Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,876 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede (20775 Views)

Public Office Holders Cutting Salaries Are Hypocritical. - ELVIS SONNY / NASS N9bn Fallout: We’ll Reduce Our Salaries, Allowances – Saraki / Senator: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2013
T-john:
Why didn't Senator Akinyede, raise this alarm between 2007 and 2011, when he was there as Senator?
Now that my Daddy is collecting his own share, he is opening his dirty mouth. cry
abeg, nor pour sand for my garri

U dey mind am?
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Okeikpu(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2013
The wages of sin is death. Lets see whether all those billions ll follow dem to grave.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Jclement(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2013
Lordave: I guess this sinator is really tired of money
lolz tired of money abi ASUU student parentz wey dey heaven dn dey chase the man
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by MrAboki: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2013
[b]Now I am officially pissed off.. angry

Why all the uncertainties?!
Why cant one of these News papers exploit the FOI law and demand a comprehensive breakdown of a senators Salary, allowances, benefits, constituency project allocation and all other ssuch monies that they recieve?!

My problem with this type of news is that it only serves to just keep Nigerians busy debating in beer paloours and online forums. We have no concrete proof whatsoever on this matter. The news reporting can best be described as a 'rumour', with 'name witheld' people granting interviews.

Heres whats gonna happen as it did with the ALUU 4 story, Faruok Lawan story, Fuel Subsidy story, Police Pension scam story, e.t.c..

1. We will keep seeing news on this matter for a while until it becomes boring and over flogged.
2. Nigerians will debate and redebate and curse and swear and rant and do all these all over again, all in the comfort of their living rooms, cars, offices, beer palours, salons, e.t.c..
3. The Media will find the next big breaking story and do what they do best, abandon the old and move to the new.
4. Nigerians will also follow the media wherever they go.

And before you know it, the country becomes a nation of unresolved issues dating over 40 years. Examples include;

a. Babangidas 12.4 Billion dollar oil windfall loot - Happened over 20 years ago - Still unresolved.
b. Kudirat Abiolas Murder - 1996 (17years ago) - Still unresolved.
c. Odi Massacre - 1999 (12 - 13 years ago) - Still Unresolved.
d. Pa. Alfred Rewane Assasination - 1995 (18years ago) - Unsolved.
e. Marshall Harry assasination - 2003 (10 years ago) - Unsolved.
f. Bola Ige assasination - 2001 (12 years ago) - Unsolved.
g. Amina Soari Dikibo assasination - 2004 (9 years ago) - Unsolved.
h. Ex. Governor Peter Odilis corruption cases - 2007-till-date (6 years and counting) - Unresolved Rather his wife was made a supreme court judge
i. Fuel Subsidy scam - Revealed in 2012 (Over 1 year and 8 months now) - Unresolved.
j. Farouk Lawan Bribery scandal - 2012 - Unresolved Infact, he is back in the house of reps..
k. NNPC scandal report on KPMG - 2011 - Report killed & Buried (Infact, NNPC Offices in Lagos and other places were torched by arson to conceal evidence)
l. 55 Million Naira Education Ministry Budget Scandal (Involving Senate President Adolphus Wabara, Osuji and others.)
m. 1 billion Naira Ikoyi housing scandal - 2005 - Still Unresolved.
n. Aluu 4 lynching - 2012 - Still Unresolved.
o. Halliburton 180million U.S dollar scandal Involving Atiku - Unresolved.
p. Bribe-for-job Scandal (Involving over 10 Federal Government agencies & enities) - Unresolved.
q. Patricia Etteh's 685 Million naira contract scam - Never resolved.
r. Dimeji Bankole over 1 Billion Dollar scam - Unresolved..

e.t.c.....

So why do we even bother?!

Waiter!! Waiter!!!! Bring me 2 shots of Manpower, 2 Lemongrass, 1 bottle of Alomo and 1 bullet make I take wash eye this morning..
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by anonimi: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2013
The issue of OVERpaying NONperforming political office holders and their accompanying political jobbers who also do nothing beyond organising girls for their bosses needs to STOP for us to make any meaningful progress and start placing value on hardwork.

3 Likes

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by talktimi(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2013
This is a situation i expected our so called "progressive" members of the national assembly to move a motion for a reduction in the salaries and emoluments of them & their colleagues if not they have nothing to offer we common Nigerians that we're not already seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2013
D retardinho/shepoptamus 'll rather remove subsidy to further impoverish d masses than slash his/cohorts outrageous salaries!
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by arent88(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2013
This so called senator akinyade could only admit it.since he is no longer among d group of vultures callin themselves senators.eatin up our common wealth
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Caseless: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2013
Lordave: I guess this sinator is really tired of money
hahaaha...i just fall off my multimillion dolla yacht. They'r sinators and not sinners.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by anonimi: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2013
talktimi: This is a situation i expected our so called "progressive" members of the national assembly to move a motion for a reduction in the salaries and emoluments of them & their colleagues if not they have nothing to offer we common Nigerians that we're not already seeing.

