Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Your BankPHB Experience? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your BankPHB Experience? (6892 Views)

Keystone/bankphb MD Oti Ikomi Resigns With Immediate Effect / Cbn Takeover: Bankphb, Afribank, Spring Bank Couldn’t Meet Requirements / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your BankPHB Experience? by seyibrown(f): 12:11am On Jun 06, 2008
Anyone have any good or bad experience with BankPHB?

I would appreciate any information I can get on their services.

Thanks.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Afribiz(f): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2008
Let someone please give an answer to Seyibrown's question. I don't know much about Bank PHB, but i think their services are too slow and inefficient.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by atilla(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
I had to open account with them for NYSC they were ok. I didnt have much complaints about them.

Last time i went in there i think they are working on their customer services and it was a bit better.

have a nice day.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by ehie007(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2008
BankPhb focuses more on innovation, allowing other areas of business to suffer like their customer services. i have not entered a BankPhb banking h all before, heard from some pple that their service is not that ok.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by oYaTo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ poster Are u by any chance a PHB staff? It sure sounds like u'r conducting a survey.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by oYaTo(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2008
One thing I just love about them is the quality of their TV adverts. . .they're quite unrivaled in naija
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
One thing I just love about them is the quality of their TV adverts. . .they're quite unrivaled in naija
True, but they are not in the music video business. Customer service will give them a much higher ROI.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2008
Seun:

True, but they are not in the music video business. Customer service will give them a much higher ROI.

their adverts make me wonder. . .even in their previous incarnation as plantinum bank, their ads seemed designed to appeal to the airhead university 'club/big boy' crowd.

more often than not thier ads are about how being in platinum makes you a big boy/girl. listen to the new kiddie ad. . or that one with the man and his son showing off in their new car oppressing the neighbours tongue
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Anuliph(f): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2008
Yeah their customer service isnt superb. like zenith bank's.
I went to deposit some money at one of their branches and they had only one cashier. counting hundreds of thousands of naira. you stay in the queue for hours!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Guk: 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2008
@poster,

if you want to carry out your survey, go around to out of the way branches and present yourself as a prospective customer so that you can get a 1st hand undiluted, uncontaminated experience.

As for BankPHB Adverts: THUMBS DOWN. Same for a lot of adverts on TV these days. POOR!!!!

Somebody postulated though that Banks & Telcos have of recent had an influx of Brand Managers; Marketers from FMCG companies & that thats why we are seeing Detergent; Magarine; Goody Goody like adverts and all of them falling over themselves to sponsor Reality shows 7 i personally tend to agree
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by reindeer: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2008
i had a really nasty experience with them as a corper in lagos, their services were slow,they pay allowee for the previous month at about the 24th of the next month,and they kept tossing me between branches for my ATM card which i eventually left with them after the service year,infact one of their customre service ladies yelled at a "bloody corper" like me at the branch on allen round about, of course i hate their service, how i wish their services was anything like their adverts,
yeye bank.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by lami4life(f): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2008
@ Poster,
Carryin out cheap survey, huh?

oyb:

their adverts make me wonder. . .even in their previous incarnation as plantinum bank, their ads seemed designed to appeal to the airhead university 'club/big boy' crowd.

more often than not their ads are about how being in platinum makes you a big boy/girl. listen to the new kiddie ad. . or that one with the man and his son showing off in their new car oppressing the neighbours tongue

I think not. The emphasis seems to be more on innovation. On the particular ad in question, a brand new car lease ad will inevitably have some status element to it.

While i have some reservations on their services too, i believe we (Clients & prospective clients) need to be more receptive to change. We are all so used to the traditional bank ads of tally number et al. tongue
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by skyline(f): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2008
I love BankPHB to an extent. May be because i have a lot of my people working with that bank but i still have my reservations. For sometimes now, i have observed that some of their CBSS staff i.e (contract staff) are not worth working in a Bank at all. Some of them got there through I.M and as a result have been messing the bank up through financial errors. I know one of them who cannot even write her own name correctly yet she is in Bank PHB. Although recently they have terminated her appointment.

Another thing i have observe about PHB is that they dont take time to give their staff quality training. Some have been there for years yet have not been priviledge to go for one single training. Outside this i think they are trying in other aspects.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by tinkinfela(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2008
you stay in the queue for hours either when withdrawing or depositing money and it makes me sick!

i don't like their infastructures unlike GTB's, Access's etc.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by seyibrown(f): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ contributors

I am not carrying out a survey. I thought it's best to find out what people who have used/are using PHB services have experienced before opening an account with them.

I am Interested in PHB'S 'Nigerians in Diaspora Account' but customer service is very important to me. Zenith was crap when I last tried to use them. National bank provided excellent service for the 4 years I banked with them but I don't know how they have been doing since they merged with WEMA. Can't even get the WEMA website up.

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion. It is really appreciated.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by DisGuy: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2008
lami4life:

@ Poster,
Carryin out cheap survey, huh?

I think not. The emphasis seems to be more on innovation. On the particular ad in question, a brand new car lease ad will inevitably have some status element to it.

