Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? (1559 Views)

Poll: Would you support a religious leader running for president?

Yes: 20% (4 votes)
No: 80% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by collynzo(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2006
A Religious Leader To Govern This Nation?

What do you think about a religious leader ruling this nation? will it actually make any difference? Will the experience within the four walls of the church and the knowledge of the bible help?

Even if he has not been corrupt, what do you think will happen if he gets into power? Will he beat them or join them?

Do you agree that God can or will ever promise any one the presidency of this nation?

Please air your views without sentiments.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2006
Hey Fellow Columbite, Which religion would it be, I guess to you it would be christians,
See how that go ripple Nigeria. I think someone who is morally good should run the presidency, Havnt all our past presidents been chrisian or muslim?
Did the holy ghost prevent them from stealing, In Nigeria dont the Church's enjoy? why do priest have to drive fancy cars and live in big houses, ??
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 8:20pm On May 29, 2006
No. Religion should not play any part what so ever. It's enough.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by ontop(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2006
When the righteous is in power, the people rejoices but when the wicked is in power the people suffer
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2006
Religion is not a precursor for being righteous. An atheist could be just as righteous as the current holiest man on earth.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by kimba(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2006
Somebody who is morally sound and Heaven conscious wont seek to rule this country.

Its not worth it, to waste eternity for the mundane.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Abeem(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2006
Calling for a religious leader to rule the country is an invitation to religious strife and uprising. Nigeria is a religiously volatile country that is sitting on a keg of gun powder waiting for a trigger to explode. Your suggestion is the ignition needed to trigger the explosion
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by exu(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2006
Somebody who is morally sound and Heaven conscious wont seek to rule this country.

Its not worth it, to waste eternity for the mundane.

So ensuring that the nation that you live in is a safe and productive place for your children and their children is not worth it?

It always strikes me how a nation that is evidently so keen to have children. A nation encouraged to have as many children as possible by it's religious 'leaders' does not want to ensure that the environment in which their children inhabit is a pleasant one.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by bolex(m): 10:49pm On May 31, 2006
shio

A religious leader is a NO-NO

If Nigeria was a christian country now

The pastorpresident can go on the alter every Sunday to preach

While we watch on the TV

That aside

A full time pastor should dedicate his life to God

Not to man

Putting his eyes into politics ( the dirtiest game in the world ) is puttin himself into the life of sin

He is never going to be pure all through

I mean common

If I were president

I would want to chop a lil something something now wink

Forget that religious leader ought to realise that his life is for his religion and not for any other thing

So , he should face his work and not put his eyes into something else

grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIEF
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Seun(m): 11:04pm On May 31, 2006
Why does politics have to be dirty?
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 12:57am On Jun 01, 2006
i think a religious president would be worst, don't trust pastors or wuteva in Nigeria
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by babadee(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2006
to rule naija you have to be a politician, to be a politician you cant be a man of God so theres simply no way a religious leader can rule. capice?
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2006
I dont htink religion have to do with politics, because when you enter the game you have to play it.
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hotstepper:

i think a religious president would be worst, don't trust pastors or wuteva in Nigeria

And U trust Nigerian Politicians that studied Politics or who were in The Army
Re: A Religious Leader To Rule Nigeria? by Jancross: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2012
Religion is not a criteria for leadership but disipline an contentment, we need a man wit greater quolities dan religion.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Exposed As F.G., US. Trace Foreign Cash Deposits! / Missing Edo Commissioner Found Dead In Hotel Room / Video: Ahmadinejad Re-election Sparks Iran Clashes: Yaradua Watch 2011!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.