Julius Berger don over hammer

second straight day where i was first to comment.

how can i get in touch with Fashola?

I have $50 million that i want to invest.

-_-

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Yorubest: 7:35am On Aug 15, 2013
We don't have time for frivolities

We mean business

We will continue to develop our region and this is no license for those who choose not to develop theirs to keep trooping in

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 15, 2013
Misplaced priorities
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Kairoseki77: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Building roads and infrastructure is a misplaced priority?

Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by ba7man(m): 7:57am On Aug 15, 2013
Fashola has been working....Drove round Surulere yesterday night and almost all the major streets had sidewalks and street lights.

I linked Ikorodu road and it was also well lit at night....Till i linked up to the FG road leading from Oshodi to Ibadan Express and darkness resumed.

He need to replicate this in Alimosho-Ayobo axis too.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2013
Kairoseki77: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Building roads and infrastructure is a misplaced priority?

Ok.
yes it is a misplaced priority but erecting anti-rumour mongering billboards is a laudable project

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by rozayx5(m): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2013
good one, hope the contractors deliver
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2013
building roads only is nt the major problem of lagos.the need to check and develop other sectors
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by jonescyras(m): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2013
Good move...

.1000 LIKES for GOV. FASHOLA.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by kennyonthrone(m): 9:14am On Aug 15, 2013
I will comment only wen the projects are completed........anyway shaa Fashola is tryin but am sure he is eyeing dat golden seat 4 Asorock.....mayb by 2019 bt i gat one tin 2 say 2 him....

DREAM ON NIGGA....u aint gonna pay 4 dat

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by rallymento(m): 9:14am On Aug 15, 2013
God dey noni! No be small matter
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by IYANGBALI: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2013
Yorubest: We don't have time for frivolities

We mean business

We will continue to develop our region and this is no license for those who choose not to develop theirs to keep trooping in
they don't even have a place to call their home anymore,erosion don finish their land,awon omo ale.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2013
I love it wen my dad makes fp with his laudable achievements. pls support us for presidency!!
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Babaneh(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2013
i have always said that fashola is not only the governor of lagos but the president of nigeria cos all the tribes in nigeria are present in lagos. kudos to u FASH. EKO ONI BAJE O

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by whisper88(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2013
C wat GEJ caused angry
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Kairoseki77: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2013
LASG succeeds with 77% of its budget derived from internal sources.

Success!
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by xynerise: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2013
What about Lekki-Ajah road along Tipper garage?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Arsenate(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2013
Fashola is truly working. Well, I live in lagos so I know what I'm saying.
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by naptu2: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2013
PRAISE GOD!!! Bishop Aboyade Cole Street!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by vizboy(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2013
Ok

A rich man looked through his window and saw a man picking something from his dustbin,he said thank God i am not poor.
The poor man looked and saw a naked man misbehaving on the street, he said thank God i am not mad.
The mad man looked and saw an Ambulance carrying a corpse to the mortuary, he said thank God i am not dead.
In any situation give thanks to God. •If you are grateful just type"Thank you God" only if you mean it

2. Musa goes into a library to ask for a book on suicide. He met with Akpors the Librarian.

MUSA: Please do you have a book on suicide?

AKPORS: Wetin you wan read that kind book for?

MUSA: I wan commit suicide!

Akpors stares at him for a while and says, “Abeg comot for here! Who go come return the book!?”

follow us on www.facebook.com/laughwithmedotcom

OR bookmark us @ www.jokeslip..com for more

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by ichidodo: 9:23am On Aug 15, 2013
Yes, yes, award and build for us, eko onibaje for the igbos lai lai
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 15, 2013
How come it's always Lagos?

I guess it's safe to say Nigeria has only one city and a lot of villages! grin

Hopefully, by year 2050, other places in naija would start following Lagos' lead. tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Babaneh(m): 9:24am On Aug 15, 2013
eko oni baje, kudos to the president of nigeria. dnt be suprise i know what i am saying
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Tsmooth1(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2013
Why all d post weh I comment on never reach frntpage yet?
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by uglybugz: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2013
Stop talking like this! That isn't the solution to our problems,its time to be the bigger man.
I admire Fashola,he and a few others are worthy of emulation,with his like there is hope for Nigeria.
Yorubest: We don't have time for frivolities

We mean business

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Killingp: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2013
HookesLaw: The Lagos State Tenders Board has awarded no fewer than 69 capital projects proposed under the 2013 budget, which will gulp a whopping cost of N50.216 billion, although the state capital expenditure in the fiscal year was N269.376 billion.

The detail of the 69 contracts, which were awarded between January and May, was contained inthe Lagos State Government Procurement Journal, recently launched to deepen a culture of transparency and accountability in the state.

Some of the capital projects under the review include upgrading of roads within the Apapa Central Business District and reconstruction of Lagos House, Marina Phase II (external car parksand associated works) awarded to Julius Berger Plc at N17 billion and N640 million respectively.

Other projects listed in the journalinclude rehabilitation of Bishop Aboyade Cole Street, Sir Samuel Manuwa Street and Abimbola Awoniyi Close, Victoria Island, awarded to Hitech Construction Company at a cost of N2.06 billion.

Likewise, the state tenders’ board awarded construction of Josemaria Escrivia/Whitesands Secondary School in Eti-Osa Local Government to Rover ConstructionNigeria Limited at N1.02 billion to be completed in 12 months.

Also, the renovation of Staff Quarters at Epe General Hospital at N142.5 million; completion of the new Magistrate Court at Ogba at N583 million and completion of Adisa Ajibulu with Bridge in Oshodi at N840 million were also awarded.

While the reconstruction of Isashi Road in Ojo Local Government was awarded to CGC Nigeria Limited at N2.5 billion to be completed in 18 months, the completion of the rehabilitation of Obafemi Awolowo Road, Phase II in Ikorodu to Arab Contractors was awarded at a cost of N1.95 billion.

The completion of Ariyo, Ira-MuwoBridge in Ojo was awarded to Lopek Engineering and Construction Limited at N1.288 billion as the construction of Abule Ado Road, Phase II in AmuwoOdofin at N1.03 billion to Impact Solution Limited and the construction of Karimu Laka and Bamishile Street in Alimosho was awarded to Cedar Procuring and Engineering Limited at N1.12 billion.

Also, the construction of Ogunfayo Access Road/Chief Moshood Adebayo Road in Ibeju Lekki was awarded to Metropolitan Construction Company at a cost of N1.85 billion with 12 months completion, while the construction of access road from Badagry Landfill to Kese was awarded to Banci Nigeria Limited at N1.2 billion.
Source:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-awards-69-capital-projects-at-n50-billion/156349/
at last brf remember isashi road. Thank God o.
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by onyeguy: 9:26am On Aug 15, 2013
Ebig22: n

Hey listen my dear, next time if you have nothing to be comment kindly leave the page rather then to write... N..
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Ezeibe(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2013
9ice 1 lasgidi...
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by dridowu: 9:29am On Aug 15, 2013
sheyie2007: Misplaced priorities
what is then d priority ?
Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by uwish: 9:30am On Aug 15, 2013
GOOD & WELLDONE JOB BUT WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS ALSO GOOD FOR DE GANDER, WE AT ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVT CAN NOT BOAST OF 3 COMPLETE CAPITAL PROJECTS BUT WHEN ELECTION IS COMING THEY WILL REMEMBER US. GOD DEY!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion by Italiano1: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2013
God Bless Lagos

Eko O ni Baje

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$200 Million Mosquito Nets Loan Request Was Not From Us ― NPHCDA / Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina / 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.