While i have some reservations on their services too, i believe we (Clients & prospective clients) need to be more receptive to change. We are all so used to the traditional bank ads of tally number et al. tongue

na bank ads we go chop

I sent them an email eight months ago (about diaspora account), I'm still waiting for a reply! so much for innovation
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
innovation my ass. bank ads today scare me - i only hope nigerians are not stupid enough to buy into the perpetual debt that most of these bank ads are promising.

financial freedom is all the rage in the us, where people are told /advised to avoid buying items on credit etal. that is exactly what most bank ads are encouraging people towards - the culture of instant gratification.

why save for a car, when you can open a salaried account with bank phb/uba and buy it and pay of over 24 months? so what happens if you get fired?

going by so many ads i wonder if nigerians know what banking is about - all this glitz and glitter is not what people loooking to bank their funds in sane countries are looking for.

foreign banks ads focus on a responsible image, and a long tradition of blah blah blah - as someone stated, most nigerian banks focus on the absurd - promotions for opening bank accounts, silly i'm a trendy campus babe who uses bank phb'

please do tell, whats innovative about a ridiculous one day cars will run on water ad?
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by waleab: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
nigerian banks are daily lottery winners. they are always in a win win situation. if you asked me i will say they licensed theives. worse than high way robbers. the amount of money they charge for their zero services is appauling
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by begood1: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
no bank like gtb and zenith
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by edmou: 12:51am On Jun 14, 2008
hi,pls what do you guys think of diamond bank ?,their services and all
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2008
What about those that experienced good services with bank PHB, can they post too?

I for one experienced good service, the money I deposited in my account last year is still in the account. grin
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Ezenwenyi(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2008
I must confess that i was attracted to open an account with them,just because of their motivating adverts which let's you know that EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE,but yet three weeks after openning an account with them,i have not been able to get my PIN for my ATM card which i collected after two week.Since i was convinced that EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE i went back after one week of getting my ATM to get the PIN and they said:"THEY HAVE NOT SENT THE PIN" please people with the help of internet i think generating and sending the PIN to their branches can be done in 5minutes.IT IS POSSIBLE.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2008
@Poster

No offence men, but i think something aint right here, cos your question makes me wanna ask you>>DO YOU WORK WITH BANK-PHB

I bank with em' so u dun need to be scared of answering my question!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by otesy: 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2008
Totally agree with Oyb. What's so innovative about "one day cars will run on water"? Is it just by saying it or by actually doing something to acheive it? Their customer service is lousy, their staff can be rude. Talking from an experience I had once at their branch on Aba Road, near CFC in Port Harcourt. Nothing to wow me about them. Sorry,
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by fatherab1: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2008
Every bank has what is called CORPORATE CULTURE. This is simply the philosophy behind their operations. The corporate culture of BankPHB is distinctively superb. Check out their quality products! Any idea they bring out, other sluggish banks copy. The latest being the UK education loan. As soon as PHB laaaunched it, allllllllll others woke up to float thiers.

On a serious note, each bank has its own strenghts and weaknesses. Bank PHB is very strong in brand/ideas but GTB is very strong in customer care, Skye can easily say YES to people like us who seek for facilities to fund our projects. Skye says yes when a mere security man in ZENITH embarases you. If dont deal with banks beyond withdrawals/deposits, you wont understand me.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by reindeer: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2008
Abeg, bad is bad wherever, the other banks' shortcomings do not justify what PHB lacks in customer care, i mean the day i was insulted by a Customer care officer i vowed never to have anything do with PHB again, it was as if being a corper made you subhuman,
In contrast GTB has been so good and I have only met nice security men at all zenith branches i have visited
You dont need to do so much transaction with a bank to get a feel of their philosophy
at PHB, everything is possible, including insulting ya mama!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by MethodMan3(m): 1:01am On Jun 15, 2008
The last time i was inside Bank PHB, I WAS FUCKING ROBBED!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by nkc(m): 5:07am On Jun 15, 2008
from my exp.

zenith has d worst customer service

gtb has d best

phb has good solid branding

skye funds u up

first , its old grin

as for zenith no one shld defend dem, d only place they were cool was in d hq in lagos, cos jim ovia fit dey look dem, in abuja were i stay even mere graduate taken a day ago dey fel pompous
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by reindeer: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2008
Strong brand identity, my foot!
abeg PHB need to change how they treat customers,
As for zenith, my experience with them in ikeja hasnt been bad, GT is just sweet as a bank and i had to relocate all my accounts there including my corporate based on their excellent services,
for all those defending PHB, all those saying otherwose cant all be wrong, wait till they insult ya papa.
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by babyx(f): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2008
@ Poster
BANK PHB customer services is very bad very very very bad, i run a salary account with them at Adeola Hopewell Victoria Island Lagos, and i dread using the banking hall,once my salary is paid, i clear it out to another bank, inshort as soon as i change my current employer i will change the the Bank that handles my salary.
To the say the least Customer Service in NIGERIA is bad, bad! irrespective of how big the organisation is. Just yesterday i was at Sweet Sensation a fast FOOD on Issac John 's Street GRA Ikeja, Lagos, no sooner have i finished my lunch, a big smelly cockroach flew out of nowhere and landed on my table i freaked out, you wouldnt believe the sacarsm in the tone of one of the attendants when i drew their attention to it, that singlular event if it where in DEVELOPED countries would have cost that fast food joint a stern visits from HEALTH INSPECTORS. I was livid, but the attendants were not perturbed!
so SAD!
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by prizeless(m): 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
PHB is the most innovative bank in Nigeria,they give their customers the treat of the moment. They make sure they have the best of moments ever.

THEY LET OUR CUSTOMERS RULE AS KINGS
Re: Your BankPHB Experience? by allboyz(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2008
PHB Has quality and worldclass creativity,and branding, check out their adverts,its captivating.

and that's what the foriegn investors see 1st,and make them bank with them, but sum of their services are xtremely POOR.

I can't bank with them,

wouldn't you rather bank with us?, GTBank smiley lol i simply love GTBank.
I will BUY GTBank up 100%

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Sugar Posts N14.4bn Profit In 2016, Declares 60k Dividend / External Reserves Drop To Three-month Low / The Elevated Men Business Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.