Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces (41765 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES / US Four Star General Of AFRICOM Caught In The Web Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Actually Bismarck, there were various sources that listed her date of retirement as 1997 but I had to follow a more reliable source which stated it as 1996, I will change it when I get even more reliable sources (record-keeping is a tough job in Nigeria and following popular convention oftentimes can be very misleading). Then, she was of the same set with Victor Malu who later became the Chief of Army Staff after her own retirement. I am not trying to portray anything tribal or ethnic but stating the gist that in the military then was that Abacha had to ease out top Yorubas in the military because they were allegedly hatching a plot against him.
bismarck: Mrs Kale, you did your best for the army but it is either the person that made this report is lying or you are lying! You were eased out in 1996 and Diya's alleged coup happened in late 1997: How does it bring up the issue of being retired based on ethincity? Were you expecting to remain and be given the same rank as Abacha himself? You reached the pinnacle of your career, even in a setting where females then had below 2 percent chance of succeeding.In Nigeria's 'normal' circumstance I was expecting a report that states you spent 50 years in the army but since I didn't read such, then there's nothing to blame
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by farem: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest:

How dull can one get?

If a Major and a Major General mean the same thing, it means the position of a Manager GENERAL MESSENGER and a General Manager are the same

You could at least ask questions before commenting
[color=#990000
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
The piece will be updated once we get that. For now, information on Major-General Ronke Kale is painfully scarce.
initiate: How did she manage the home front? Do we have any info about her immediate family?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
Two-star marshal? grin grin grin An officer of two-star rank is a senior commander in many of the armed services holding a rank described by the NATO code of OF-7. The term is also used by some armed forces which are not NATO members. Typically, two-star officers hold the rank of rear admiral, counter admiral, major general, or in the case of those air forces with a separate rank structure, air vice-marshal. Read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-star_rank and please stop DERIDING yourself. Oh, I forgot your name is DerideGull.
DerideGull:

I hate to argue with practical dunces such as you. Again, a two star general has an air force counterpart known as two-star marshal, olodo. Forum is a place to learn good and practical stuffs not a place designated for numbskulls such as you who are more concerned with arrogation of idiocy themselves.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
dr dams: Wots ur beef?
Naija equals a Rear Admiral 2 a major General..

...I 1ce asked u a quest cos u said y shud d caption read Armed Forces wen is Navy..
Pitiable.. Der is a diff btw d Armed Forces and The Army..

... I asked if dat same word "caption" or "headline" means anyting to u?

No mata aw rational or mayb irrational u may sound, ur intial complaint was biase - ethnically, so since den, I refuse to comprehend wateva point u present..

Calling a fellow redundant, I call u Recalcitrant in return..

May I ask recalcitrant airhead such as you who is talking about equivalency?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by farem: 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
irecruit: WELL D0NE MA. YOU SHALL LEAVE [make she no leave now, pls LIVE] LONG cry cry cry cry cry cry
[color=#990000]
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
You lot need to take it easy on Pa Dede_moro.n!! grin

That's a hell of a gang rape with no vaseline! sad
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2013

I miss you, hun. kiss
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Same here, dude!
ShymX: ,

I miss you, hun. kiss

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abiyamọ: Two-star marshal? grin grin grin An officer of two-star rank is a senior commander in many of the armed services holding a rank described by the NATO code of OF-7. The term is also used by some armed forces which are not NATO members. Typically, two-star officers hold the rank of rear admiral, counter admiral, major general, or in the case of those air forces with a separate rank structure, air vice-marshal. Read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-star_rank and please stop DERIDING yourself. Oh, I forgot your name is DerideGull.

I guess you are catching the joke. Yes, two-star marshal and two-star admiral represent air vice marshal and rear admiral respectively. There are places where one-star admiral does not actually represent rear admiral junior grade but commodore. Again, you must be prudent when you put stuffs in the net. Now you seem to realize that military is very regimental.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess you are catching the joke. Yes, two-star marshal and two-star admiral represent air vice marshal and rear admiral respectively. There are places where one-star admiral does not actually represent rear admiral second grade but commodore. Again, you must be prudent when you put stuffs in the net. Now you seem to realize that military is very regimental.

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Katsumoto: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When Dede1 is caught out, he starts to play with words. He is a master of obfuscation.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by drdams: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sophomoric reply...
Well, 1 remains uninformed until e stops being opinionated and "intellectually reclusive".
DerideGull:

May I ask recalcitrant airhead such as you who is talking about equivalency?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Sloan: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abiyamọ: The piece will be updated once we get that. For now, information on Major-General Ronke Kale is painfully scarce.

