Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

An Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari (545 Views)

Where Is General Muhammadu Buhari The APC Presidential Candidate? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by playcharles(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
An Open Letter to General Muhammadu Buhari dated April 5, 2013

My Dear General,

I have tried to get to meet with you on many occasions as I have tried to write you but it has been difficult. I am sufficiently disturbed by all the happenings in CPC as well as the merger intentions with some other parties, to push my interest to seek some form of interaction. In order for you to appreciate my efforts, I spoke to Mallam El-Rufai and sent him a few texts and also sent a mail to Mr Rotimi Fasakin – all in a bid to reach you.
You may wonder what my locus standing is to go to this extent. If you do ask this question, you will be right.
I am a Nigerian professional who has followed the trajectory of our nation and also, your track along our nation space – these many years. I must confess my adulation for you for many reasons – I consider you a good man that our nation needs to put her acts right and so help us occupy our rightful place in the comity of nations.
Let me assure you that many Nigerians who truly love this country feel the same about you. But , it will be foolish to think that those who have brought us to this humiliating pass will root for you. No, they will wish that this bazaar continues to enable them make a billing enough to give them succor and protection to their offspring.
In all the ‘elections’ we claim to have had, I had always voted for you even when my friends think I was wasting my vote! I preferred to waste my vote than contribute to the ‘victory’ of those who have stolen us blind and brought our development to a grinding halt.
Nigerians have chosen to direct an unfair scrutiny at you, your past period of stewardship and poured innuendos on what you stand for without affording the same scrutiny to the Lilliputians that have placed a stranglehold on our national destiny.

General, I thought CPC was ready to put its house in order to present a formidable front to tackle these termites in power but events since then have shown the short-sightedness of the men who surround you. Alas, 2015 is almost upon us and it will take a tsunami of sort to dislodge these vultures in power.
It is now the new song in town that CPC and you are working in tandem with some other parties to arrange a merger to capture power from PDP! And this is the kernel of my open letter to you Sir.

I would rather you do not become a President holding a poisoned chalice. I am struggling to see how you can work with many of these men for the reason of becoming President. I will rather retain a memory of who you are and what you stand for even in defeats than see you as President in the midst of these gang of power-grabbers and looters of our commonwealth.
I wish you stand above the crowd and retain your respect and integrity than become a President who presides over a brood of vipers. The men who surround you today are plastic and replicas of those you wish to dislodge. Pray, General, what is the difference between six and half a dozen?
Sir, please, let them not dismiss this my appeal to you with the wave of a hand that I am an emissary of the ruling PDP. No! Nothing can be farther from the truth, I am an independent who love our nation with passion and hates PDP and her friends with coats of many colors with equal passion. I simply desire the best for my country which cannot come through PDP or the band of vampires trying to climb upon your integrity and name.

Would have wished CPC had begun to work since 2011 and be not a part of this bandwagon of political termites. In the muddied pool are men who once bestrode the length of our nation with impunity as if tomorrow – which is today! – will never come. Their antecedents do not speak to a better future for Nigeria.
I do not envisage a party of angels; neither would I pride myself in the collection of these vermins who merely seek another opportunity to rape our unfortunate nation.

My dear General, your place is not amongst these men. I would rather you remain the epitome of integrity that you are and watch this drama play out.
This is my wish for you as I am willing to add that my advice is both unsolicited and so, open to dismissal. I will not be surprised but it will pain me to see you sacrifice your hard-earned reputation and diminish your stature with your engagement with many of these men who brought us this low.

You have fought gallantly but Nigerians in our foolishness have cast you aside. Let us rue the day we forsook you and chose the present band of carpet-baggers and marauders who are alien to honor and dignity. Our experience since they ‘won’ has been like giving gold to swine!
I assure you Sir, that soon and very soon, Nigerians will re-claim their nation from the clasping hands of these thieves and locusts.
I therefore plead that you remain on the right side of history and play no part in the unfolding drama of comedy and the shameful orchestra of opportunists euphemistically referred to as merger. Many of these men want to ride on your back to stardom and the opportunity to partake of the national bazaar on another platform. They miss power and its attendant spoils and appurtenances.

Please, General, stand aloof and retain your courage and untainted platform to speak for ordinary Nigerians who ask for nothing more than to be treated with respect and consideration in a nation that they call their own.
Do you not wonder why Pastor Tunde Bakare cries to high heavens about this unholy marriage of convenience and opportunism? You should worry sir, moreso, he was your running mate!
Nigeria and Nigerians deserve more than these men and women will offer.
Chief Awolowo was never permitted the opportunity to be President but his memory speaks of respect, adoration and adulation of a grateful people. I wish same for you General.
I can understand if this letter or this medium of presentation riles you, I have no other choice.
May Allah guide you right as you make a decision for this country. Thank you and please, do have a great day.

Your friend and Compatriot,
Dokun Adedeji

http://www.dokunadedeji.com/blog/

if u support APC click like button

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Opens Investment Talks With American Investors / S/west PDP: Bode George Is A Drowning Man, I Won’t Go Down With Him – Filani / Senators & Reps Earn 200million+ Per Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.