Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters (9327 Views)

DSTV To Feature 3 Northern TV Stations / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
The federal government says all television stations across the country will be directed to adopt the use of sign language interpreters.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, disclosed this on Thursday at the 2021 annual lecture organised by the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) in partnership with the Albino Foundation and the European Union (EU).

According to NAN, Lai was responding to a complaint by Monsurat Abdulwasiu, a former leader of the women’s wing of the association of the deaf.

Speaking through an interpreter, Abdulwasiu said persons with disabilities have suffered exclusion as they only look at images during news hours without understanding the message.

“Only the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) has a sign language interpreter during one of its news hours. In the other media platforms, there are no sign language interpreters. Even in the healthcare sector, no sign language in Nigerian hospitals,” she said.

“So, what happens to deaf people when they are reading news, and when they are sick and go to hospital. Does it means that we are not entitled to information and healthcare? The government needs to look into this.”

Responding to Abdulwasiu, the minister said he will direct all television stations to adopt the use of sign language interpreters during major broadcast.

“I am very touched by the contribution of the young lady who said there is a need for sign interpreters during the network news and other major news belts,” he said.

“I am going to ask the NBC to direct all our television stations to ensure that there are sign interpreters in all television stations during their major news hours.

“This will not apply to only the Nigerian Television Authority. Whether public or private television stations, they must comply with the directive.

“This directive will work both ways. It means the complaint of exclusion will be tackled and the persons with disability of hearing will also be included in programmes and policies of government.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-to-direct-all-tv-stations-to-use-sign-language-interpreters

9 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
This is a good news.

But the FG should have start with NTA so that other private and public TV stations go take them serious.

I might be wrong sha, who dey always watch NTA make dem give me update.

In the last 10 years, I'm not sure have watch NTA for up to 20 mins combine shocked

26 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Illuminatiship(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
E nor go better for federal government self..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Totilopussylick(m): 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
This is a good news.

But the FG should have start with NTA so that other private and public TV stations go take them serious.

In the last 10 years, I'm not sure have watch NTA for up to 20 mins combine shocked
NTA we be say their Network na like spoiled bulbs.

How they want take start with them?

It should be Ait cool.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Damidave1124(m): 5:13am On Oct 15, 2021
Maybe they want to start lieing to the deaf and dumb too. Me no trust this Lie Muhammed at all

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by money121(m): 5:15am On Oct 15, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by SouthWestBlood(m): 5:15am On Oct 15, 2021
Lai Mohammed is not satisfied with lying only to people without disabilities. He wants to include people who are deaf. Nice one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by directonpc(m): 5:16am On Oct 15, 2021
Good one!

1 Like

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by PapaNnamdi: 5:16am On Oct 15, 2021
V
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by PapaNnamdi: 5:16am On Oct 15, 2021
Fg will not stop untill the entire population is depressed

Even the deaf ones that are in peace not hearing the bad news that happens daily in this contraption, you want to force them to hear it,

If you are part of this government that has destroyed the lives of many nigerians today,
You cannot end well. Even the children you are stealing money for will not end well.

Who sign language epp

27 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:16am On Oct 15, 2021
That's good
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by chukwuibuipob: 5:17am On Oct 15, 2021
sad sad FG should reduce Gas price angry

5 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by benuejosh: 5:17am On Oct 15, 2021
Another welcome development.
Buhari is making life easy for the common man. Even the deaf can hear with their eyes very clear now.
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by eedimo(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2021
That's alright
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by mu2sa2: 5:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Nobody is federal government- pray your curse does not boomerang. Later you will be blaming your village people for what is happening to you, but forget that you ignorantly or recklessly placed curses upon yourself earlier in life. Your best bet is learn to avoid using uncouth or abusive language.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by iamyemiakins(m): 5:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Nice one

OSRC don dey use am since the early 2000s
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by EXLOVER(m): 5:19am On Oct 15, 2021
Employment for sign language teachers.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by benuejosh: 5:20am On Oct 15, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Your hatred for Buhari is making life difficult for you. Stop the hate.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by QuietHammer(m): 5:20am On Oct 15, 2021
Stupidity
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by tydi(m): 5:20am On Oct 15, 2021
Misplaced priorities

So Boko haram, bandits would understand better when they been told to attack nor hold fire.

Terrorist government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by iamyemiakins(m): 5:20am On Oct 15, 2021
Food don land for special education graduates wey sabi sign language

2 Likes

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Donedeal1(m): 5:20am On Oct 15, 2021
Promise goes on.
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by WibusJaga: 5:23am On Oct 15, 2021

Well everyone including deaf & dumb have the right to enjoy basic human rights. But there are still lots of disenfranchised Nigerians in various sectors.

1 Like

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by chigoziri2403(m): 5:23am On Oct 15, 2021
embarassed
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Enn214(m): 5:32am On Oct 15, 2021
Only LTV was doing that
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:36am On Oct 15, 2021
Is it a democracy anymore?
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Ubah01: 5:44am On Oct 15, 2021
Yeah.....
Nice move.
�...it's a dream come through
The are humans too
But it's coming from this lier
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by easyfem(m): 5:49am On Oct 15, 2021
I wish I could stone this useless man call lie Muhammed ... I know he will recieve slap very soon in public
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by whela(m): 5:58am On Oct 15, 2021
You can only advice it encourage private business to do sọ, you can't force them... soon fg would direct movie producers to do the same..
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by MoneyTrees(m): 5:58am On Oct 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
This is a good news.

NTA na new political party ?
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:08am On Oct 15, 2021
Wat is in de message?
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by lugado: 6:10am On Oct 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
This is a good news.

I don't understand
Is it that you didn't read the story or you just feigned ignorance
Definitely you don't watch NTA
Because it has always used sign languages and even LTV

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Download Nigeria And Ghana Movie On My Mobile Phone ? / Where Can I Download Latest Nollywood Movies? / Download Wanted (2008) - Hollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.