Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador (10663 Views)

FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / FG Appoints TY Danjuma To Chair Idps Rehabilitation Initiatives / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by passionate88: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2013
Pretty nd brainy girl. Wow! Na wa o. I b d 1st to C on d 1st page. Hahahaha, d oda page na 0.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by mbulela: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Patie, monitor your husband well well o!
The dress wey that girl wear pass be careful o! Abi the material no reach?
She go soon invent pregnancy if left in the same room alone with GEJ or Sambo.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed o!

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by Donmichaelz(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Jessica UR waist all I want is your waist,I want ur figure 8,

See ENTER-PRICK-NEUR
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by deeptesting(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2013
In as much as i appreciate the invention skill of young Jessica,i am completely devastated that the attendant embrace of this piece of technology by the President is a signal that he is clueless to resolving the epileptic power generation that is bedeviling Nigeria. Our focus should be directed towards inventions that will stabilize electricity generation via the national grid that a fisherman in Otuoke,a farmer in Ilesha and a cattle herdsman in Jegga can enjoy uninterruptedly.When has the charging of telephone became the most urgent need why Nigerians are in need of uninterruptedly electricity? How can a piece of football that could only generate three hours of electricity after 30 minutes of play and could only store power for 72 hours be used by manufacturing company`s and other organizations of labor? Mr. President i hate when people call you clueless,Retardern,slow poke and other degrading names, i fight back with my little internet MB and 4 litres of fuel in my tiger generator with hope that you understand our problems as Nigerians but i am convinced by this singular action of yours that you are truly clueless to our collective problems as Nigerians and do not deserve my vote come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by Ojobojo1(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2013
Taught herself engineering, ds lady na boss o!!!
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by frederal(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2013
fr3do: Useless invention
it is as important as the tesla's transformer.

Its a useless invention, but in ur lifetime u may end up seeing presidents on television, newspaper...and NL. U see a man/woman diligent in his work....its in d bible...and u are viewing the reality.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by psucc(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2013
Entreprenueral ambassador on borrowed technology.

Another ploy to kill internally groomed technology.

Just a way of siphoning the nation's resources.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by roxell120(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2013
homesteady: Thank GOD she is neither yoruba or igbo gringrin
She's from my state!! Edo state people are the most intelligent in Nigeria!
thank God u laughed at ur comment afterall
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by question(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2013
GEJ should lead by example and buy 2 or 3 for Aso rock in case NEPA strikes.

Then nigerians would follow as this innovative football is more economical than i-better-pass-my-neighbour generator.

I can imagine obama and joe biden kicking this kind of football in the white house.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by proudlysports: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2013
Kudos to the girl for her invention and hard work.

This is however unfair to thousands of Nigerian based entrepreneurs working hard despite the harsh conditions and doing great things. How many of them have been honoured? Not fair

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by originbm: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2013
ighoosagie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/fg-appoints-electricity-generating-football-inventor-as-ambassador/#sthash.BScp4ys4.dpuf

This a great invention.But an even greater thing is the ideological basis for the invention i.e turning passion into utility...i am proud of u gal.while most of us r thinking of how to increase beer and pepper soup sales,and bribe nepa during match fixtures,u've shown what can be achieved with knowledge, creativity,and a solution-oriented analysis of a situation.u thoroughly deserve ur appointment,nd i hope uld not let the nigerian factor deter u....

and not the least of all,beauty and nice legs too...
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by drake2005: 10:53am On Aug 17, 2013
Jonathan: Can I ask you something please?
Obasanjo: Speak louder my friend

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by roxell120(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2013
I need an answer plz.do we ve notherners/hausas on the internet? never heard their voice on any forum. just askn though
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by drake2005: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2013
roxell120: I need an answer plz.do we ve notherners/hausas on the internet? never heard their voice on any forum. just askn though
lol
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by seangy4konji: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2013
You talk true...Ideas will die with u when no motivation to carry it out or money...dem no soppurt good education for here or make grads or good courses get better labs and companies work,dem deh celebrate ordinary soccer balls...ordinary Jss3 student will create mouth guard for him wife patience that will correct what we hear when she speaks english.mumu people
cramjones: If she was living in Nigeria...she would not have invented this...Period! Has Jonathan and the so called Aganga created opportunities for the young ones to think of problem solving inventions? NO!!! They are more preoccupied with the several problems facing Nigeria - light, roads, insecurity, ASUU strike etc...The FG should be an inspiration to Nigerians and not Jessica...Jessica grew up in the United States, all our youths can't go to the US in order to live out their full potentials...the should have same opportunity in Nigeria too!

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2013
"US based Nigerian"hmmmm....are u thinking wat am thinking or am i alone in this?
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by udohzone(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2013
Yungwizzzy: what rubbish skipping rope?? were great young nigerian entrepreneurs are there likes of seun osewa

who is dat refu G?

or maybe someone's puny is probably been compensated

I rarely question people/s comment but I had to question yours. Abeg, in the name of God...what did Seun Osewa invent? Am curious.......
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by udohzone(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2013
psucc: Entreprenueral ambassador on borrowed technology.

Another ploy to kill internally groomed technology.

Just a way of siphoning the nation's resources.

