Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone (32286 Views)

8 Perks Of Living Alone / Advantages/disadvantages Of Being A Nigerian Man/Nigerian Woman / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Mobsync(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD.

(1). You don't become lonely
When you have a roommate you always someone to talk to and hang around with. You rarely get that funny feeling that makes it seem you've been placed under some sort of house arrest or holed up in a fortress.

(2). You get to split bills, chores and tasks
Rather than living alone in an uncomfortable abode because you can't afford to pay for something better; with a roommate, you get to live in a better environment and simply split the rent. You also get someone to share the house chores and tasks like with.

(3). You have someone to call for help and support.
You're going for an early morning interview and have no transport fare; you need to purchase some important stuffs and you've got no money; you're coming home late and need a hot place of food on your table as soon as you get home and what else? A roommate's the best bet.

(4). You could make a very good friend and build a lifetime relationship.
Beat it! Top executives, multimillionaires and all other "ogas at the top" today probably had a roommate at one time or the other in their lives. And if you were a "good" roommmate during the period of habitation, I don't think they would think twice before repaying you.

(5). There's someone around in case of emergencies
Imagine you slipped in the bathroom and fell into coma or you get knocked down by a heavy bout of malaria or fainted after falling dizzy; fact is, there's a higher possibility of you getting help when you have a roommmate as compared to when you don't.

5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T.

(1). You lose your privacy
You can't sleep naked, you can't spend a full hour in the bathroom, you can't sing with your coarse voice in the bedroom, you can't watch indecency, masturbate and freely do all other wierd stuffs you love doing. Fact is, your privacy becomes lost the moment touch begin to cohabit with someone else.

(2). Your roommate could be pretty annoying and have downright disgusting manners.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation whereby you get to leave your bottle of perfume in a certain position whenever you're leaving the house? Or you have to hide your wallet in totally absurd places? Or put a very small piece of paper in your milk's tin lid? Or have to hide your towel in your luggage all because some self acclaimed roommmate's doesn't know that some things are not meant to be shared? Or you've ever lived with someone who spits on the bedroom floor, urinates in the kitchen sink and uses the toilet without flushing? Well, if you haven't, it's only a matter of time- except you live alone.

(3). Your roommmate's might gossip, backbite and tell people private things about you
You bedwet, wear an underwear for a month, bathe once a week and brush your teeth only on Tuesday mornings? You really ought to be careful if you've got a roommmate, especially if the roommmate's a female shocked (no offence meant) cool. Your roomie could tell people all these and even feign lies all in a bid to keep a conversion with a third party going or simply because he/she's damned irritated.

(4). You could be made to pay for your roommmate's crimes
I once lived with a guy who stole a mobile phone from a fellow housemate only to abscond when things went awry. At the end of the day, I almost got arrested if not for the simple fact that I stood my grounds. But for the keeps, others have suffered police detentions, jailterms or even death for crimes committed by their roommmates.

(5). Your roommmate might become dependent on you.
When you live with some people, you might suddenly find yourself footing all bills, funding all meals, purchasing all items and carrying out all basic house chores that you begin to start wondering why you aren't even living alone in the first place. It's either your roommmate lives WITH you or lives ON you. If he/she lives with you, fine; but if he/she's lives on you, RUN.

SOURCE: me

14 unwritten rules to observe when cohabiting with other people; CLICK HERE

44 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Mobsync(m): 1:40am On Aug 21, 2013
kiss

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Sanboy25: 12:58am On Aug 22, 2013
Hum ok, nice one. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Freiburger(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
OP, why should i pay for my roommate crimes?
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2013
Ŋĭcέ write up

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Mobsync(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Freiburger: OP, why should i pay for my roommate crimes?

Haven't you ever heard of neighbours or family members being arrested because one of them commited an offence and suddenly disappeared into the thin air?

You can get punished for your roommate's crime because the people seeking him would believe you're hiding him. Besides imagine a situation whereby policemen raid your house and catch your roommate with hemp or stolen goods, don't you know that you yourself would also be arrested since they're not sure whether or not you're an accomplice.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by chucky234(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
One of the major reason why people die untimely is that no one is available in time of emergency and that is enough reason for you to manage the "5 reason you should" and avoid being alone.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Mobsync(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
chucky234: One of the major reason why people die untimely is that no one is available in time of emergency and that is enough reason for you to manage the "5 reason you should" and avoid being alone.

And what if the roommate turns out annoying and disgusting? You simple need to weigh your options.

3 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Luckygurl(f): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
This reminds me of a male friend of mine who's having severe malaria and no one is there with him. I wonder how he copes. Some people are trying anyway.
Using this medium to wish him speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by caesaraba(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
I'm all for staying alone. ........except that roommate is my wife.

7 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by dagentility(f): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
As a girl,i wil say many disadvantages are involved. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Advantage, u can Masturb8 freely; Disadvantage, u can Masturb8 easily. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by coogar: 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
i love living alone - you meet your stuff where you left them before going out and there's no one to wrestle the remote control with you because they want to watch kim kardashian during a man utd match.

15 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nice one.
I enjoy living alone, I usually have friends over a lot, but I love my privacy-I can't joke with that.