They are only "progressive" with their EMPTY words and campaign PROMISES.
They cannot compare with REAL progressives such as the late sage, Awolowo or his UPN associates.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Anniettieufia(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2013
I was really asking myself why our federal lawmakers couldn't learnt their voices to this ASUU's matter , now i note one of the reasons,

Who says there is law in this country ?
Who says the senators are serving the people ?
Who says there can be positive growth among such spending ?
Who says vision 20-20-20 is an attendable Agenda ?
Corruption,Corruption,Corruption is smelling among our leaders.
Which Way Out ?
If not the fear of The Lord ?
Lord, we really need Your help .

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Shantyken(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2013
only 1 way out 'all youth(grad,undagrad,illitrate,semi-illitrate) should revolt nt by showin ur anger here NL,d NANS/SUGs of different SCHs should go on air givin dem time frame for reductn in dia pay or naija wil b second CAIRO' i rest my suggestion
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by fedimol: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2013
ceejay80: all we need is a civil war and all dis rubbish go end

As much as I hate what the senators do, God forbid that there should be war again. You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you seen Egypt and the Middle East? Tune to CNN or Sky to get a slight idea.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by bakynes(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2013
Nigerians are cowards I repeat Nigerians are cowards.Even in developed countries where they don't ve basic problems like ours they still revolt against their governments.We dey here they complain instead of acting.Anyway we know our problem,the military are with the Politicans/Leaders if we revolt today Army go begin kill pple and naija pple nobody wan die.The day the military support the masses we will hunt for these leaders heads.These guys know say we dey fear military,we ve called for dealth penalty for all corrupt leaders but we know they can't do it since its against dem.

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by DoffMan2: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
eGuerrilla:

SOurce

Good man!

Now, lead a campaign to remedy it!!
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Sweetlemon(f): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
The man is admitting it now because he's out of office. Why didn't he say so while still collecting his salaries and allowances and all other egunje?

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by tunlex01(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Now I am officially pissed off.. angry

Why all the uncertainties?!
Why cant one of these News papers exploit the FOI law and demand a comprehensive breakdown of a senators Salary, allowances, benefits, constituency project allocation and all other ssuch monies that they recieve?!

My problem with this type of news is that it only serves to just keep Nigerians busy debating in beer paloours and online forums. We have no concrete proof whatsoever on this matter. The news reporting can best be described as a 'rumour', with 'name witheld' people granting interviews.

Heres whats gonna happen as it did with the ALUU 4 story, Faruok Lawan story, Fuel Subsidy story, Police Pension scam story, e.t.c..

1. We will keep seeing news on this matter for a while until it becomes boring and over flogged.
2. Nigerians will debate and redebate and curse and swear and rant and do all these all over again, all in the comfort of their living rooms, cars, offices, beer palours, salons, e.t.c..
3. The Media will find the next big breaking story and do what they do best, abandon the old and move to the new.
4. Nigerians will also follow the media wherever they go.

And before you know it, the country becomes a nation of unresolved issues dating over 40 years. Examples include;

a. Babangidas 12.4 Billion dollar oil windfall loot - Happened over 20 years ago - Still unresolved.
b. Kudirat Abiolas Murder - 1996 (17years ago) - Still unresolved.
c. Odi Massacre - 1999 (12 - 13 years ago) - Still Unresolved.
d. Pa. Alfred Rewane Assasination - 1995 (18years ago) - Unsolved.
e. Marshall Harry assasination - 2003 (10 years ago) - Unsolved.
f. Bola Ige assasination - 2001 (12 years ago) - Unsolved.
g. Amina Soari Dikibo assasination - 2004 (9 years ago) - Unsolved.
h. Ex. Governor Peter Odilis corruption cases - 2007-till-date (6 years and counting) - Unresolved Rather his wife was made a supreme court judge
i. Fuel Subsidy scam - Revealed in 2012 (Over 1 year and 8 months now) - Unresolved.
j. Farouk Lawan Bribery scandal - 2012 - Unresolved Infact, he is back in the house of reps..
k. NNPC scandal report on KPMG - 2011 - Report killed & Buried (Infact, NNPC Offices in Lagos and other places were torched by arson to conceal evidence)
l. 55 Million Naira Education Ministry Budget Scandal (Involving Senate President Adolphus Wabara, Osuji and others.)
m. 1 billion Naira Ikoyi housing scandal - 2005 - Still Unresolved.
n. Aluu 4 lynching - 2012 - Still Unresolved.
o. Halliburton 180million U.S dollar scandal Involving Atiku - Unresolved.
p. Bribe-for-job Scandal (Involving over 10 Federal Government agencies & enities) - Unresolved.
q. Patricia Etteh's 685 Million naira contract scam - Never resolved.
r. Dimeji Bankole over 1 Billion Dollar scam - Unresolved..

