Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages (15742 Views)

Entire River Covered With 220,000 Pounds Of Dead Fishes From Pollution (PHOTOS) / Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." / Full Text Of Barack Obama's Speech to the Muslim World In Cairo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by tbaba1234: 3:52am On Aug 16, 2013
Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-Wrenching Final Text Messages

Young reporter Habiba Ahmed Abd Elaziz of XPress, a United Arab Emirates publication, died of a gunshot wound today in Cairo.

Her mother Sabreen Mangoud, published the last few text messages she shared with her daughter on Facebook.

They are incredibly difficult to read.

From The National:

06:19 am

Mother: Habiba, what’s going on there? I went to sleep at 1:30, that’s 11:30 your time. What’s with the attack? Tell me.

Habiba: The army and the police are indeed moving around the gates. The media centre was turned into a field hospital and the square is on high alert.

Mother: Where are you?

Habiba: Only journalists were allowed to remain in the building. I’m supposed to cover the monument in case the battle starts.

Mother: The monument is a bit far from Rabia.

Habiba: Field security is at every gate now. I am in the media centre. It isn’t far at all in fact, and the door is big and it can be broken through easily.

Mother: Are there too many police and army troops?

Habiba: Yes, but their movements could also be a “nerve war” tactic.

Mother: How will you get to the monument?

Habiba: I will walk like everybody else, or run. It depends on the situation.

Mother: God help us.

07:33

Mother: What’s new?

Habiba: Foreign reporters just got to the centre.

Mother: I mean what’s new with the crowds? How are you doing?

Habiba: I took three kinds of medication. It’s very cold here and I’m shivering. The crowds are massive and on high alert. Pray for us, mother.

Mother: God, keep us steadfast and give us power. God, grant us power over their necks. I entrust you to God the Almighty.

Habiba: I’m heading to the platform in a little while. There are tanks there.

Mother: God grant us steadfastness. God grant us victory. This is what I wrote on my page: God, I entrust to you all my brothers and sisters, sons and daughters in Rabia and Al Nahda, and all those who are protesting across Egypt. God I entrust to you with my husband Ahmed and my daughter Habiba. May we not be bereaved over any of them. God empower them and support them and keep them steadfast at the moment of encounter today.

12:46pm

Mother: Habiba, please reassure me. I’ve called thousands of times. Please, my darling, I’m worried sick. Tell me how you are.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/mother-of-dead-cairo-reporter-publishes-gut-wrenching-final-text-messages-2013-8

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by bigt2(m): 4:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Sad... sad
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Chanchit: 5:01am On Aug 16, 2013
Agony of a mother..
Na cold make the girl sef no fit run well well.
*early momo sad tinz*
RIP, u died on the line of duty.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Ivynwa(f): 5:40am On Aug 16, 2013
And that was how a mother lost her daughter because people are rioting over the head of one politician.
It's sad.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 16, 2013
cry RIP Habiba !

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by yunglykmine(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2013
God, what is happenin in Egypt...
This is heartbreaking.
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 16, 2013
and she didn't reply anymore. it's a pity.
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by 3ace(m): 6:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Thank God the attempt to travel to this country late last year by someone close to me failed. Maybe, we all would have been in Habiba's mother's situation. Sometimes, there's surely blessing in disappointment. RIP Habiba.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by busar(m): 6:49am On Aug 16, 2013
embarassedMay Allah forgive her of her sins and guide us aright.

15 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by otokx(m): 6:52am On Aug 16, 2013
no gut wrenching stuff there

5 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 16, 2013
big-t:
Sad... sad
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Temismith(f): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2013
sad
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by ednut1(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2013
No sympathy from me, she knew d risks involved

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by charybabe: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2013
busar: embarassedMay Allah forgive her of her sins and guide us aright.
there is no forgivnes after death its judgement. its disheartening to see young promisin youth die like dat. acept my sympathy mama habiba

7 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by tbaba1234: 7:36am On Aug 16, 2013
busar: embarassedMay Allah forgive her of her sins and guide us aright.

Ameen

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by ebamma(m): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2013
Very sad indeed
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by dridowu: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2013
Sad Sad Sad
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Benite: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
FG and ASUU OOOOO UNA DEY CRASE COMMON CALL OFF STRIKE JOOR!!!
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by NoobSaibot1: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2013
This is sad embarassed cry
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Egypt has greatly misused their power of unity for revolution its gonna take them years to get their country back

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by druid06(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
It seems Allah was deaf to her prayers about protecting her daughter yet some would kill, destroy and do some unmentionable deeds for HIM. Isn't it ironic and pathetic? Fighting for a deity who doesn't give a hoot about you, who wants you to destroy and kill innocent lives because to him they're infidels. People stop putting your hands in false GODS and make your destiny by your own hands.

10 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by superior1: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Watching too much Jacky Chan films make one act atimes outside common wisdom.

RIP young lady.

Moja mosa niyi akikanju

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by ezedolar: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2013
That is Y I dont like islam the have start burning churches as is the cause of their problem

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by MrAboki: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
HUH!!?

WHich kind work be that sef?!

Why didnt she just do like Aisha Bello or Cyril Stober of NTA?! Record the News from other news stations like Al-Jezerra or CNN and rebroadcast it on 9 0'clock news as if it were your own.

R.I.P Habiba.. 'Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.'
To Allah we belong, and to him we return.

10 Likes

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by searay(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
The dividends of political revolution
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by amiable4real: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
What a pity. Habiba rest in perfect peace. And to the mother, may God Almight console and comfor you.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Omg! This is heart wrenching. Especially the last text. Kai cry
Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by jahlove4jah: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2013
We need God's kingdom. Human rulership has failed to solve our problem.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages by Cutepie1(f): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Only God can prevent us 4rm all dis riot/rioters
causing death 4 innocent pple
All we need is to be @ peace wit each oda

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DJK, U.S. Diplomat Arrested In Turkey For Forging Passport / Yemen Houthi Rebels Takes Hostage Of Cargo Ship 'Galaxy Leader' In The Red Sea / Roger Stone Found Guilty On All Charges In Wikileaks Hacking Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.