Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede (20782 Views)

Public Office Holders Cutting Salaries Are Hypocritical. - ELVIS SONNY / NASS N9bn Fallout: We’ll Reduce Our Salaries, Allowances – Saraki / Senator: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
ledafaze:
Thanks for pointing that out.

Is somebody talking? undecided
hippopotamus
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Emperor007: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013

This is old news, most Nigerians are aware that Nigeria presently run the most expensive government ( FG, upper and lower house, state governments, etc ) on earth, compared to the standard of living of above 85% of her citizens.

The question is, are Nigerians really ready for a change?

If yes, what's the best option to stop this madness?

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by MrAboki: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
tunlex01:

Since Ʊ know all these, y not create a programme on any nigeria tv station aπϑ discuss these issues..Ʊ can also become a journalist aπϑ seek for d use of the FOI as Ʊ said in ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥r post.

If I do Journalist work, na who go do my Engineering work?! YOU?!

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by 9jatatafo(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Oga Senator, with your outrageous allowee, I hope you are dispensing the excess cash to your constituency who voted for you. Imagine this man, after he eat turkey and enough good food, he come here to yawn and mess smelling mess for our face. Na wa oo. Shame on him!!!

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by chuksmad(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
I cry for my country naija. If to give little money to unemployed youth as per social welfare, they kill the bill. Problem with the masses is that they are deceived by ethnic and religion sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Weneedchange: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
lamex20: NA dem Sabi... as long as I dey eat my 3 square meal... if dem lyk make dem begin eat money instead of spending... God dey sha
. If 3 square meal is ok by u, later ur unborn pikin no go even see 1 chop
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by kabaka1: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
anonimi: The issue of OVERpaying NONperforming political office holders and their accompanying political jobbers who also do nothing beyond organising girls for their bosses needs to STOP for us to make any meaningful progress and start placing value on hardwork.

...yes, the pay/bonuses for these naija politicians should be commensurate 2 their productivity n hardwork. Any other bases of payment is likely detrimental and parasitic to d welfare of naija society n its progress as a nation cool

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Kei144(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigeria is heading for a great improvement; with all these truths coming out.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by kooto(m): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote auhor=Consent]The s aid senator is highly hypocritical or simply insulting our intelligence.if he knew their pay is outrageous,why d f~ck didnt he raise it on the floor of the house,and sponsor a bill to reduce the monumental waste? He enjoys the loot and comes out too fool himself.tell him we are no fools [/quote]
Even if he raised it on the floor of the house or sponsor a bill against it, who will support it,I doubt if it will pass the first reading,it's not even safe to do that while in their midst; I think for him to have agreed that what they earn is outrageous is fair enough.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by basty: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
If Nigeria is a sane Country, David Mark suppose to have been in Jail for vying for the Senatorial seat.

The role he played in the annulment of June 12 election will hunt him and his generations to come.

I hate those idiots in the National Assembly.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by JABB(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
lamex20: NA dem Sabi... as long as I dey eat my 3 square meal... if dem lyk make dem begin eat money instead of spending... God dey sha
What do you mean by "Na dem sabi"
Definitely,you are part of the problem facing Naija.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by JABB(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by Freiburger(m): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
JABB:
What do you mean by "Na dem sabi"
Definitely,you are part of the problem facing Naija.
And you wanna blame him for that? The people at the top has succeded in making a 3 square meal a luxury so that those who can afford it can easily get contented with it.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by gbengaola: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
he is only jealous,maybe someone he used to brag to when he was a senator has also reached that position now,so he is afraid that the person will start showing him pepper now so he wants them to cut the salary,everything is about politics,fellow nairalanders no go dey believe say him sincere.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by nikky5(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
This really stinks – NIGERIA SENATOR’S SALARY PACKAGE!!!
August 2nd, 2010 | Author: Peter Okali

Check out this email I received detailing the outrageous figures paid to a Nigeria Senator. Little wonder why everyone in Nigeria has political ambitions and will do whatever it takes to get there.

Basic Salary (BS) – N2,484,245.50

Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary – N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)

Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00

Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS – N7,452,736.50

Newspaper allowance @ 50% – N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this, abi na online or hard copy?)

Wardrobe allowance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Recess Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

Accommodation @ 200% – N4,968,509.00

Utilities @ 30% – N828,081.83

Domestic Staff @ 35% – N863,184.12

Entertainment @ 30% – N828,081.83

Personal Assistance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% – N1,863,184.12

Leave Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

One off payments (Severance gratuity) @ 300% – N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)

Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS – N9,936,982.00 – Every Four Years

Senator’s Salary per month – N2,456,647.70
Total = N29,479,749.00 Per Year
Allowance of Nigerian Senator: $1,500,000/year
GDP of Nigerian Economy: $45 Billion/year

A feeding frenzy!!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Compare with this -

Salary of the U.S. President: $250,000/year
GDP of the U.S. Economy: $13 Trillion/year
What do these Senators do to deserve this pay?

Amazingly, I saw a recent news video on YouTube of Nigeria senators in a session demanding an increase to their yearly allowance. These guys want a whopping N30 million every month.

Most of the Pharmacists, Engineers, Lawyers, Doctors, Welfare coordinators, Teachers/Lecturers, Engineers, Civil Servants and other productive professionals cannot boast of N1 million per year. What a pity !!!

SAY NO TO THIS OPEN LOOTING OF NIGERIA.
SEND A LINK OF THIS POST TO ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by tjado: 3:28am On Aug 16, 2013

Its people like you and your brothers that are spoiling this country... What kind of self centred idealogy is that?
as far as your stomach is satisfied the country can burn to ashes? I wonder where you will get the cassava and okro for that your 3 square meals when all you have is the ashes you complacently allowed.
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by stolaonipekun: 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
God go punish dem all
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by stolaonipekun: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
dey will suffer at d end , 1 of dem just die in accident
Re: Yes, Our Salaries Are Outrageous - Senator Sola Akinyede by stolaonipekun: 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
i mean
car accident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Saraki, Senators On A Condolence Visit To Ocholi's Family (Photos) / Constitution Did Not Provide Specific Role For Vp’s Office – ACF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.