e.t.c.....

So why do we even bother?!

Waiter!! Waiter!!!! Bring me 2 shots of Manpower, 2 Lemongrass, 1 bottle of Alomo and 1 bullet make I take wash eye this morning..
[/b]

Since Ʊ know all these, y not create a programme on any nigeria tv station aπϑ discuss these issues..Ʊ can also become a journalist aπϑ seek for d use of the FOI as Ʊ said in ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥r post.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by paschalomenihu: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
DO WE HAVE LEADERS IN NIGERIA?. TO ME THE ANS IS A BIG NO, WE HAVE FOOLS, WE ARE HEADING NO WHERE FROM HERE.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by talktimi(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
anonimi:

They are only "progressive" with their EMPTY words and campaign PROMISES.
They cannot compare with REAL progressives such as the late sage, Awolowo or his UPN associates.
TRAGIC...
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Baddestguyp(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE: INTERNATIONAL THIEF THIEF IT TIME WE FIGHT THEM WELUWE, WE DON TIRE TO CARRY ANYMORE OF THEM SHI'T
angry illiterates full NL o! cheesy grin grin
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by fresher: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pedagogue: Did he say that when he was in d senate?

The answer is NO!

RUBBISH!!!

Our senators, ministers and President have no conscience whatsoever...they can afford to send their wards to ivy-league universities from the proceeds of their ill gotten wealth YET they do not care if the doors of our underfunded,mismanaged and deteriorating universities are eternally shut!!! angry lipsrsealed

If our polythecnics went on strike for months and the gates of our universities have been shut for months,is this the fresh air GEJ promised us?
that is what we are seeing Here, fresh air.....
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by judedwriter(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
C hw e open im grasshopper mouth say"-our jumbo salaries r not justified." If dis place na china, dem senate-looters will rot in jail.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by anonimi: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Anniettie ufia: I was really asking myself why our federal lawmakers couldn't learnt their voices to this ASUU's matter , now i note one of the reasons,

Who says there is law in this country ?
Who says the senators are serving the people ?
Who says there can be positive growth among such spending ?
Who says vision 20-20-20 is an attendable Agenda ?
Corruption,Corruption,Corruption is smelling among our leaders.
Which Way Out ?
If not the fear of The Lord ?
Lord, we really need Your help

Na real true you talk oh my man.
Oya make the mumus in mumuland close dem eyes(even plus including dem sense) pray to the Lord to come down and really helep us.

Meanwhile the magas go dey hammer our money dey go for doing almost nothing worthwhile to resolve the many challenges facing the country.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Freiburger(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
This is the first time i'm hearing something like this, and it is even coming out from a politician himself.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Freiburger(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Senators taking outrageous allowances home, ASUU demanding outrageous money, who bears the cost? the masses. That is a clear indicator that Nigeria's democracy is built on self-centeredness. undecided
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by abu0710102013: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
na after him don chop belle full. na dat time him come regret smiley smiley smiley
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by ADEBAYOKS(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
ok which way forward?
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by avalontony(m): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
na wa oooo..... so this kind money they this country and FG still the own me 15k for my industrial training since 2010.............., well, God into your hand i commite my future........ amen.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by nijanigga: 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
ledafaze: May the fire of gondor roast their balls while in sleep.
No any fire go roast s h I t. Na only for 200 million mumudom this go happen.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by omiobo: 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]

Hmmmmm
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by 1oracle(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Dividends of one Nigeria. A country founded with deceit.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by lagcity(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=oh.dude][color=#990000]Sometimes, I bury half my body in the garden soil and pretend I am a carrot, othertimes, I scream at the sight of a Nigerian senator

grin Mr carrot, how is the soil down there grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki, Senators On A Condolence Visit To Ocholi's Family (Photos) / Dambazau: OPC, IPOB Are Just Like Boko Haram / Umahi Opposes VAT Collection By States As Ebonyi Honours Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.