Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,642 members, 7,955,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

If I Were A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If I Were A Muslim (1047 Views)

Boyfriend & Girlfriend:- What If I Love Him/her? / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were A Muslim by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2013
many of us do not always see that we can not just continue castigating the muslims among us.
If i were a muslim,that means i had been born into a muslim family.Does that make any sense?
I would have gone to 'ile kehu' many times, i would have done so many 'wolimo', i would have become an alfa after learning my Quran more than any christain would have read his or her bible.I would have been so holy,as in i would not be attending club-house because our prophet Mohammed would have make me understand that those are vanity through the Quran.Don't you think those are thing of pride.

If i were a muslim sister i would always cover my head with the Hijab and would still remain a competition to Beautiful people.

If i were a muslim, i would have gone to Mecca and become an Alhaji or Alhaja..What a pride!

If i were a muslim i would be praying Five times a day, i would be a giver of Alms.

If i were a muslim, i would see Jesus as one of the prophet;like in the christain's bible for example Prophet Samuel;they can never pray saying in the name of Samuel,so would i now pray in the name of Jesus.
How would they say that Jesus
is the son of God...does God have son?
But
because i am a christain i can boldly tell the world that every religion preach of a way to get to God but only Jesus said he is the way...check your Quran,mohammed told Fatimah his daughter that he only teach people to be good but he does not know the way of Salvation,Jesus is this salvation...try it ....as you read this call that name and see for yourself...we believe in the christaindom that anybody who cannot do a little to know the truth is either proud or demonic possessed; i want to believe none of these two is in you...so call the name of Jesus..yes...yes..you can do it..don't just call him,tell him what you think of him...let him know that you think he is just a prophet and many people says he is God's son,tell him to prove to you he is God's son.. And that he love you....people might laugh, but what gain will it be if you can just try to prove that your religion is the true one or not in just five minutes.
All in all,we still love you.
Re: If I Were A Muslim by passionate88: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2013
What da ****
Re: If I Were A Muslim by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
@divepen;
because i am a christain i can boldly tell the world that every religion preach of a way to get to God but only Jesus said he is the way...check your Quran,mohammed told Fatimah his daughter that he only teach people to be good but he does not know the way of Salvation,Jesus is this salvation...try it

could you show me in the Quran where Muhammad [sa] talked to fatima [RA] his daughter that he only teach people to be goot but he does not know the way to salvation? if you can show me, i will consider another religion. but if you can not show me in the Quran, then i ask you now to come to islam so that you can learn how to stand on truth and maintain your stand without disguising fallacy as truth.

why should i try something that is not sound just because you suggest it, thinking that it is correct? the evidence of your wrong assumption is that i know by Allah you will never be able to show me a verse in the Quran that is a statement of The Holy Prophet [sa] to his daughter, Fatima Zarah [RA] that he just teaches how to be good and does not know the way of salvation, inspite of the Quran littered with Paradise in many names.
Re: If I Were A Muslim by golpen(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2013
I have always said it, and I think I'll say it here again...

They will always flop up because they don't understand the islam they are against. That is why when some of the logical ones amongst them get the chance to make their findings, they are not left with another option than become a muslim.

@OP, your point of people being muslims by birth is just a half, while a sizeable percentage of modern muslims are converts too. Maybe you should try to ask them about their experience and what they've found in islam. I'm sure you'll be convinced, getting to know islam. Peace.
Re: If I Were A Muslim by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2013
According to the Quran, Muhammad was uncertain whether Allah would save him:
Or do they say, 'He has forged it'? Say: 'If I have forged it,you have no power to help me against Allah. He knows very well what you are pressing upon; He suffices as a witness between me and you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' Say: 'I am not an innovation among the Messengers,and I know not what shall be done with me or with you. I only follow what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.' S. 46:8-9 Meccan
The so-called authentic narrations make it clear that Muhammad was speaking in respect to his eternal fate:
Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drewlots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants.'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family),'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you!I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said,"How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my fatherand my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah'sApostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, deathhas overtaken him, and I hope the best for him.By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)
And:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
When Allah revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire)as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf!I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Allah's Apostle!I cannot save youfrom Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth,but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 51, Number 16)
These references should trouble any Muslim. If Muhammad himself, the very founder and prophet of the religion of Islam, was uncertain where he would spend eternity then how can any Muslim know where they will go after they die?
Muslim scholars to the rescue!
Needless to say, these statements didn’t sit well with Muslims, especially the scholars. They were obviously troubled by the fact that even their very own prophet, who is supposed to be the standard of moral perfection, didn’t know for certain whether he was going to paradise or hell. The Muslimshad to therefore come up with some convenient ways of explaining these troubling statements.
Some Muslims believe that these statements were made before Muhammad knew or was informed that he would be going to paradise.Still others are of the opinion that Q. 46:9 is not even speaking about the afterlife but this life, e.g. Muhammad doesn’t know whether he will be rejected by the people, driven out, killed etc.
The problem with the second explanation is that this directly conflicts with the hadith reports which specifically deal with the issue of the afterlife, not life in this world. In fact, according to some scholars Q. 46:9 was uttered in connection with Muhammad tellingthe woman that he didn’t know what Allah would do with 'Uthman bin Maz'un even though he was dead:
As for his expression "By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me",the Prophet uttered thisin accordance with Allah's statement in Surah al-Ahqaaf, "Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you". This was before the revealing of the verse by Allah All Mighty,"That Allah may forgive you your sins of the past and the future" (Surah 48:2), because al-Ahqaaf is a Makkan Surah, while Surah al-Fatah is a Madinan Surah and there is no contradiction between the two of them. And it has been established that he said, "I am thefirst who will enter paradise," and there otherreports which convey this meaning as well…
Re: If I Were A Muslim by LagosShia: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
Divepen: check your Quran,mohammed told Fatimah his daughter that he only teach people to be good but he does not know the way of Salvation,