4 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by thunderclap(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lucky gurl: ...
BUSTED
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hypocrites
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Goldenheart(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
we live alone... we do just fine living alone
we dnt ve to worry about anybody's sh*t...
Expectially when ur roomate ve friends that are lousy n they re discussing and laughing like hell, and u begin to wonder, "are they talking bout we?"
we can clean up ma room when i feel like without pressure
we can eat whatever we like
we can sleep however we feel...

but when we receive visitors/guest... its state of the heart Hospitality.

note: we is i.

4 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by xynerise: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
I prefer the advantages jare

Living with your babe is still alone abi? grin. We are only inconvenient when we are staying with same sexx
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by iamswizz(m): 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mobsync: 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD.

(1). You don't become lonely
When you have a roommate you always someone to talk to and hang around with. You rarely get that funny feeling that makes it seem you've been placed under some sort of house arrest or holed up in a fortress.

(2). You get to split bills, chores and tasks
Rather than living alone in an uncomfortable abode because you can't afford to pay for something better; with a roommate, you get to live in a better environment and simply split the rent. You also get someone to share the house chores and tasks like with.

(3). You have someone to call for help and support.
You're going for an early morning interview and have no transport fare; you need to purchase some important stuffs and you've got no money; you're coming home late and need a hot place of food on your table as soon as you get home and what else? A roommate's the best bet.

(4). You could make a very good friend and build a lifetime relationship.
Beat it! Top executives, multimillionaires and all other "ogas at the top" today probably had a roommate at one time or the other in their lives. And if you were a "good" roommmate during the period of habitation, I don't think they would think twice before repaying you.

(5). There's someone around in case of emergencies
Imagine you slipped in the bathroom and fell into coma or you get knocked down by a heavy bout of malaria or fainted after falling dizzy; fact is, there's a higher possibility of you getting help when you have a roommmate as compared to when you don't.

5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T.

(1). You lose your privacy
You can't sleep naked, you can't spend a full hour in the bathroom, you can't sing with your coarse voice in the bedroom, you can't watch indecency, masturbate and freely do all other wierd stuffs you love doing. Fact is, your privacy becomes lost the moment touch begin to cohabit with someone else.

(2). Your roommate could be pretty annoying and have downright disgusting manners.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation whereby you get to leave your bottle of perfume in a certain position whenever you're leaving the house? Or you have to hide your wallet in totally absurd places? Or put a very small piece of paper in your milk's tin lid? Or have to hide your towel in your luggage all because some self acclaimed roommmate's doesn't know that some things are not meant to be shared? Or you've ever lived with someone who spits on the bedroom floor, urinates in the kitchen sink and uses the toilet without flushing? Well, if you haven't, it's only a matter of time- except you live alone.

(3). Your roommmate's might gossip, backbite and tell people private things about you
You bedwet, wear an underwear for a month, bathe once a week and brush your teeth only on Tuesday mornings? You really ought to be careful if you've got a roommmate, especially if the roommmate's a female shocked (no offence meant) cool. Your roomie could tell people all these and even feign lies all in a bid to keep a conversion with a third party going or simply because he/she's damned irritated.

(4). You could be made to pay for your roommmate's crimes
I once lived with a guy who stole a mobile phone from a fellow housemate only to abscond when things went awry. At the end of the day, I almost got arrested if not for the simple fact that I stood my grounds. But for the keeps, others have suffered police detentions, jailterms or even death for crimes committed by their roommmates.

(5). Your roommmate might become dependent on you.
When you live with some people, you might suddenly find yourself footing all bills, funding all meals, purchasing all items and carrying out all basic house chores that you begin to start wondering why you aren't even living alone in the first place. It's either your roommmate lives WITH you or lives ON you. If he/she lives with you, fine; but if he/she's lives on you, RUN.

SOURCE: me

CRAP!!!
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Fazhy: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
chucky234: One of the major reason why people die untimely is that no one is available in time of emergency and that is enough reason for you to manage the "5 reason you should" and avoid being alone.

FACT!

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sha everything has a advantange nd disadavantage.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by emmabest2000(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
There is nothing like privacy IMO

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Keffebabe(f): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Very interesting
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by 4reigningqueen: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
i lived alone in school and i enjoyed it but one disadvantage to me was that someone had the key to my room and always coming in while am away to steal my things.up till today,i still do not know the person.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
living alone is better,but boredom sucks at times.......i live in a very big house alone,but still hang out with friends every weekend cos of boredom......at times,i dont go home for weeks,if not for my fiancee,i would have move out entirely,but she wont hear none of that.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, there are no disadvantages in living alone.

In fact, when and if I get married, I do not mind living in a separate house from my husband

Just the thought of living with someone, every single day.... *shudders*

3 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Eneze1(f): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Prefer leaving alone, privacy matters a lot to me
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Caracta(f): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
I like living alone. With or without someone, death can come knocking at anytime. I can't shout. Just give me my own space. If I have to live with someone, we need to draw up a legal contract tongue

3 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
I like Living without people

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by benkings(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Freiburger: OP, why should i pay for my roommate crimes?
my quy! Anythinq can happen in naija
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Noted,but number 4 from disadvantage I think I still feel is only in Africa were there's jungle justice it only happen. In western world nobody is going to arest u for a crime committed by ur Roommate.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by coogar: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
emma_best2000: There is nothing like privacy IMO

please explain....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / 25 Of The Most Creative Sculptures And Statues From Around The World / Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.