, anytime you see dede0, dede1, deriedegull, dende_moron, duru1, duru2-100, just SKIP his comments! Rumour has it that a large artillery barrage during the 1967 counter-assault on the minor problematic now dead country east of the Niger left him with permanent wounds and mental instability a billion posts from you will not heal. He has PTSD and he can be seen running from pillar to post anytime his weak memory farts. You are better off debating with a TUBER of YAM, honestly! grin grin In a nutshell, dende_moron is a MO...

3 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by todayguest(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
playcharles: whats all dis blabbing, afterall my mum retired as a 5 star general grin grin grin grin
lol na ten -star general.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
, U actually did a Good Job on the ''PAF'' article which I read on your blog ..... I enjoyed everybit of it as I imagined the kinda Experienced the ''PAF'' will be having..... Tis gonna be splendid than ''presidential villa team self'' !!

Some thing must be done about the way U put up the article as it is not friendly to me at all, I have to be clicking and reclicking which made me to lose a lota Megabytes also, If my network should hang(U know Nigeria na) , I may lose interest in such a great piece ...... I enjoyed the background and Graphix .... Very Superb !!!

Really man, Clicking and re-clickin is boring ...... Lets have it divided into two parts or one part with great writing skills u usually deployed !!!

I enjoyed every Bit of the ''PAF'' ...... May God Bless Nigeria and keep protecting the C-in-C, amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by drdams: 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Lol! I understand, " after 5 children"
its because she do call u guys her star so shes an "Auto- 5star General".
playcharles: whats all dis blabbing, afterall my mum retired as a 5 star general grin grin grin grin
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Katsumoto: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When Dede1 is caught out, he starts to play with words. He is a master of obfuscation.

You are such a joke. There is difference connotation between two-star senior military officer and two-star general.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by ifebosco: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abbott:

That was very uncalled for and rude. You should be civil in your online conversation with others.
you should be civic not civil,tanks
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by lateef4me(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abiyawo ,

Pls ignore dedemoron . Your posts are always educating !
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abbott(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
ifebosco: you should be civic not civil,tanks

Ifebosco,
Check the meaning of civic and civil and do the needful before I modify this post.

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by drdams: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
U no try at all !!
Uve jst made urself a casualty of ur own ignorance...

ifebosco: you should be civic not civil,tanks
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Policewoman(f): 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
I aim to get to the rank of a DIG or even appointed the IG. smiley
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by yormite: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

This display of idiocy comes to full glare when ninnies dabble into subject matters beyond their pedigree. There is nothing such as two-star general in Navy. It is two-star admiral.

Again in case your deficiency in comprehension had acted up, I wrote “attended the rank of Major in 1966 and would have attended the rank of general barring unforeseen circumstances, olodo.
attain or attend i dnt blame u when u won,t attend GNS classes in skul Mr know all

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2013
I believe you can reach the zenith. Nothing is impossible as long as you hold on to and work towards your dream.
Policewoman: I aim to get to the rank of a DIG or even appointed the IG. smiley
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by ignis: 6:07am On Aug 17, 2013
ichidodo: So why is this on the frontpage?!
Why asking? Ω̴̩̩̩̥α Ūя̲̅ papa get nairaland ne?
Am tired and sick of all this dumb and senseless questions on nairaland.
What's with the front page?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2013
Policewoman: I aim to get to the rank of a DIG or even appointed the IG. smiley

get ready to fvkc and be fvkced
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by donodion(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2013
Only can post such piece as this.Ride on.

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Jobos(m): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
DerideGull: I stopped reading the original crap when stumbled onto the phrases such as “the first in Nigeria and first in Africa”. I guess such endeavor is very silly and uneducated arrogation of err of personality which is very common among certain ethnic group in Nigeria.

According the posted junk, the picture depicts a naval officer with the rank of Rear Admiral not a Major General. Thank goodness the lady was not the first female medical doctor who had enlisted into Nigerian armed forces. There were female medical doctors in Nigerian Armed Forces who even attained the rank of Major as far back as 1966. Barring unforeseen circumstances, such ladies would have made the rank of general before the indicated individual even enlisted.

No doubt it came from a person who thought prime minister was a Head of State in Nigeria.
Simply give honour to those that deserve it. Those women you left as major for any reason, Maj.Gen. Would have gone beyond that if not for the circumstances that pull her out. I know her person 'cos my sisiter worked with her as Col. In Army hospital yaba. They were both retiredd at that time along others.
Let's accord them their honour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose & Wike Inspect Rivers Pleasure Park, To Be Commissioned This Month / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / El-rufai Appoints Two Youths As His Special Advisers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.