you have lied.there is no where the Prophet (sa) said that to his daughter Sayyida Fatima az-Zahra (as).in fact quite to the contrary of your claim,we have many statements that holding on to the Thaqalain (the Quran and the Ahlul-Bayt) ensures salvation.we also have a powerful hadith that just sheer love for Imam Ali (as),who is just one individual of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) of the Prophet (sa),is salvation from the hell fire.check these:

The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "I am leaving for you two weighty things,that if you adhere to BOTH of them you shall not go astray after me. They are, the Book of Allah, and my progeny, that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The Merciful has informed me that These two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)-al-Kauthar."

Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 662-663,328, report of 30+ companions, with reference to several chains of transmitters.
al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, Chapter of "Understanding (the virtues) of Companions, v3, pp 109,110,148,533 who wrote this tradition is authentic (Sahih) based on the criteria of the two Shaikhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim).
Sunan, by Daarami, v2, p432
Musnad, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 14,17,26,59, v4, pp 366,370-372, v5, pp 182,189,350,366,419

"Behold! My Ahlul-Bayt are like the Ark of Noah. Whoever embarked in it was SAVED, and whoever turned away from it was PERISHED."

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p343, v3, pp 150-151 on the authority of Abu Dhar. al-Hakim said this tradition is authentic (Sahih).
Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p786
Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, under the commentary of verse 42:23, Part 27, p167

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said about Ahlul-Bayt:
"Do not be ahead of them for you will perish, do not turn away from them for you will perish, and do not try to teach them since they know more than you do!"

al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v2, p60
al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p230, quoted from al-Tabarani, also in section 2, p342
Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v3, p137

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "My Ahlul-Bayt are like the Gate of Repentance of the Children of Israel; whoever entered therein was forgiven."

Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p168
al-Awsat, by al-Tabarani, Tradition #18

“Allah says, “The Wilāyat of ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib is My fort. Then one who enters My Fort is safe from My wrath (Ghadab).”

(Uyūn al-Akhbār ar-Riďa).

Bihār al-Anwār has the following tradition related from the Holy Prophet (S) by Ibn Abbas (r.a.):

“Love of ‘Ali (a.s.) consumes the sins like fire consumes wood.”

read more:

"Revelation and Salvation Towards an Islamic View Of History"
http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/rev-salv.htm
Re: If I Were A Muslim by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
brother, i stop practicing how to be a lawyer the day i enterd d university...i am not writing to argue...The choice is strictly yours and d hope of a better tomorrow is allways sure...so far i have read the testimonies of clerics who were saved by Jesus and who could write it boldly to the whole that Jesus is the only way,why would i neeed too argue to love him-choose whom you will serve as for me and my present and future family we will serve Jesus.
Re: If I Were A Muslim by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
@divepen. and all your saying what Muhammad [sa] said to his daughter fatima [RA] in the Quran is false after all because you can support it. i personally met a former pastor from bukina faso and a former nun from sao tome who reverted into islam. so your reading testimony is an hearsay while mine is eye witnessing.

And if i have forged it you have no power to help me against Allah from the face of it does not mean that Muhammad [sa] does not know where he is going but means instead Muhammad [sa] is conscious that he did not forge it, knowing fully well that Allah is Powerful over all lies and liars and their supporters and or Muhammad [sa] was sure it is from Allah and not forged so much so that he knows the Support of Allah trumps all other supports and Allah is Powerful so that all honesty individual can count on Him and discount other.

at the end it shows that the masterpiece does not belong to Muhammad [sa] since he is not praising himself in each instance or taking the credit for such a book, but The Book is Revelation from Allah The Wiser.

(1) (Reply)

17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam / Is It Allow For Muslims To Kiss On Walimatul Nikkai Ceremonial Day / EID Mubarak Images And EID Mubarak Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.