What would you have loved it or her to be addressed as? Just asking...I maybe be wrong in my thinking but i'd like you to explain without been insultive which is the norm in NAIRALAND.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by originbm: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2013
deeptesting: In as much as i appreciate the invention skill of young Jessica,i am completely devastated that the attendant embrace of this piece of technology by the President is a signal that he is clueless to resolving the epileptic power generation that is bedeviling Nigeria. Our focus should be directed towards inventions that will stabilize electricity generation via the national grid that a fisherman in Otuoke,a farmer in Ilesha and a cattle herdsman in Jegga can enjoy uninterruptedly.When has the charging of telephone became the most urgent need why Nigerians are in need of uninterruptedly electricity? How can a piece of football that could only generate three hours of electricity after 30 minutes of play and could only store power for 72 hours be used by manufacturing company`s and other organizations of labor? Mr. President i hate when people call you clueless,Retardern,slow poke and other degrading names, i fight back with my little internet MB and 4 litres of fuel in my tiger generator with hope that you understand our problems as Nigerians but i am convinced by this singular action of yours that you are truly clueless to our collective problems as Nigerians and do not deserve my vote come 2015.

I think you got the quote wrong.If u read the thread again u will see that the girl was honored not just for producing a device that can generate power,but for a solution based enterprenurship derived from (and dis is where the stroke of genuis comes in) amplyfing a particular passion of people into an answer to their need.she was not made an ambassador for phcn,but for enterpreneurship.it is wat an invention like this represents for our youth that is celebrated,not just the invention.i for one am motivated by the system of thought that culminated in these devices....the idea behind them is awesome....

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by nuceo: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2013
That is a good of her
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by ambrosini593(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2013
Imagine wen nepa take light. Everybody go dey bring ball cum field or road dey play. O boy nor small tin o. Dis one gud but nawalitty n laffalitty lik personally in haballity
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2013
Why her dress come short like that?! angry She try anywayz...erhmmm which one we go give Seun?...Ambassador for Trolling Nairalanders? grin
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by orgasticdance: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2013
cramjones: If she was living in Nigeria...she would not have invented this...Period! Has Jonathan and the so called Aganga created opportunities for the young ones to think of problem solving inventions? NO!!! They are more preoccupied with the several problems facing Nigeria - light, roads, insecurity, ASUU strike etc...The FG should be an inspiration to Nigerians and not Jessica...Jessica grew up in the United States, all our youths can't go to the US in order to live out their full potentials...the should have same opportunity in Nigeria too!
If the people we call our leaders can't decipher the obvious irony u just pointed out, what hope do we have as a nation? The wisdom quotient of the jonathan adminsitration is -10 undecided.
@ dis rate, Naija is dead to its future!
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by Zikdik(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2013
Jessica Matthews....abeg is she related to Afrocandy?Her name sounds like the name of a porrn star i'm trying to remember.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by deeptesting(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2013
originbm:

I think you got the quote wrong.If u read the thread again u will see that the girl was honored not just for producing a device that can generate power,but for a solution based enterprenurship derived from (and dis is where the stroke of genuis comes in) amplyfing a particular passion of people into an answer to their need.she was not made an ambassador for phcn,but for enterpreneurship.it is wat an invention like this represents for our youth that is celebrated,not just the invention.i for one am motivated by the system of thought that culminated in these devices....the idea behind them is awesome....

If that is the case the honor is questionable because i will furnish you with names of people who have done more in solution based innovation and nobody has ever heard of them,even their local government refused to honor them..However,my concern is the Government attendant plan to open a factory for the production of this football and sell it to Nigerians.I hope the electric football will be used to power the factory plant when it is finally established.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by ikecaesar(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2013
fr3do: Useless invention
it is as important as the tesla's transformer.
d only invention ur papa invented was a useless person like u
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by ikecaesar(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2013
roxell120: I need an answer plz.do we ve notherners/hausas on the internet? never heard their voice on any forum. just askn though
they are only interested in power and politics nt intelligent topics
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by anytexy: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Well, good one. If i may say.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by asagal(f): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Promhize: Nice. Represent Nigeria's genius Igbo entrepreneurs.

I knw u rnt Igbo.
u jst wnt 2 cos anoda ethnic bashin here.
pls fella leave igbos alone. we knw our own n our own knw us*

Peace Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by mapofafrica: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2013
GEJ should provide Nigeria with 24hours uninterrupted electricity power supply. I commend the inventor for a good job.
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by B1ngo: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2013
True talk be that.The small opportunity they have to motivate the youths ,they will be using the fund on white elephant projects like launching useless and non working satellites and sending man to moon witj billions
Re: FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador by tankoemmanuel(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Nonsense! Arrant nonsense! Blatant nonsense! What fuse! So because she is connected ( you must be connected to have studied in Harvard) they made her Entrepreneurship Ambassador. What of the two UNILORIN students that invented a prototype of an aircraft? What of the Physics and Astronomy student of UNN that invented a uranium-powered and gas-powered military ammunition device? Don't they deserve to be recognised?
I bet Aganga and her father or who ever 'knows her' (Femi Kayode style) is behind this recognition. Can't she decline the ambassadorial thing? Must she be an ambassador?
Now we have to play ball to have electricity. Please take that thing to the Tundra region where there is no sunlight. We don't want to play ball. We are busy: English premier league starts today. Please carry your balls back to Harvard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje / PDP Asks INEC To Declare Tambuwal Sokoto Gov-elect / El-Rufai Imposes 24-Hour Curfew On Kajuru Community In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.