Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (9290 Views)

Alakada Or Jenifa? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Teegurlee(f): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why didn't you complain about Harry potter and other foreign films that have so many parts. It seems some of you Nigerians just unnecessarily like bringing anything from Nigeria down.
Oga Afam my opinion has ntin to do wit naija film or foreign film. I just dnt fancy films wit part. It's ASEJU.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by miqos02(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
na season film?
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by tana4gud(f): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
A must watch 4me!
Go funky gurl...much love
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Part 1 should never have been made and a 4th installment is taking it tooooo far.
They didn't force your eyes to watch it! I'm indifferent cos I'm not a fan; but I'm sure Jenifa fans will look up to it!

Pukkah:

The issue is not really the number of parts but the fact that the others parts are simply an after-thought especially after the first part became a hit or commercial success.
Actually that's the motive behind most Hollywood films that run into parts. Except few ones like Lord of the Rings (which has been planned from start to be a Trilogy). The Hobbit Trilogy however Is the 'Aseju' which came up cos of the financial success of Lord of The rings. So you see it's a practice everywhere? Commercial filmmaking is 'business first'
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by nerodenero: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why didn't you complain about Harry potter and other foreign films that have so many parts. It seems some of you Nigerians just unnecessarily like bringing anything from Nigeria down.
Tee-gurlee.:
Jenifa 4? Dat's wat yorubas call ASEJU.
Both are correct. It means no winner, no vanquish.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by IYANGBALI: 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tee-gurlee.:
ma da baby ye lohun jare,alaseju ni
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Pukkah: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
speedyboi:
They didn't force your eyes to watch it! I'm indifferent cos I'm not a fan; but I'm sure Jenifa fans will look up to it!

Actually that's the motive behind most Hollywood films that run into parts. Except few ones like Lord of the Rings (which has been planned from start to be a Trilogy). The Hobbit Trilogy however Is the 'Aseju' which came up cos of the financial success of Lord of The rings. So you see it's a practice everywhere? Commercial filmmaking is 'business first'

Whether in Nigeria or wherever, the challenge remains making all the parts as seamless as possible but so far, the Jenifa series has had a big problem with that. This is why I think Jenifa 4 is an over-kill.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by moscobabs(m): 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
That Jenifa 4 will be story about her broken marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by adtiezy1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
zees: Hmm
you wan enter debt? you know maybe na 1000 thousand dollas you write from heaven...guy abeg go sit down undecided undecided tongue

Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by lolaluv1(f): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
This geh wants to milk 'jenifa' franchise dry ni sha!
cheesy
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by legalcode(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is she through with her divorce matter? na wao!! She should be at home now bowing her head in shame, instead of rushing out. No morals again.Apology not accepted.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Sirdy48(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
And this! is getting boring!
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Cestmoi1(f): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tee-gurlee.:
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Part 4?
I never knew there was a part 3!
Please anybody have the link to part 3 for me to watch, i like her movies grin
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Idowuogbo(f): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Part 4 ke? Na only part 1 make sense nau... It b like say dis barbie get money she wan burn. Oshisko
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by chubbyT1(f): 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
Part 4 is taking it too far....don't push it Funke. We all know Jenifa made you popular but you need to concentrate on producing other films. Personally, after Jenifa (Part 1), I didn't enjoy the others.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by vipers: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
who is funke Akindele is she a man or is she a WWE wrestler
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by olisehcom(f): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
vipers: who is funke Akindele is she a man or is she a WWE wrestler
none, she be striker 4 super eagles.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Obelomo: 2:30am On Aug 16, 2013
I liked the first Jenifa, but the return of Jenifa boring to me, (only the eldee scene).
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Koolmexxi(m): 6:56am On Aug 16, 2013
The whole "Jenifa" character has become quite boring to watch especially since she began playing d same role in other nollywood muvies. Well dat's nollywood for u nd their lack of creativity. Recycling any commercially successful franchise.
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by ajanaku2(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2013
Tee-gurlee.:

...and you are what Yorubas call Oya...tori o n be!

Why be in a rush to judge what you've not seen?

Jenifa 4 might even be more interesting and funnier than the other prequels! Funke Akindele is one creative girl and I trust her not to disappoint!
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by Guchis(f): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Jeni baby o Jeni Jeni baby, Jenifa!!
Nice one Funke..looking forward to it
Re: Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 by LaudateII: 3:40am On Aug 17, 2013
Pukkah:

Whether in Nigeria or wherever, the challenge remains making all the parts as seamless as possible but so far, the Jenifa series has had a big problem with that. This is why I think Jenifa 4 is an over-kill.

I agree..... the Jennifa theme has been over-flogged. Abeg, let Funke Akindele do something different & drop this idea of Jennifa 4. The danger of typecasting is real. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Desmond Elliot And Pat Attah, Which Is More Handsome / FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.